Thread: PLEASE.

Character
    Pseudonymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 60

PLEASE.

Do something about how long it takes to download updates.

This is why I never want to come back, and sure as heck why I never want to keep paying to play.

I am stuck with a data usage cap of 1TB a month between three people who are constantly on the computer, and with how long it takes to update FFXI, it takes nearly half of that cap. In ONE DAY.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Updates are what they are, if they could make them smaller, I'm sure they would as they too have to keep tabs on bandwidth and costs.

I suggest you rally together with the other people in your premises and invest in a better internet solution!?
    (0)

Character
    Pseudonymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 60
    Not unless someone else is willing to pay the extra 100 dollars a month for unlimited bandwidth... not going to happen, I'm afraid. Internet is locked down for one ISP in this area, unfortunately.
    (0)

Player
    So are you complaining about the time it takes to download an update or the file size? :/

File size is actually pretty small for the normal monthlys. It just takes a while due to the PS2 transfer cap...
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Pseudonymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 60
    It takes forever. I'm currently on my 18th hour here and it's only on 26%.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPseudo View Post
    It takes forever. I'm currently on my 18th hour here and it's only on 26%.
    Seems like there are others complaining about the same thing.. There's a notice that they fixed a problem with the update server, won't be surprised if there's another one soon.
    Transfer speed is not related to your data transfer cap btw. Even if it downloaded the whole thing faster, the volume / total file size of the update data wouldn't change. So you shouldn't worry about it unless you guys are nearly out for the month already. ^^
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Pseudonymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 60
    Yeah, after twice it got to 50% and re-started entirely, it's just not worth it. I'll try next time they have the 'back to vana'diel' thing.
    (0)

Player
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews24932.shtml < 2nd update server maintenance. Might be fixed now. ^^;;
    (0)

Character
    Pseudonymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 60
    Appreciated, but.... I'm only at 25% of my data left for the month, and it doesn't reset until the 29th or the 30th. So I can't try again. I can wait, maybe once I can afford it in a month or two, I'll just re-sub anyway, I've been missing it. Appreciate the help, though.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPseudo View Post
    Appreciated, but.... I'm only at 25% of my data left for the month, and it doesn't reset until the 29th or the 30th. So I can't try again. I can wait, maybe once I can afford it in a month or two, I'll just re-sub anyway, I've been missing it. Appreciate the help, though.
    The total filesize for my FFXI folder is ~13GB. Pretty sure that most of it shouldn't be touched by updates, so if you still have ~250GB left, you have plenty to cover what needs to be downloaded. Again, you should have nothing to worry about. It's just good ole' "PS2 limitations" rearing it's ugly head with the slow transfer rate. The actual download size is not affected by the speed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast