Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I don't know why you're arguing vehemently against mechanics you don't understand.
    This innocent snowflake is back with his idea of what he thinks is greater than anyone else's idea.
    I don't like your idea and feedback so ill call you aggressive and insulting and pretend to block you also....... get a clue..
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The reason BST was not intended to melee with the pet, goes back to the days when BST was a Charm-powered job.

Back in 2004, I was BST75/whm every day, and I *never* melee'd with my pet. Ever. Because you have to swap pets, get a new charm pet, and that is when you want the Enemy mob to have almost zero hate on you, so you can just Charm->Fight->Run Away and you *pray* that the charm mob hits the enemy on the first attack, or the enemy is still going to chase after you.

The idea of building hate on the mob by hitting it, and then trying to get a new charm pet, was absurd. There was no way to reset or switch hate in those days, and many BST including myself, became Very Religious and PRAYED that the new charm pet would land a critical on the first hit and so take hate from you.

We BST in those days were superstitious and religious, and extremely nervous, lol.

BST in those days was a trapeze act, a balancing act. It was not brute force, it was more like Ballet, it was all about Subtlety and Nuance.

And of course, in those days, the only way to play the job was to issue commands from a safe distance, often a VERY LONG DISTANCE, because you needed to be far away from the fight in order to have time to locate and charm new pets, and allow time for Mis-Charms and Re-Charms.

In 2004 BST was the most fun job in the world, it was actually more excitement and fun than a person should be allowed to have in life. I miss those days, QQ.
    (4)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with a lot of your sentiments. BST wasn't designed for direct combat, it needs changes for that. I also miss how interesting and unique BST was. To manipulate the game's environment in regard of just taking control of all types of mobs was so much fun. That fear of trying to charm an IT++ and lock it in with Familiar then walking around with this powerhouse pet felt so rewarding. Learning Leave and being able to walk through certain areas without fear of aggro as you could just Charm > Leave or do all sort of interesting things tricking mobs with charmed pets.

Games evolve. BST did have issues with being wanted for parties and while it wasn't as necessary then, I understand it is now. I can respect the limitations of not being able to charm everywhere but I do wish Charm was worth it when you have areas that have a ton of fodder mobs. Delve, Incursion, Omen, etc.

BST has so much potential. I'm just disappointed in this whole "sprinting beast mage" meta that it has turned into. It's not intuitive for players new to the game or BST given how other pets operate. I understand players are salty regarding the past bandwagoning, but there is alternatives. Working around things is not the same as working well.
    (5)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I say they should do it and in return, they can half our hp or defense it's a win-win situation.
    (2)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    This innocent snowflake is back with his idea of what he thinks is greater than anyone else's idea.
    I don't like your idea and feedback so ill call you aggressive and insulting and pretend to block you also....... get a clue..
    why do you call everyone snowflake you troll. gtfo off this forum and work on your REMAS
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd ignore Kishr. Best way to go forward. Adds no substance. Attacks people. Gets fact checked and takes it as personal attacks. Then continues to insult people. Definition of a troll. I'm surprised they haven't gotten banned yet but community management has been sparse.

Just a distraction that BST has very real issues with distance and gameplay.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefhunglo View Post
    I say they should do it and in return, they can half our hp or defense it's a win-win situation.
    Neither our HP or defense are all that high normally, so this would be rather extreme. I say raise it to ~10-12y with no accompanying offset nerf so that we can at the very least, attempt to play the game they have decreed is the way we should be playing it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Neither our HP or defense are all that high normally, so this would be rather extreme. I say raise it to ~10-12y with no accompanying offset nerf so that we can at the very least, attempt to play the game they have decreed is the way we should be playing it.
    I'd add if we are really going with the way they want us to play to change it from distance to your pet to distance to the mob.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I'd add if we are really going with the way they want us to play to change it from distance to your pet to distance to the mob.
    I'm pretty sure that they've already said that that is not possible. Given how often a pet will randomly run off to whack something 15y+ away from me, I'm not sure that it would be a good thing to change getting OOR messages for the Ready JA into getting OOR messages from your pet eating a charge but being way {Over there.} Increasing the range beyond melee range (to 10y-12y) should not actually do any damage to game balance, allow us to melee alongside our pet without getting OOR messages, and reduce the impact of the (personally annoying) racial range difference.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-15-2017 at 03:07 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they've already said that that is not possible. Given how often a pet will randomly run off to whack something 15y+ away from me, I'm not sure that it would be a good thing to change getting OOR messages for the Ready JA into getting OOR messages from your pet eating a charge but being way {Over there.} Increasing the range beyond melee range (to 10y-12y) should not actually do any damage to game balance, allow us to melee alongside our pet without getting OOR messages, and reduce the impact of the (personally annoying) racial range difference.
    They didn't say they couldn't. They said they didn't want to because something about what if the mob was around the corner and you didn't have line of sight but your pet did. I'd actually prefer dealing with that since usually if pet has hate on multiples they are relatively close and well niche situations. Easy fix to those OOR is stop making your pet so dumb. Seriously if you have to stand that close it should listen and could make it not use a charge the same way bps don't anymore.

And I was referring less to balance and more to SEs vision. As is bst is played fairly similarly to before except you run in to slightly behind your pet then run back to out of range but can't melee to the side of big mobs and ready. Increasing the range would just make that slightly safer. Of course there are other flaws in SEs vision namely no replacement for Charmer's Merlin or poor DD shield options while also not having dual wield
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-15-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast