Frequency: Constant
    Character Name: Andrev
    Race: Hume
    World: Asura
    Main Job: Warrior
    Support Job: Monk
    Area and Coordinates: Windurst Walls, House of the Hero
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: n/a (I don't remember his name)
    Monster Name: n/a
    Steps:
    1. Obtained Carbuncle Ruby
    2. Traveled to Windurst Walls to visit House of the Hero to trigger quest
    3. Cutscene proceeds fine. Instructed to find weather effects.
    4. Zoning into various areas that have weather effects but are not registering. These include, but are not limited to: Qufim (yes I know it won't register unless zoning from Tower...which I did), Yuhtunga Jungle, South Gustaberg, just to name a few.
    5. Quest "I Can Hear A Rainbow" shows in quest list, but weather is not registering.
    6. Tried zoning into weather areas below and above lvl 30.
    7. ????
    8. Profit?
    (0)
    Last edited by IceCadaverX; 05-20-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Player
    Use the template, tag "N/A" for anything not related, even if you want to keep it "short and sweet". No template = "Not a Bug Report" and auto-trash...

EDIT: Ah. Not sure if those specific zones count. Silly ruby is rather picky about which zones it'll pay attention to. I'd try to focus on vanilla zones. You can get rain/thunder/wind/earth all in Konschat for instance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-20-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ahzure
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    The stone circle is after getting all the weather effects. I haven't even registered the first one because it's acting like I never triggered the quest, which I did. Cutscene and all. Even in my active quest list. But will not register weather effects. I'll go to La Theine in the off chance for some weird reason we no longer require weather effects.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCadaverX View Post
    The stone circle is after getting all the weather effects. I haven't even registered the first one because it's acting like I never triggered the quest, which I did. Cutscene and all. Even in my active quest list. But will not register weather effects. I'll go to La Theine in the off chance for some weird reason we no longer require weather effects.
    No, we most certainly still need to collect the weather effects to unlock SMN. ^^;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ahzure
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    Modified original post to reflect template. Hopefully this will be addressed. Summoner is the ONLY magic class I had fun with back in the day. Usually I'm heavy armor melee. May as well name all my characters Tanky McTankerson, because it's all I usually ever do in any MMO ever. So I was looking forward to enjoying summoner again for a bit. Imagine my "uuuuuuugh nooooooo" when I noticed the weather not registering.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    According to Ffxiclopedia, the Carbuncle's Ruby must be in your inventory, satchel or sack to get the cutscenes. If it's in your Mog case it doesn't work. Something to check.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 05-20-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Character
    Ahzure
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    It is in my active inventory
    (0)

Player
    It might be possible that you got the effects flagged but for some reason the mini-cs didn't display.. IIRC, you can check your progress on which effects have been collected by waiting for a rainbow to appear in La Theine after it rains there and the ones that you have collected will show up in the rainbow. (Yes, it's a cute lore thing, but it's also annoying as heck.)

Still suggest camping a vanilla zone (like Konschat, La Theine, Jugner, and Paschow) to make sure that you don't get the weather effect there. Might also want to reference: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/I_Can_Hear_a_Rainbow for a list of zones confirmed to count. ^^ Also, try hitting up the Northlands (Beaucedine Glacier or Xarcabard) to see if Ice registers. If it does, then there is no bug and you just need to follow the listing that I linked.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-21-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Character
    Ahzure
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    Weather still wasn't registering in Gustaberg (I've almost always gotten Orange there) but zoning into Beaucedine got ice and West Altepa got Yellow. Zoning into Dunes got orange.

It's working now but I maybe some zones are not registering when they should?

But I think I'll be okay now. Topic can be closed, but hopefully there will be a check to make sure certain zones are registering what they're supposed to register.

Thanks for everyone's willingness to help ^_^
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCadaverX View Post
    Weather still wasn't registering in Gustaberg (I've almost always gotten Orange there) but zoning into Beaucedine got ice and West Altepa got Yellow. Zoning into Dunes got orange.

It's working now but I maybe some zones are not registering when they should?

But I think I'll be okay now. Topic can be closed, but hopefully there will be a check to make sure certain zones are registering what they're supposed to register.

Thanks for everyone's willingness to help ^_^
    Glad you got it worked out. ^^ Orange is "clear skies" in the daytime btw. It's entirely possible there were a few clouds in Gusta when you tried. XD
    (0)