Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So this discussion again. Other than money drops, the whole reason to do Ambuscade is tied to Gallantry now. Please team up. Nyariko, you mention gimps with mediocre gear soloing? Two of those people teaming up will still improve their results while using half the number of Legion instances and requiring fewer mobs killed for a new KI. And they will get Gallantry. We have this discussion every time.

    Also the reason Ambuscade doesn't seem busy is because of the Adventurer Appreciation campaigns going on that will end after this weekend. Things will resume being unbearable within a few days so please look forward to it.
    (2)

  2. #22
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Please if your a lowbie player without high end status, group together with other lowbie's in parties of 3 and use trusts for the tank / healer jobs. You can do spam Normal difficulty and get plenty of hallmarks and gallantry while not clogging up the servers. You don't need to solo, it's never a good idea, ever.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  3. #23
    Player Aysha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    405
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Literally anyone with zero JP and about 13 minutes of effort can be PLD RUN SCH or WHM for the event. All you have to do is have a brainstem, a pulse and ilvl gear. Whm/Sch can even be completely naked.

    To be BLM BLU GEO takes slightly more effort, maybe an entire day worth of effort. That's it.

    If you don't like any of those 7 options, play a game thats more your style, instead of making everyone hate you for soloing for zero gain.
    Are we talking Vol 1?

    I took my PLD in to Vol 2... not Vol 1... a few months ago when it was the Flan boss. A couple of those runs, which featured a well-geared BLU and GEO, I got killed, several times and I was clearly not good enough to tank the stuff.

    I was casting all of the spells I had available to me, Crusade, Reprisal, Phalanx, the works. I had Cizin+1 (Skirmish 119), Skirmish+1 shield, Ark Angels 119 sword, and whatever PDT jewelry I could find, VIT if I couldn't find that.

    That was Volume TWO.

    I think you're vastly understating what you need to be successful in Ambuscade.

    EDIT: I am not trying to condone soloing as it is indeed a waste of everybody's time, but yanno... if other players would be more willing to group up, I'd happily try again. I now have BLU which I could probably get into Ambuscade, but my family member has THF as her main job. How willing do you think people would be to take her? Not very unless they finally gave us a piercing-weak mob for Vol2.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aysha; 05-31-2017 at 12:52 AM.

  4. #24
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think you're vastly understating what you need to be successful in Ambuscade.
    What difficulty level are we speaking about?

    VD Intense requires extremely good players

    VD Normal / D Intense requires good players

    D Normal / N Intense is for average lowbies

    Ambuscade is an event that rewards players for being good and versatile without punishing players for not.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  5. #25
    Player Khiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Klihri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    What difficulty level are we speaking about?

    VD Intense requires extremely good players

    VD Normal / D Intense requires good players

    D Normal / N Intense is for average lowbies

    Ambuscade is an event that rewards players for being good and versatile without punishing players for not.
    I mean, not really. I do VD intense V1 every month. with a mediocre effort blm or blu depending on the month. You don't have to be exceptional. grab 4/5 Ea and jhakri+2 feet with an ambu cape a lathi and you're good to go. Very low effort very low energy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Are we talking Vol 1?

    I took my PLD in to Vol 2... not Vol 1... a few months ago when it was the Flan boss.

    That was Volume TWO.
    Each month is different. THIS months V1VD is cakewalk easy for tank and healer. Just don't tank in an Aegis, the shoulder tackle might OS during MS. It can effortlessly be done in 5/5 Sulevia with the JSE shield and 0 jp.

    V2 is actually HARDER than V1

    Difficult should be the minimum anything gets done on. It's ambuscade ffs. It's blindfold easy. Put in a little effort.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-31-2017 at 09:59 AM.

  6. #26
    Player BobbinT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gridania XD
    Posts
    118
    Character
    Bobbinthrdbare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Please don't follow what FF14 did with their mogshop. Besides, I like it when the content encourages to team up, which is the whole point playing MMO. I know it's sometimes hard to group up on these situations, but IMO I rather go back playing offline games if I have to rely on soloing all the time. Can also consider transferring to more populated server (or worse... start over at that server). ^^;
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player Ketaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    215
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Please if your a lowbie player without high end status, group together with other lowbie's in parties of 3 and use trusts for the tank / healer jobs. You can do spam Normal difficulty and get plenty of hallmarks and gallantry while not clogging up the servers. You don't need to solo, it's never a good idea, ever.
    No, 100 isn't "plenty" of hallmarks or gallantry. It's a pretty terrible amount, actually.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If 100 is a terrible amount of gallantry then what word would you use to describe 0 gallantry?
    (0)

  9. #29
    Player Ketaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    215
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    If 100 is a terrible amount of gallantry then what word would you use to describe 0 gallantry?
    Both are 0 if you don't go in at all. And Gallantry is immaterial to somebody who isn't all that interested in those items. Shouldn't that it be obvious by now that the soloers don't care about Gallantry?
    (1)

  10. #30
    Player Khiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Klihri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Both are 0 if you don't go in at all. And Gallantry is immaterial to somebody who isn't all that interested in those items. Shouldn't that it be obvious by now that the soloers don't care about Gallantry?
    If you dont care about +2ing gear through gallantry then don't do it at all. There is absolutely zero reason to solo this. it's not debatable.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast