Character
    Emdief
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

No memory to add textures and models... unless it's hats or social stuff?

I just don't get it. It's been a while now and devs always blame the lack of available memory, they can't add any new skin or model ingame, so we're stuck with the gear models we already have. It works when we deal with full revamps of previous stuff just like with Ambuscade, but then you have the new login campaign and they manage to put a crab on top of your hat and make some fancy sword. Why?
    Why are you guys able to add new stuff when it's social but not for legit gear? Nobody here expects a wave of new gear per month, but when you have the chance to make something new why don't you just go for it? Omen bodies, ridiculously low drop rates, look exactly as previous stuff. They are just a few, could have put some effort in making them look unique in my opinion.
    Supposedly you guys will work later on on AF2 and AF3 +2/3 with some other mechanics, maybe Omen, maybe not. If you plan on adding new stuff as well just do what you can to make powerful gear look unique, it would be way more rewarding for everyone in my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard, again we don't expect 100 or even 10 new skins per month, but even 5 every 3 months would be greatly appreciated.

Not related, but put an AH in Mhaura, for science you know.
    (1)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Maybe SE could put glowing effects on the best gear? That would be one way of making them look unique without adding any new models or textures.
    (0)

Since they are constantly adding newer stronger armor every few updates, given half a year later after adding new armor styles, people would once again ask for more. it'll all get burnt up in creating 1-3 new armor sets then nothing else can be done for doing events/logins, and since half the server mix/match this stuff for lockstyles, its odviously working in terms of people wanting them.

Its not that i disagree in wanting new armor styles, honestly i get bored with some of the combos i have for lockstyle somedays, however i personally don't mind seeing the wacky combos others do with the event stuff that come out

Its the same with trusts, they said they only have a few slots left, and that the AA trusts will be some of the last for it, altho it might not fill it completely, it'll bring it closer to the final number, i just hope the last ones aren't completely useless ones tho
    (0)

Player
    Armor is far more technically complicated than weapons. Weapons don't have to have different texture files per race, while armor has to have different race/gender versions AND weapons are static models while armor has to be able to deform do to movement. The vast majority of items released since RoV was completed have been reskins, not new models. They've already explained the whole PS2 devkit issue, so I get why they are limiting themselves to the rare new cosmetic weapons. Think of it this way, if they were "real" weapons, that would mean that the source would have to be appropriate for it's level which means that it would be limited to players (who are most likely) already participating in endgame content. Going with cosmetics gives everyone a fair chance to get it if they care to lockstyle it.
    Personally, I'd be happy with some simple palette swaps instead of straight copies of existing gear when they add stuff like new Ambuscade/Omen/Su3 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Since they are constantly adding newer stronger armor every few updates, given half a year later after adding new armor styles, people would once again ask for more. it'll all get burnt up in creating 1-3 new armor sets then nothing else can be done for doing events/logins, and since half the server mix/match this stuff for lockstyles, its odviously working in terms of people wanting them.

Its not that i disagree in wanting new armor styles, honestly i get bored with some of the combos i have for lockstyle somedays, however i personally don't mind seeing the wacky combos others do with the event stuff that come out

Its the same with trusts, they said they only have a few slots left, and that the AA trusts will be some of the last for it, altho it might not fill it completely, it'll bring it closer to the final number, i just hope the last ones aren't completely useless ones tho
    IIRC, after the AA trusts, there is room for 1 (maybe 2?) more trusts in the dats. That's it. :x Personally, I'm hoping for Prof. Schultz as a Light Arts SCH to fill the gap of solid healing trusts. I think it would open up the UC system to allow us to choose someone other than YO/Apu if they did this and would be more interesting than just about any other character choice I can think of. His combat-capable model is already in-game (SCH Limit Break) so it would be a matter of making only the AI. ^^ Can anyone else come up with any characters (with existing combat animated models) that have had a presence in-game since Dynamis? XD ("Schultz Stratagems")
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Prof. Schultz ftw
    (0)