Character
    Xyjah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95

PlayOnline Viewer Graphics Issue

I recently decided to give FFXI a go again with my husband and friends and I seem to have trouble with my PO Viewer. The graphics are pretty degraded. In game play is ok but I think could be better. My husband doesn't seem to have the same issues however.

Any recommendations?
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyjah View Post
    I recently decided to give FFXI a go again with my husband and friends and I seem to have trouble with my PO Viewer. The graphics are pretty degraded. In game play is ok but I think could be better. My husband doesn't seem to have the same issues however.

Any recommendations?
    I'm looking for same but some think we should be able to do without most of the Playonline usage like it used to be having a more valuable usage compared to almost bleak usage it has now since the forums came around for instance but curious if SE or ffxi teams will be a boost to it or they finally decide to do an overhaul, remaking its usage a total new minus all the junk that's just sitting there too. Anyways, until then, I will be waiting to see if anyone has come up with any ideas until then. {Side Note: it looks better on outdated older operating systems conforming to the way graphics used to be back then not thinking of the advancing improvements that could be set early on to have the change outs needed easily when newer higher graphic qualities come about or in this case came about with each new operating system created as well here.

Edit: ...or find ways we could jump into the game without it completely.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Might be older playonline version. Highly recommend download recent installation files from playonline site. Your problem kinda similar to this thread.
    (0)

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyjah View Post

Any recommendations?
    Besides going into the FFXIconfig file and Playonline config file (both exist) maximizing all the settings, i'm not sure what to recommend here. One thing that always bugged me about older games is the draw distance, having distant landscapes pop into view or even more near objects such as trees and plants. This game in particular has a rather short draw distance, though some of the wider open landscapes are absolutely beyond gorgeous if they could be seen rendered in their entirety. Also, 60FPS is always a bit nicer than 30FPS.

Although the config file does not include all of those options, sadly, getting any older game in general to look its best would include those things. I know shaders are also popular, although i know very little about them, nor does the config file have that built in.

FFXI was built on the PS2 after all, and so there are some real limitations to the visuals that come with that... but if one were to fully maximize the visual settings, it should look very pretty for the most part.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-24-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Might be older playonline version. Highly recommend download recent installation files from playonline site. Your problem kinda similar to this thread.
    You can't sign in with an older version, it will check files and force an update. The last update was years ago.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/