Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Thanks Songen, was gonna post that myself but you beat me to it. \o/
    It's good to know that the proposed solutions are not committed to and were tossed out there for discussion only. I'd better set a calendar reminder to watch the next Freshly Picked live broadcast in order to toss my 2c into the suggestion pool when they do the next poll. >.>;;

... This still does not actually address my concern about the lack of communication with the devs on this side of the forum though. I'd really REALLY appreciate and adore a translation sticky. :3
    this side of the forum is severely lacking in people in general, most use ffxi.com forumsince that site has alot less rules in comparison to here, and what people say over there wouldn't be judged by SE personal.

Since i am a on and off player depending on my work circumstances, i doubt i'd beable to contribute as much, however if even a few regulars stoped then this side of the forum slows down till more turn up. throw in the fact we lost a major link to SE (Camate), and we've got no idea where Zhexos (the courel) stands. so this side sadly will probably end up being a bug report section only while the japanese dictate (Not that i have a problem how they suggest things since i'v read some of their suggestions and find it to be interesting and worthwhile) how the game should progress. the fact that no actual request was posted to our side in the first place kinda shows that, albeit the SE request was about page 104 on a player based thread on their side (Imagine the wait on a responce for that lol) so i guess its not exactly a SE original request)

If you look at the japanese side they achieved atleast 10 pages worth of responce in the 5 days from the SE request in regards to this. we only achieved 3 pages, and a bit of it was fighting amongst ourselves (I am a guilty party there)

I'm not saying you posting here doesn't help, they'll probably read this side and consider it, however gotta remember that it's Salalaruru that seems to be processing this request atm, so we'll probably gonna get left out even if our sides com team wants to contribute (Sadly /cry)
    (0)

all honesty, if they can designate different area's outside legion, it'd open up ambucade without deminishing the rewards, solo people would be more enclided to do it if the battle content is easier and there wouldn't be a rush to get it done because of monthly limitations.

Maybe even make such a content with easy content with a new catergory of points that doesn't dominish,low points gained, but no loss for KI to get in, and the prizes being previous months armor which aren't removed monthly which can be achieved by even newer players using eminent gear, even place npc's in the beginning citys so beginners have faster access to a solo/low man runs(Perhaps max 3 people?)

Current ambuscade is pretty much the place for materials for upgrading gear(Metals) and capes(Thread/dust/sap/needles) and for all new gear/materials and for REM materials etc
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-19-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Player
    Sorry, let me re-emphasize: I'd really REALLY appreciate and adore an OFFICIAL translation sticky.

^^;; They would frequently post translated responses on this side, though usually required a related thread to be pre-existing over here. I'm asking for an official sticky/thread that lists every JPside devpost, with links to the original post/thread. I am quite capable of clicking the "Translate this" button in Chrome, but machine translation tends to lose a lot of meaning in the process. (This issue is compounded by the heavy use of katakana/English words in the Japanese client, which frequently come out rather funky. EX: They tend to refer to Trust Magic as "Faith" over there, which usually pops out of GT as "Face". lol)

I'm requesting and hoping for a way to get access to ALL dev-posts without running the risk of losing frequently important details.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Sorry, let me re-emphasize: I'd really REALLY appreciate and adore an OFFICIAL translation sticky.

^^;; They would frequently post translated responses on this side, though usually required a related thread to be pre-existing over here. I'm asking for an official sticky/thread that lists every JPside devpost, with links to the original post/thread. I am quite capable of clicking the "Translate this" button in Chrome, but machine translation tends to lose a lot of meaning in the process. (This issue is compounded by the heavy use of katakana/English words in the Japanese client, which frequently come out rather funky. EX: They tend to refer to Trust Magic as "Faith" over there, which usually pops out of GT as "Face". lol)

I'm requesting and hoping for a way to get access to ALL dev-posts without running the risk of losing frequently important details.
    indeed, atleast that way we're kept in the loop, honestly, even if a post comes to us, i'm sure if the japanese lack the information then they'd want to see it too. some kind of direct or indirect linkage
    (0)

Player
    I honestly do not think that it is in any way too much to ask for for the company to provide equal outbound communication for this side of the forum. It's not like there are 20+ devposts per day, so it shouldn't be exactly a massive timesink to translate and post a handful of posts per week in order to keep a large portion of their customer base informed.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Greetings,

First, I would like to apologize for not sharing this information sooner. When we first made the announcement on the Japanese forums, we saw a large amount of feedback regarding it. Therefore, before moving forward with posting the exact same information, we wanted extra time to confirm that the suggestions made to alleviate the queue times for Ambuscade were just suggestions and not finalized.

That being said, the development team is currently examining every possible measure to alleviate the congestion issue; however, we are not able to make any further adjustments to the system itself.

We presented two possible solutions which may make an impact; however, we felt that these options would be poorly received by players. The first option was to place a time based restriction on challenging Ambuscade, similar to what we currently have for Omen. The second option was to remove the equipment and their upgrade materials from the list of rewards altogether.

Why only these two options?
    There were many suggestions from our players, operations team, and the dev. team; however, when considering the options, we needed to make sure it is something that we can accomplish, and something that will make a clear impact to alleviate the situation. As a result of considering various options, the two suggestions we made above met these conditions.

We felt both of these options aren't viable for players, and as we can see here on this thread, there are far more comments against such changes. Therefore, we will not move forward with these measures. We will continue to look for other possible solutions; however, please note that the final decision we make may not be the outcome everyone can agree on.

Again, I apologize again for not bringing up this matter sooner, but we wanted to confirm these points before posting. We ask everyone to continue leaving feedback and possible suggestions, so we can relay them to the dev. team investigate.

Also, to give you all a better understanding to the situation, here are some common questions we've seen thus far.
    • If you were to place a time based restriction on entry, do you have plans to ease the materials used for other content obtained from Ambuscade?
      We have no plans to make adjustments to other corresponding battle content. For example, we have already made adjustments to the effect of cells for Voidwatch, adjusted the price of the Phase Displacer, removed the restriction on how many can be purchased, and adjusted how many can be purchased at one time. For this reason, we believe the difficulty has been eased. With this adjustment, the difficulty to create Empyrean weapons have also been lower than what we originally assumed. Therefore, we do not have any plans to consider any further adjustments to ease these, as they may lose their purpose entirely.
    • Would increasing the number of NPCs used to enter resolve this issue?
      This adjustment would be only be a visual one, and would not change the number of players that can enter the content on the system end. Instead, by having more NPCs available, we worry that more players will talk to these other NPCs at the same time, causing the queue times to be longer than it is now. At the very least, this would not change the current situation.

In addition to this, we are not able to increase the amount of players that can enter at once on the system end. This goes without saying that we do require additional resources and staff to do this, but furthermore, the major factor for this content relies on the base foundation of the system. Please note that any type of system-side adjustments to reduce queue times is near impossible.
    • Isn't it possible to lower the amount points needed to obtain items?
      The attributes set on these items were set based on the difficulty and effort required to obtain them. For this reason, we have no plans to adjust this; however, we are able to take another approach, such as adding other ways to obtain items like Abdhaljs Seals. While it does not directly affect the point requirement, it does have the same effect as lowering the points. It is a very subtle change, but we believe we can expand a bit more into making these type of changes.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

First, I would like to apologize for not sharing this information sooner. When we first made the announcement on the Japanese forums, we saw a large amount of feedback regarding it. Therefore, before moving forward with posting the exact same information, we wanted extra time to confirm that the suggestions made to alleviate the queue times for Ambuscade were just suggestions and not finalized.

That being said, the development team is currently examining every possible measure to alleviate the congestion issue; however, we are not able to make any further adjustments to the system itself.

We presented two possible solutions which may make an impact; however, we felt that these options would be poorly received by players. The first option was to place a time based restriction on challenging Ambuscade, similar to what we currently have for Omen. The second option was to remove the equipment and their upgrade materials from the list of rewards altogether.

There were many suggestions from our players, operations team, and the dev. team; however, when considering the options, we needed to make sure it is something that we can accomplish, and something that will make a clear impact to alleviate the situation. As a result of considering various options, the two suggestions we made above met these conditions.

We felt both of these options aren't viable for players, and as we can see here on this thread, there are far more comments against such changes. Therefore, we will not move forward with these measures. We will continue to look for other possible solutions; however, please note that the final decision we make may not be the outcome everyone can agree on.

Again, I apologize again for not bringing up this matter sooner, but we wanted to confirm these points before posting. We ask everyone to continue leaving feedback and possible suggestions, so we can relay them to the dev. team investigate.

Also, to give you all a better understanding to the situation, here are some common questions we've seen thus far.
    • If you were to place a time based restriction on entry, do you have plans to ease the materials used for other content obtained from Ambuscade?
      We have no plans to make adjustments to other corresponding battle content. For example, we have already made adjustments to the effect of cells for Voidwatch, adjusted the price of the Phase Displacer, removed the restriction on how many can be purchased, and adjusted how many can be purchased at one time. For this reason, we believe the difficulty has been eased. With this adjustment, the difficulty to create Empyrean weapons have also been lower than what we originally assumed. Therefore, we do not have any plans to consider any further adjustments to ease these, as they may lose their purpose entirely.
      This adjustment would be only be a visual one, and would not change the number of players that can enter the content on the system end. Instead, by having more NPCs available, we worry that more players will talk to these other NPCs at the same time, causing the queue times to be longer than it is now. At the very least, this would not change the current situation.

In addition to this, we are not able to increase the amount of players that can enter at once on the system end. This goes without saying that we do require additional resources and staff to do this, but furthermore, the major factor for this content relies on the base foundation of the system. Please note that any type of system-side adjustments to reduce queue times is near impossible.
      The attributes set on these items were set based on the difficulty and effort required to obtain them. For this reason, we have no plans to adjust this; however, we are able to take another approach, such as adding other ways to obtain items like Abdhaljs Seals. While it does not directly affect the point requirement, it does have the same effect as lowering the points. It is a very subtle change, but we believe we can expand a bit more into making these type of changes.
    I appreciate the responce Zhexos,
    The information is a more clearer with a official translation.
    I suppose the dev team is asking that since nothing can be increased in terms of party amounts or reduction of wait times,~quote~Please note that any type of system-side adjustments to reduce queue times is near impossible.~end quote~
    what are we willing to sacrifice instead in order to make it work?
    People do ambuscade for many reasons, hard part is every server probably does it for different reasons, same goes for individual players too.
    (1)

Character
    Susake
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Why not just implement a hard cap on points that can be accumulated per month like 50k? More than enough to purchase all the mats for capes and armors that are specific to ambuscade but yet forcing players to choose what they want to spend their remaining points on.

Example: player a is working on a mythic weapon so he would spend his excess on alexandrite and beitetsu, while player b is working on an empyrean so buys riftcinders and heavy metal plates.

Leaving it open-ended is what causes players with the means to farm it endlessly, whilst never easing congestion for the players with less resources to complete it in a reasonable amount of time each month.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    personally i feel the mistake was made by letting people solo it. and before u start crying and saying OMG WTF u loser don't tell me how to plays... realize this game is a mmorpg it should have a 3 person minimum entrance cue. that said as i personally came to asura from a dead server let me say. i don't mind the wait time as i enjoy having people to do things with as well as having a lot of shouts.if your on asura and u want faster move to ragnarok i promise u u wont have any wait time.
    (3)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

is this last part a joke i mean really difficulty wtf man there is a reason me and my friends call ambascade gear welfare gear cause there is no difficulty u basically are handing it out for doing something over and over Repetitiveness does not = difficulty. i can spam V2 VE and get everything if i do it enouph so don't say atttributes are set on difficulty
    (0)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast