Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    is this last part a joke i mean really difficulty wtf man there is a reason me and my friends call ambascade gear welfare gear cause there is no difficulty u basically are handing it out for doing something over and over Repetitiveness does not = difficulty. i can spam V2 VE and get everything if i do it enouph so don't say atttributes are set on difficulty
    While I despise your use of the term 'welfare gear' I agree that SE's definition of 'difficulty' seems to be repeating something umpteen times means it's 'difficult'.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    personally i feel the mistake was made by letting people solo it. and before u start crying and saying OMG WTF u loser don't tell me how to plays... realize this game is a mmorpg it should have a 3 person minimum entrance cue. that said as i personally came to asura from a dead server let me say. i don't mind the wait time as i enjoy having people to do things with as well as having a lot of shouts.if your on asura and u want faster move to ragnarok i promise u u wont have any wait time.
    With a massively declining player base, and all focus moved AWAY from MMO. The game is NOT the same game it started out as.

Funny thing, the people soloing are doing so usually solely for the gear, reduce the amount of time it takes them to get it and you'll alleviate some of the congestion.
    (2)

is this last part a joke i mean really difficulty wtf man there is a reason me and my friends call ambascade gear welfare gear
    Similar to how people called assault gear welfare gear...
    Then called Allied Note gear welfare gear....
    Then called VW gear welfare gear unless you got the rarest of drops...
    Then called Bayld gear welfare gear....
    Then called sparks gear welfare gear...

Etc...Etc....Basically anything that is easily obtainable by the masses is considered "welfare gear" no matter the era of XI you played. It has nothing to do with "difficulty" in that regard, it's gear to get you started since not everyone wanted to deal with ground kings or could actually do higher tier content until they had "welfare gear."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    While I despise your use of the term 'welfare gear' I agree that SE's definition of 'difficulty' seems to be repeating something umpteen times means it's 'difficult'.
    With XIV's success in making it so anyone who can roll their face on their keyboard can obtain the highest rewards, what do you expect? XI was known for having difficult content that wasn't just about repetition, but now that MMOs are more about handing everything out or "players will quit!" it has to be something akin to this.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Fallenevan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    With XIV's success in making it so anyone who can roll their face on their keyboard can obtain the highest rewards, what do you expect? XI was known for having difficult content that wasn't just about repetition, but now that MMOs are more about handing everything out or "players will quit!" it has to be something akin to this.
    In the old days when there were not many MMOs, regret is the only driving force that makes players spend their lives and real world money to get the equipment in FFXI. As Elexia noted, things have been changed from 15 years ago and SE IS STILL LIVING IN 2002.

SE only blame the mechanical limitation of the game architecture and never bother fixing the Ambuscade wait which is the only go-to active event of the game currently. Main reason as I see, is that SE still employs that regret strategy to make players run on the mouse wheel, which requires wait after wait after more wait.

This must be changed.

Edited:

SE had been blaming game limitation for storage, then eventually introduced paid storage, which is big slap to their own face. Now they use the same limitation excuse for Ambuscade instances, which most of us knows it's a lie and SE just want people to have the wait in the equation as part of the FFXI culture.
    (1)
    Last edited by FallenE; 04-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Khelek
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why not just split the event up into two (or more) different zones? We don't need V1 and V2 to both be in Legion. You have places like Everbloom Hollow, Ghoyu's Reverie or even the Assault areas that are barely ever used these days. You could even make it so you go to one area on VE-N and another for D-VD for each of V1 and V2, splitting it into 4 different instances. There's really no good reason to jam it all into one single zone. Last I checked, the different instanced areas work off of separate max # group limitations, so why not make use of the ones that are just empty most of the time?
    (2)
    Last edited by Khelek; 04-21-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It would be helpful to have some details on what system limitations are being problematic in this scenario, most of the suggestions you've turned down sound like they've had almost no thought.
    There are tons of solutions, but it seems SE is determined to stay true to the mistake that is Ambuscade.

To begin with, congestion is only a problem on some servers. The server I'm playing on, as of this, post, has no idea what Ambuscade congestion is. How is a population difference like this even still possible? Dying servers never get merged, flourishing servers are always accepting new players to further congest them. What gives? Does SE not watch their servers at all anymore?

What exactly is the limitation problem here? Instancing? Is it not possible to just get more ambuscade instances at the cost of less used instances? We have no real details about this. You've said making a 2nd entrance would not work, but that sounds like you misunderstood the intention. Why not make other Ambuscade locations that aren't in Legion? Why does it have to be in Legion in the first place? It just allows people to congest it by doing Legion, and limits us. Ambuscade is literally just a room with monsters. Pick any room, instance it, put monsters in it, sounds like it should not be as hard as the Devs are making it out to be? Worst case scenario, revamp Ambuscade to not be an instanced battlefield, as clearly it can't be handled properly.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    personally i feel the mistake was made by letting people solo it. and before u start crying and saying OMG WTF u loser don't tell me how to plays... realize this game is a mmorpg it should have a 3 person minimum entrance cue. that said as i personally came to asura from a dead server let me say. i don't mind the wait time as i enjoy having people to do things with as well as having a lot of shouts.if your on asura and u want faster move to ragnarok i promise u u wont have any wait time.
    When the demand is specific job set ups, allowing people to solo allows everyone to participate desipte their job
    (1)

I agree with you, they should change Ambuscade, but they should go all the way with it and make it an 18 people only event. Congestion happens because people low man it, and thus making it a full alliance event would be the most efficient solution by far.

And before you start crying and saying "omg wtf you loser don't tell me how to play" realize this game is a MMORPG so it should be an 18 person minimum entrance queue and 32 people for Intense.

That said though I'm not in Asura and don't even participate in Ambuscade, so I don't really care either way.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    When the demand is specific job set ups, allowing people to solo allows everyone to participate desipte their job
    They don't really care about other players, only thinking about themselves.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    I don't get what's wrong with specific job setups. Last month's Intense really benefited from having a BRD. Other times SMN or something can be really useful. In a 15-year old game where you can level and gear 22 different jobs, are people unable to intelligently maintain multiple jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    They don't really care about other players, only thinking about themselves.
    Interestingly, I think soloers are the ones being selfish. It's all a matter of perspective. To me, a soloer is the selfish one, occupying the zone for 15 minutes (or however long it takes) while competing for the same 10 kills for KI as a 6-man group. Compare this to a 6-man group who can be in and out in 5 minutes.

Given the apparently limited rate of entry and instances, it's important to cram more people in per instance. Gallantry was a good start, encouraging people to team up by providing greater rewards the bigger your group is. Additional seal rewards have been discussed; maybe a few should be buyable with Gallantry. I don't get how people can't at least duo instead of soloing.

The other thing that needs to be considered is lowering the number of kills required for a new KI. 10 mobs is a lot especially for specific beastmen. 5 or fewer would not only get people in and out of a camp faster, it would make additional camps viable. As an example, there's a group of 5-6 gigas in Vunkerl could become an option if the kill requirement were reduced.
    (0)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast