Hello FFXI fans,

Around three weeks ago I returned to FFXI as a new job, starting out totally new. I'd played back in 2003 - 2005 and a few times over the last few years and I have to say I'm impressed! The game is still great, nice changes, and the content is good!

Here's a quick list of the new additions and changes I like:

The new mounts! Its great being able to summon a mount while outside in the world and even better that mounts can be obtained using login points.

The Home Point teleport system is another nice idea. Once a player has discovered a Home Point, they can then move between any other points that have also been found. This only costs a small amount of gil.

The quest system that allows a player to earn a currency called 'Sparks' which can be spent on new armour, weapons, skill up items etc.

The biggest addition I like is the 'Trust' system. This system allows the player to form a group of NPC's that will join the player as a party and join them in their adventures. Its a very good idea for those players looking for more of a solo experience. The maximum of Trust NPC's a player can have with them I think is five, once a certain amount of content/quests have been completed.

These are just a few things that have been added/changed in the game. I think Square Enix have done a fine job with Final Fantasy XI and the community is still very much alive. My main character is on the Asura server, which is still populated with players. The other servers are too.

If anyone out there is thinking about returning to or trying out Final Fantasy XI then give it a try!

Thank you Square Enix and I myself hope that you plan to keep the game very much alive on the PC as there are many players/Final Fantasy fans that will continue to support and enjoy the game.

Many thanks