Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    They didn't say they couldn't. They said they didn't want to because something about what if the mob was around the corner and you didn't have line of sight but your pet did. I'd actually prefer dealing with that since usually if pet has hate on multiples they are relatively close and well niche situations. Easy fix to those OOR is stop making your pet so dumb. Seriously if you have to stand that close it should listen and could make it not use a charge the same way bps don't anymore.

And I was referring less to balance and more to SEs vision. As is bst is played fairly similarly to before except you run in to slightly behind your pet then run back to out of range but can't melee to the side of big mobs and ready. Increasing the range would just make that slightly safer. Of course there are other flaws in SEs vision namely no replacement for Charmer's Merlin or poor DD shield options while also not having dual wield
    Those are actually only part of the problem. BST having no JAs, nor JTs other than Fencer, that involve master damage dealing would be more important than specific-use gear complaints. When it comes to specific-use gear, it would also be more important to provide base combat stats (acc/atk) to both master+pet simultaneously, since all we can do while meleeing is: build tp > ws > repeat, and preferably not a severe PITA to get ahold of. Replacing Charmer's Merlin would be next on the list, but there are actually other options to solve that issue than just an ilvl version. I've said before that it would be a good thing to move the CM's recast- to merits (along with a 10sec minimum recast cap), the pet/master accuracy issue could be solved w/ a new JT that mirrored gear acc between both, and maybe DW could be given to us at lv90+. I'm sure there plenty of other options as well.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Those are actually only part of the problem. BST having no JAs, nor JTs other than Fencer, that involve master damage dealing would be more important than specific-use gear complaints. When it comes to specific-use gear, it would also be more important to provide base combat stats (acc/atk) to both master+pet simultaneously, since all we can do while meleeing is: build tp > ws > repeat, and preferably not a severe PITA to get ahold of. Replacing Charmer's Merlin would be next on the list, but there are actually other options to solve that issue than just an ilvl version. I've said before that it would be a good thing to move the CM's recast- to merits (along with a 10sec minimum recast cap), the pet/master accuracy issue could be solved w/ a new JT that mirrored gear acc between both, and maybe DW could be given to us at lv90+. I'm sure there plenty of other options as well.
    Oh wasn't saying that's the only problem just the big ones.

I disagree about gear though. Charmer's merlin single handily probably effects dps more than if we added all of warriors jt/jas. Even worse that combined with the dual wield thing means we can't even get them thru subjob. Other options are still replacements in effect just not gear. It literally increases pet dps by just under 50%

Combined acc etc stats will do hardly anything to dps given just how incredibly skewed the ready to melee dmg of our pets are and the general uselessness of getting tp on them. Capped pdif several 1 charge moves do in excess of 20k (some doing more like 30-40k depending on procs) while melee hits are doing 600-800. iirc most jugs are 280-320 delay so even with capped gear haste and some from familiar looking at a hit every 3 seconds or so outside of the pig. So going from zero melee hits to fully hasted all hitting is all of about 5-12% increase in pet dps and that's assuming also hasting both

As such I'd say even Blurred Shield +1 would add about as much to bst dps (assuming we could untether charmer's) as an entire set of master and pet acc. It's only master and splits aren't quite as extreme (though ws still the vast majority of the dmg) and it's harder to compare master and pet but should increase master wsd by a good 10% (going to be really gear dependent on gear and tp) and possibly some small amount to melee dps (hard to say if it will increase hit rate and whether or not acc/att end up mattering) That said we already have that the hard part is getting that AND pet dt so it actually has the survivability that was half the argument for moving bst into range.

I'd fully support some kind of ja/jt to mirror stats though would need to be much more than just acc. Heck to get the pets melee dmg up you'd basically need to mirror at least some buffs too. Acc/att, haste, DA/TA/QA, stp at a minimum. And yes there are a lot of options and a lot of problems to the meleeing with your pet thing. Hell some aren't even particular to it. Single wielding a 1hd weapon for any job (well except dnc and pld sort of) has the huge hurdle of decreased attack speed and tp gain to overcome. There needs to be some kind of equivalent to dw, ma, hasso/LR for single wielders
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-15-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Oh wasn't saying that's the only problem just the big ones.

I disagree about gear though. Charmer's merlin single handily probably effects dps more than if we added all of warriors jt/jas. Even worse that combined with the dual wield thing means we can't even get them thru subjob. Other options are still replacements in effect just not gear. It literally increases pet dps by just under 50%

Combined acc etc stats will do hardly anything to dps given just how incredibly skewed the ready to melee dmg of our pets are and the general uselessness of getting tp on them. Capped pdif several 1 charge moves do in excess of 20k (some doing more like 30-40k depending on procs) while melee hits are doing 600-800. iirc most jugs are 280-320 delay so even with capped gear haste and some from familiar looking at a hit every 3 seconds or so outside of the pig. So going from zero melee hits to fully hasted all hitting is all of about 5-12% increase in pet dps and that's assuming also hasting both

As such I'd say even Blurred Shield +1 would add about as much to bst dps (assuming we could untether charmer's) as an entire set of master and pet acc. It's only master and splits aren't quite as extreme (though ws still the vast majority of the dmg) and it's harder to compare master and pet but should increase master wsd by a good 10% (going to be really gear dependent on gear and tp) and possibly some small amount to melee dps (hard to say if it will increase hit rate and whether or not acc/att end up mattering) That said we already have that the hard part is getting that AND pet dt so it actually has the survivability that was half the argument for moving bst into range.

I'd fully support some kind of ja/jt to mirror stats though would need to be much more than just acc. Heck to get the pets melee dmg up you'd basically need to mirror at least some buffs too. Acc/att, haste, DA/TA/QA, stp at a minimum. And yes there are a lot of options and a lot of problems to the meleeing with your pet thing. Hell some aren't even particular to it. Single wielding a 1hd weapon for any job (well except dnc and pld sort of) has the huge hurdle of decreased attack speed and tp gain to overcome. There needs to be some kind of equivalent to dw, ma, hasso/LR for single wielders
    Changing merits from "recast -1 per merit" to "recast -2 per merit" along with a hard-cap on reduction to 10sec Ready recasts, would nullify the requirement of using Charmer's Merlin. That alone would give us a good shot at doing what they decreed we should be doing, since we would no longer be required to reset TP every few sec. XD Neglecting to include the 10sec cap would only result in us still using the CM and using 6sec Readys... Which would basically put us at unlimited 1-charge moves... Which would make BLUs cry for BST nerfs again. >.>;; So, let's avoid all the drama and include the cap. lol

As far as the mirroring of non-accuracy stats, I don't mind forgoing that as long as accuracy can be done. The rest of the stats could be viewed more as your focus (master ws vs pet Ready), but there is no reason that either pet/master should be forced to whiff with current gear. Since the vast majority of our gear leans one way or the other, I think that a JT something like "Master and pet each gain 50% of the other's accuracy from equipment." This would allow us to gear primarily for master while allowing the pet to not-miss, or vice versa. BST melee would still be boring, but at least it could be turned into something worth doing.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Changing merits from "recast -1 per merit" to "recast -2 per merit" along with a hard-cap on reduction to 10sec Ready recasts, would nullify the requirement of using Charmer's Merlin. .
    Again that is still a replacement. I didn't specify which way it needed to be replaced just that it needed to be
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9