Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Alter Ego Extravaganzas: Can they please be updated?

So, the Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza (which was delayed without notice,) is coming on May 1st, and I can't help but be disappointed that the delay was not used to update the roster. There are five Trusts that are now available from starter ROE quests which can be completed as soon as lv5 all year round, and there is zero justification for why they are still included in the Extravaganza rosters.

Can you please replace them in the roster with other ciphers? There are numerous Trusts that are otherwise exceedingly rare who would make solid choices for inclusion. For instance, Moogle/Kupfried would be perfect fits for the Summer/Winter campaigns to complement Sakura/Qultada in the Spring/Fall ones. Fablinix and Aldo don't seem to have regular availability, and Shantotto II would be a welcome addition to scheduled availability instead of randomly thru login points.

There are plenty of other Trust options for revising utterly obsolete content and I had been hoping that the delay was being used to do so. An official announcement on how this delay has affected the Extravaganza annual schedule going forward would also be appreciated.

As a small sidenote, there are typos in the announcement:
    Quote Originally Posted by POL Frontpage
    "How's your change to grab the following alter egos if you missed them last time!"
    should be "Now's your chance.." ^^;;
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-24-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    So, the Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza (which was delayed without notice,) is coming on May 1st, and I can't help but be disappointed that the delay was not used to update the roster. There are five Trusts that are now available from starter ROE quests which can be completed as soon as lv5 all year round, and there is zero justification for why they are still included in the Extravaganza rosters.

Can you please replace them in the roster with other ciphers? There are numerous Trusts that are otherwise exceedingly rare who would make solid choices for inclusion. For instance, Moogle/Kupfried would be perfect fits for the Summer/Winter campaigns to complement Sakura/Qultada in the Spring/Fall ones. Fablinix and Aldo don't seem to have regular availability, and Shantotto II would be a welcome addition to scheduled availability instead of randomly thru login points.

There are plenty of other Trust options for revising utterly obsolete content and I had been hoping that the delay was being used to do so. An official announcement on how this delay has affected the Extravaganza annual schedule going forward would also be appreciated.

As a small sidenote, there are typos in the announcement:

should be "Now's your chance.." ^^;;
    person in my LS said they accidently drop one of the RoE trusts, be sure to spit on his face while your at it with your request
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    person in my LS said they accidently drop one of the RoE trusts, be sure to spit on his face while your at it with your request
    I don't see any reason that they couldn't be moved somewhere else to cover this sort of thing and in general, we would all be better served if the ROE trusts were removed from the regular rotation of Extravaganzas. Maybe put them in as 100pt-or-less login campaign items that get rotated thru frequently. Saying "But some people are careless" is not a very good argument against doing what I'm suggesting btw. That is the official excuse for why we have to trade Ambuscade cape upgrade items one-at-a-time, and you probably know how popular that choice was. ^^;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't see any reason that they couldn't be moved somewhere else to cover this sort of thing and in general, we would all be better served if the ROE trusts were removed from the regular rotation of Extravaganzas. Maybe put them in as 100pt-or-less login campaign items that get rotated thru frequently. Saying "But some people are careless" is not a very good argument against doing what I'm suggesting btw. That is the official excuse for why we have to trade Ambuscade cape upgrade items one-at-a-time, and you probably know how popular that choice was. ^^;;
    They should add an NPC that allows you to purchase (with gil) a previously obtained Trust. Could also move to add other items not otherwise reobtainable.

And yeah OP, agreed ones that can be obtained via RoE quest should be removed.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    They should add an NPC that allows you to purchase (with gil) a previously obtained Trust. Could also move to add other items not otherwise reobtainable.

And yeah OP, agreed ones that can be obtained via RoE quest should be removed.
    I like that idea. Ciphers should be dirt cheap given their one-time use conditions, other stuff would be less important to make easily obtainable for new characters and could be a bit pricier (if the devs wanted to add a new gil sink.) Probably should limit it to quest/mission related ciphers/items though. Maybe even limit the repurchase to a single extra shot at the item just in case there are any worries about abusing the system in some way. Servers would probably implode if the list was too big, and if there aren't clearly defined limitations, then ppl will expect REMA/etc to be rebuyable from it.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I like that idea. Ciphers should be dirt cheap given their one-time use conditions, other stuff would be less important to make easily obtainable for new characters and could be a bit pricier (if the devs wanted to add a new gil sink.) Probably should limit it to quest/mission related ciphers/items though. Maybe even limit the repurchase to a single extra shot at the item just in case there are any worries about abusing the system in some way. Servers would probably implode if the list was too big, and if there aren't clearly defined limitations, then ppl will expect REMA/etc to be rebuyable from it.
    They are all unsendable and cannot be dual-wielded (even the lower level ones), so even with RMEA being available they couldn't abuse it, and they could be punished with a large gil cost. Would also block the need for one-time recovery.

If it was down to me it'd be Quest, Mission, Trusts, RMEA Weapons and past Seasonal Event gear.

The only real abuse would be sending event gear to mules, but they're hardly game breaking anyway, and they could easily block them being sendable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 04-25-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Player
    They are all unsendable and cannot be dual-wielded (even the lower level ones), so even with RMEA being available they couldn't abuse it, and they could be punished with a large gil cost. Would also block the need for one-time recovery.

If it was down to me it'd be Quest, Mission, Trusts, RMEA Weapons and past Seasonal Event gear.

The only real abuse would be sending event gear to mules, but they're hardly game breaking anyway, and they could easily block them being sendable.
    Very little event gear is not still available from their respective events, and what is unavailable are from one-off events (like the XIV crossover.) While I would love to get my hands on the gear from that, I fully understand that it was intended to be a time-limited thing and have no problems accepting that since I was not playing when it happened, I can't get it. I think that seasonal event gear should be excluded for those reasons.

RMEA absolutely should not be included (and I used it as an example of what should not be.) Asking for them to be included will automatically cause the devs to trash this idea simply for them being what they are. Even if the devs were OK with the idea of including them, there are many versions of each one at this point, with each version tied to quests, and it's absurd to overload the proposed NPC with all of them.

An NPC being added who can resupply r/ex rewards from (maybe even only RoE) quests and missions seems like a reasonable request. Trying to tack on anything else is just pushing the idea closer to the trash bin.

Note: If the devs have not completed the new NPC to dispense SOA mission necklaces already, they could tack on mission and RoE quest rewards before release. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Very little event gear is not still available from their respective events, and what is unavailable are from one-off events (like the XIV crossover.) While I would love to get my hands on the gear from that, I fully understand that it was intended to be a time-limited thing and have no problems accepting that since I was not playing when it happened, I can't get it. I think that seasonal event gear should be excluded for those reasons.

RMEA absolutely should not be included (and I used it as an example of what should not be.) Asking for them to be included will automatically cause the devs to trash this idea simply for them being what they are. Even if the devs were OK with the idea of including them, there are many versions of each one at this point, with each version tied to quests, and it's absurd to overload the proposed NPC with all of them.

An NPC being added who can resupply r/ex rewards from (maybe even only RoE) quests and missions seems like a reasonable request. Trying to tack on anything else is just pushing the idea closer to the trash bin.

Note: If the devs have not completed the new NPC to dispense SOA mission necklaces already, they could tack on mission and RoE quest rewards before release. ^^
    But that's it, it doesn't change that. My idea was to only allow you to re-obtain it, IE if you hadn't gotten it before, then you still can't. Same with RMEA, it'd only allow you to re-obtain them if you messed up and dropped them by accident.
    (0)

Player
    But that's it, it doesn't change that. My idea was to only allow you to re-obtain it, IE if you hadn't gotten it before, then you still can't. Same with RMEA, it'd only allow you to re-obtain them if you messed up and dropped them by accident.
    That is precisely what the Item Recovery service is for.

Trying to get RMEA tacked on will absolutely get the idea nixxed. Regardless of the devs' likely reflex reaction to not do anything related to RMEA, you would be asking for the NPC to be able to check Magian and normal quest progress for, and be capable of handling, ~10 different versions per weapon (528 total by my count)... That's a LOT of extra complicated work to pile on top of making the NPC's dynamic menu for mission/quest rewards (which probably is not a simple task in itself.) That would be why I specifically excluded it earlier.

Being able to repurchase stuff like RoE Ciphers, Conquest banners, and Adoulin necklaces (mentioned since we know they have been working on a new method to re-obtain them and this seems to fit the concept,) would be plenty as far as this thread is concerned, since that would remove the obstacle brought up to removing/replacing them in the Extravaganzas, and would come with the bonus of answering the pleas of those who tossed their mission banners long ago and would like them back now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-26-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That is precisely what the Item Recovery service is for.

Trying to get RMEA tacked on will absolutely get the idea nixxed. Regardless of the devs' likely reflex reaction to not do anything related to RMEA, you would be asking for the NPC to be able to check Magian and normal quest progress for, and be capable of handling, ~10 different versions per weapon (528 total by my count)... That's a LOT of extra complicated work to pile on top of making the NPC's dynamic menu for mission/quest rewards (which probably is not a simple task in itself.) That would be why I specifically excluded it earlier.

Being able to repurchase stuff like RoE Ciphers, Conquest banners, and Adoulin necklaces (mentioned since we know they have been working on a new method to re-obtain them and this seems to fit the concept,) would be plenty as far as this thread is concerned, since that would remove the obstacle brought up to removing/replacing them in the Extravaganzas, and would come with the bonus of answering the pleas of those who tossed their mission banners long ago and would like them back now.
    A function limited to one time only. one item restoration for upwards of 15 years is unbelievably ridiculous. While a system like this could, over time, rectify that in the majority of cases.

RMEA was something I never asked for straight away, was merely a potential to move to in time.

Would I like RMEA added, yes, eventually, I would, but first and foremost it was a suggestion on other "lost" items and should be taken as that, SE has shown before they have seen a good idea and adjusted it around their "balance" and this, hopefully, could be another.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 04-26-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast