Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by s_white62 View Post
    so which merits do use?
    Subtle blow 5, hyoton3, raiton2, NTE4, 6xSan1. Always had san from pre TAU. They didn't do much then, but their dmg is much higher now.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by s_white62 View Post
    so which merits do use?
    I used to be 5/5 Subtle Blow, 5/5 Hyoton effect, 5/5 Ninja Tool expertise, 5/5 Hyoton: San

But with Voidwatch, since san spells are procs, I swapped to 4/5 Subtle, 1/5 in each element category, 4/5 Ninja Tool expertise, 1/5 in each of the San spells.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I was always 4/5 sb, 1 in each element, 4/5 nte, 1 in each san. I never really tried to get a great nuke set or fire off insane hyoton nukes though so perhaps i'm a fool.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Tbh aiming for nuking sets on NIN was kinda... I dunno, stupid? Pointless? But back then I didn't have mage jobs and started messing up with the idea of using NIN as a "light nuker", so I developed a build with atmas, gear and nukes.
    Not comparable to a BLM of course, but it was pretty fun, decent damage. No big spikes except with Futae Hyoton:San, but very constant stream of damage and an entertaining variation from the usual DD melee mechanics.

Nobody trusted me when I proposed friends to let me go NIN/RDM for those fights where they wanted me on a ranged/mage jobs, but the few that allowed me to usually were positively surprised :P

But anyway, those days are over and really even back then there was little point to do that much work for a nuking set. I have to say though that I enjoyed those few times I managed to put that setup to work
    (2)

Character
    Pimptarutaru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Tbh aiming for nuking sets on NIN was kinda... I dunno, stupid? Pointless? But back then I didn't have mage jobs and started messing up with the idea of using NIN as a "light nuker", so I developed a build with atmas, gear and nukes.
    Not comparable to a BLM of course, but it was pretty fun, decent damage. No big spikes except with Futae Hyoton:San, but very constant stream of damage and an entertaining variation from the usual DD melee mechanics.

Nobody trusted me when I proposed friends to let me go NIN/RDM for those fights where they wanted me on a ranged/mage jobs, but the few that allowed me to usually were positively surprised :P

But anyway, those days are over and really even back then there was little point to do that much work for a nuking set. I have to say though that I enjoyed those few times I managed to put that setup to work
    should try to mess around with 2 MAB katanas from magian trials (+22 MAB +22 INT for 2 katanas) there pretty fun to play with in abyssea with nuking atmas + i there are quite a bit of MAB gear nin can wear now ^^ again i only play around with it :3
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah in my setup I was using MAB Katana and Yagentoshiro
    (0)

im full supporter of san nukes ad sange i lean more to sange since i have throwing cap. Decent ra. acc/attack will pump sange dmg throwing 5 shurikens and relic body with augment gives 20 range attack per merit. I use Koga shurikens saw person selling 3 stacks how he got them is beyond me. lol
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by vixin View Post
    im full supporter of san nukes ad sange i lean more to sange since i have throwing cap. Decent ra. acc/attack will pump sange dmg throwing 5 shurikens and relic body with augment gives 20 range attack per merit. I use Koga shurikens saw person selling 3 stacks how he got them is beyond me. lol
    All I'm seeing in this post is "I carry around a ranged acc/att set instead of useful sets like PDT or MDT." How anyone can consider themselves decently geared and still have room for a throwing set is beyond me.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    All I'm seeing in this post is "I carry around a ranged acc/att set instead of useful sets like PDT or MDT." How anyone can consider themselves decently geared and still have room for a throwing set is beyond me.
    all i see in this post is some one really wants a hug. lol
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post

nin/rdm was pretty fun in abyssea with proper atma, it made me solo a lot of NM for my AF+1 paper.

_____

Nexxus - Cerberus
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast