Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Bahamut is the ultimate be all end all of summons normally. Using that much power should come with negative side effects. It would be like a lone summoner going into the thick of battle to sacrifice themselves to vanquish the foe(s) while the rest of the party retreats to safety.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If bahamut was summonable, it would most likely have to be a 2-hour summon, and I don't really want that.
    (1)

Now now. Remember that the perpetuation is the negative effect. Just have it drain EVERYONES MP with 18 MP per tick. That will be hilarious to see all RDMs, WHMs, BLMs, SCHs etc complain about their MP disappearing for no reason at all.
    (0)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Meh, just make it so it requires multiple summoners in the party. That way >_> we can get Meteor, with multiple black mages in a party. It'd make many people happy but it would irritate them that to do requires co-operation, oh no!
    (0)

Truth be told, in my opinion an avatar that relies on your MP pool would be much more interesting.

If you look at it from a realistic perspective, our last "real" update to our job (other than the gear/etc) was when they made Diabolos/Fenrir summonable. Other than that, we got beneficial stuff for our job (like gear to potentially nullify avatar perp cost, which I'm sure will be nerfed to hell when the 95->99 cap hits, if the 95 update doesn't nerf it already.)

I love summoner, I've raised BLM to 18, WHM to 37 (now 66!) JUST so I could be this job. And I have not been any other job for the last 2 years (I did occasionally raise a job for the hell of it,) and I'm a tad saddened that the 2 avatars we were teased so long with pretty much became 2h abilities. We don't use our 2h often, other than now in Abyssea with Dom. Ops at certain parties, but other than that I never use my 2h because I never have to.
    I mean after spending years with the same avatars, I'm pretty sure even 1 new avatar would make things a bit more fresh. It's kind of like what Dragoon was in it's early days I guess. You finally get your Dragoon job, your Wyvern which (admit it!) you so badly wanted to become Dragoon for. Then you learn that the "Call Wyvern" job ability is a TWO HOUR ability (now a 20 mins ability) while your Wyvern can also easily be killed, especially in earlier levels. That's basically a Summoner and their 2 "new" avatars.)

I think it'd make my life as a Summoner much more interesting to see hybrid avatars of different elements, perhaps new avatars. Maybe one with more enfeebs/heal types? Hell I wouldn't even mind a healing/"light" type avatar that's not your very first, and also your weakest avatar. They don't have to rehash avatars from older series, they sometimes come up with new avatars in other FF games, why not make a few original ones for FFXI that can be rehashed into later FF's?) (Note: Not bashing rehashing here, just throwing around ideas.)

I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather have a real usable avatar rather than a 2h ability which Bahamut would basically be should the dev team somewhere change their minds.

[Don't mind it/ignore if the above sounds like complete jibberish >.> It's 9:28am and I haven't gotten to sleeping yet!]

Anyway, I just thought I'd lay my thoughts here about my (still, one and only) main job.
    (1)
    Last edited by Aerius; 04-14-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: herping and derping/typos

I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread. Because maybe with some miracle a staff member could respond.

Also, about the scaling. Diabolos is pretty big and he looks fine.
    (3)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juri_Licious View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread. Because maybe with some miracle a staff member could respond.

Also, about the scaling. Diabolos is pretty big and he looks fine.
    Yeah but Bahamut is like, really REALLY pretty big.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Forget Bahamut. You guys have no ambition! The avatar I want is ... ALTANA!
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Forget Bahamut. You guys have no ambition! The avatar I want is ... ALTANA!
    Bahamut is mondo tubular though.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    He is and I would gladly accept him no question, but eh after all we SMNs have endured we deserve to be able to summon down the teary-eyed fury of Altana as well!
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast