Player

May update and why it's insulting

Summoner is more objectively broken than any other job has ever been except for maybe when Paladin was doing 10k heals. The fact that you wait an excessive amount of time to fix things that are blatant is embarrassing.

Gear is supposed to be gated by the ability to wear it, not the ability to make it. Putting Su3 gear behind a KI only obtainable by forcing people to make the Crafting shields is insulting.

Also reusing Delve items AGAIN. Come the hell on. Vagary too? As if the content wasn't over used enough you just keep cramming more use out of it. (unity too. Stop it.) The only way it could be more insulting is if it used items from Infailsion too.

The groupings for the su3 sets are also highly insulting. Putting BLU on the healing set is an embarrassment. Nerfing the PROBLEMs that make BLU overpowered is the answer, not crippling them with the RDM treatment by putting them on terrible gear from now on.

Everything you've done since Adoulin has been bad decision after bad decision (before that as well, but at least there were good decisions mixed in).

Plus, the Turms gear set has the regen that Meghanda+2 SHOULD'VE had. Turms regen is more than DOUBLE Meghanada+2 set regen.

Ya, you'll ban me for it. Someone has to say it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-11-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Player
    On the other end, just wanted to say May is my favorite update for a while, even if I'm not excited about how the new gear is made, the gear itself is great, and I think BLU is fine where it is mechanically, great for low support situations, meh for medium-high support situations (When you add higher levels of support to the mix, they're one of the worst melees for such a setup, a well geared COR does as much damage in those situations along with strong buffs.), I do wish BLU was on more relevant gear lately (and that healing set was pretty bad for all the jobs on it, to be fair, not just BLU) but, hey, least we got Ilabrat Ring.

While SMN Astral Conduit is overpowered (And that's really the only thing about SMN that is), nerfing it now just screws over the people who didn't have the chance to make use of it when it was discovered, not everyone, and would feel rather unfair, if it is nerfed, that nerf will simply make the people who are catching up who lagged behind feel shafted when they finally get their jobs ready for that strategy, it would've been one thing had it been nerfed right when it came out before everyone has made multiple Aeonics with it, but closing that door now would feel far more unfair at the end of the day.

IMO the things that deserve more attention are MNK and NIN, their WSes need to be brought back in line with other DDs, and to a lesser extent THF and DRG (Their damage is fine but they need more survivability like the other melee options.) You often don't see DNC but it's actually in a really good place, as are WAR and DRK in high buff situations (And SAM in solo-buffed DD situations), I think a lot of it comes down to people who are doing content with less players (SR, Ambuscade, lower end Escha mobs, or lowman Omen) see a lot of BLU because they're very good in low buff situations, but when you see the higher end fights as well, you realize it's a very different situation when fully buffed, and a completely different set of jobs lead the way, which is great that different jobs shine in different places, that said MNK and NIN don't shine too much anywhere, and while THF and DRG do fine damage, have increased risk compared to their counterparts, if I was focusing on balance, that's where I'd start.

Also I'd remove BLM's Aga/Aja multiple mob damage reduction, there's no reason for them to still have that while BLU spells don't, I think BLU's AOE capability is all fine and great, but there's no reason BLM shouldn't be as good at it as BLU if not better, IMO.

Also the BST range nerf basically killed them, they could definitely use some more tweaking in some way, and however the SMN issue is addressed I hope you don't do to them what happened to BST.
    (4)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 05-11-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I find it sad that SCH is not on the new mage nuking set with BLM RDM GEO. How is it that in some pieces of gear that has BLM on it but SCH is omitted and yet GEO is on it (old 75 zenith gear yes i know really really old but still) Not to mention SCH gets Magic Burst Bonus traits and GEO doesn't but the new set gives Magic burst bonuses and geo is on it and not sch. As for BLU on the new set with whm on it... I mean that's really sad... throw in more cure potency gear when there's other choices of cure pot gear blu could use... (i know fast cast too but seriously) that's all?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 05-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    I find it sad that SCH is not on the new mage nuking set with BLM RDM GEO. How is it that in some pieces of gear that has BLM on it but SCH is omitted and yet GEO is on it (old 75 zenith gear yes i know really really old but still) Not to mention SCH gets Magic Burst Bonus traits and GEO doesn't but the new set gives Magic burst bonuses and geo is on it and not sch. As for BLU on the new set with whm on it... I mean that's really sad... throw in more cure potency gear when there's other choices of cure pot gear blu could use... (i know fast cast too but seriously) that's all?
    If you actually paid attention to positioning, GEO was already only ~4% MBD behind BLM (due to AF119+3 hat in most part)... This just pushes the upper limits further. Given that GEO only has black magic skills, it actually makes more sense for GEO to share gear w/ BLM than RDM.. I'm guessing that they felt that not enough SCH are healing and tried to force it? (Might have helped in this case if they had not made the healing set suck.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    While SMN Astral Conduit is overpowered (And that's really the only thing about SMN that is), nerfing it now just screws over the people who didn't have the chance to make use of it when it was discovered, not everyone, and would feel rather unfair, if it is nerfed, that nerf will simply make the people who are catching up who lagged behind feel shafted when they finally get their jobs ready for that strategy, it would've been one thing had it been nerfed right when it came out before everyone has made multiple Aeonics with it, but closing that door now would feel far more unfair at the end of the day.
    What? "Yeah it's broken, but not everybody has had a chance to exploit the game yet. And some people would like to finish gearing SMN so they can exploit it in the future and if they can't then that's unfair. Some people haven't had a chance to be gifted Aeonic weapons yet." Is that what you're saying? It sounds like that's what you're saying and that's kinda crazy.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm not too keen on SE throwing us back into Vagary and Delve. Delve is maybe sorta okay since it's very easy and you can buy synthesis materials with plasm. But Vagary? That's pretty bad. Very few drops are still relevant and you get so few crafting drops for the time and manpower spent. And even then, the synthesis materials are just common enough that everybody will have this gear but rare enough that it'll be incredibly annoying to HQ. I guess I don't get the rationale behind any of it.
    (0)

Player
    @Detlef Sure, except replace "exploit" with "use a game mechanic that is out of line power-wise compared to others", it's no exploit, simply a 1hr ability that ended up being overtuned, any nerf to SMN should be accompanied by either a nerf to the HELMs themselves or along with new content that will at least somewhat reset the playing field in some way.

Imagine if it were as you say an "exploit" but they chose not to ban anyone, that would just reward all the people who "exploited" and screw over anyone who didn't, that doesn't make much sense to close the door this late in the game, it would've made sense like a week or even a month into it, but now? If it were in any way what is in game terms an exploit, people would be getting banned for it.
    (0)

Player
    The SMN/AC issue is not even really about the power level of the ability itself. It's only viewed as a problem because it's so fast & easy to reset SP abilities now, which allows for 4+ uses per hour. When you look at it as a 45-60min recast, it's fine.

I find it amusing/confusing that there's so much more complaining about this aspect of SMN when I'm pretty sure that there haven't been any major changes to how the job works in the last two years. One of the first things I saw when I came back was a SMN solo an Escha-Ru'aun T2 in ~3 BPs from Ifrit. 99,999 dmg was already possible back then, so it seems to me that SMN has only maintained their position.

I'd say the shift to SMNburns has more to do with other jobs/strats having a harder time (EX: Death nerf) or being not as fast. We gamers do tend to obsess over efficiency after all. ^^

Khiril: Don't think anything that you had to say was ban-worthy, even if I don't agree with it. If you actually WANT to get banned, you're probably going to have to try harder. XD
    (4)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”