Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

RE: Salalaruru's comment about Ambuscade Congestion

This recent devpost by Salalaruru has me very concerned.

It basically says the Devs are out of ideas on how to reduce Ambuscade congestion except: 1) Add a time limitation like Omen. 2) Remove the equipment and related upgrade items from possible rewards.

... This is a huge proposed change with negative impact regardless of which choice is selected, so why has the English Forum not received any notification or solicitation for input?

I can understand if the lack of communication recently is due to the position vacated by Camate being empty still, but at the barebones minimum, I believe that it is not too much to ask for, or expect to have, translated devposts posted on this side of the forum in a timely manner, regardless of whether there is a pre-existing active thread discussing a related issue.

Maybe a locked notification thread consolidating them could be started by the devs? A simple collection/sticky of translated devposts (preferably with added links to the original Japanese posts,) that players can't reply directly to would suffice.
    We can always start a new thread to discuss things afterall.
    (8)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-15-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Regarding the actual proposed solutions to Ambuscade congestion, how about either raising the amount of points rewarded or decreasing the cost of equipment and related upgrade items? The hallmarks rewarded for Intense have already been increased from launch, so we know hallmark adjustment IS possible at least. I get that increasing hallmarks/gallantry rewarded would also affect everything else available for purchase though, so I'm leaning toward cost reduction for the armor sets and metal.

A large number of players are only trying to grind out the armor (and now metal) but the "total hallmark" goal is 20,000 and the required gallantry spent is 10,000 currently.. That means that regardless of which volume or difficulty we are doing, we are going to be stuck grinding for a rather long time. If all of the armor/upgrade related costs were cut by half, that cuts the required time by half for a large portion of the userbase, which should cut overall congestion by at least a third. I believe that this option would be the least intrusive/controversial choice that the devs can make here.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Regarding the actual proposed solutions to Ambuscade congestion, how about either raising the amount of points rewarded or decreasing the cost of equipment and related upgrade items? The hallmarks rewarded for Intense have already been increased from launch, so we know hallmark adjustment IS possible at least. I get that increasing hallmarks/gallantry rewarded would also affect everything else available for purchase though, so I'm leaning toward cost reduction for the armor sets and metal.

A large number of players are only trying to grind out the armor (and now metal) but the "total hallmark" goal is 20,000 and the required gallantry spent is 10,000 currently.. That means that regardless of which volume or difficulty we are doing, we are going to be stuck grinding for a rather long time. If all of the armor/upgrade related costs were cut by half, that cuts the required time by half for a large portion of the userbase, which should cut overall congestion by at least a third. I believe that this option would be the least intrusive/controversial choice that the devs can make here.
    This is why I would have preferred splitting Ambuscades into the 2 types I mentioned before. Because there are easy ways to adjust the event so congestion is lessened while fulfilling the objective of keeping players (groups and solo) engaging in daily content. But since devs pay absolutely no attention to the NA forums there's really no point in posting suggestions anymore. It's a waste of time unless they specifically ask for our opinion since they just ignore everything we say otherwise.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    You aren't suspended for making suggestions, you're suspended for your attitude while doing so. You aren't a martyr, you're an asshole.
    Words could not have be spoken better!!
    (2)

Player
    Folken: I'm not sure I've ever seen a post get 5 thumbs up that fast before. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    This is why I would have preferred splitting Ambuscades into the 2 types I mentioned before. Because there are easy ways to adjust the event so congestion is lessened while fulfilling the objective of keeping players (groups and solo) engaging in daily content.
    Restructuring the entire event/system does not sound nearly as easy to implement as changing price values.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus
    But since devs pay absolutely no attention to the NA forums there's really no point in posting suggestions anymore. It's a waste of time unless they specifically ask for our opinion since they just ignore everything we say otherwise.
    I'm not sure we actually have any dedicated ComReps right now. :/ Sicycre tends to only post translated JPside posts, usually in a related thread on this side. If there is no pre-existing thread, we tend to just be not-told. The new guy (feel bad because I forgot the name, but uses a Coeurl avatar,) has made a small handful of posts here so far, but I think he's primarily working on XIV and is only lending a hand to FFXI while Camate's old position gets filled. It may not be an issue of being ignored intentionally.. They just may not have anyone on staff at the moment who can handle us.

For now, all that I'm asking for is a simple sticky/thread which consolidates translations for all JPside devposts. Even if they don't have someone who can handle translating and passing on our feedback to the dev team, that's no excuse to leave a large portion of their customer base totally in the dark about upcoming changes. It would also be a wonderful resource to have to point to when we want to reference something. ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-15-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Folken: I'm not sure I've ever seen a post get 5 thumbs up that fast before. XD

Restructuring the entire event/system does not sound nearly as easy to implement as changing price values.

I'm not sure we actually have any dedicated ComReps right now. :/ Sicycre tends to only post translated JPside posts, usually in a related thread on this side. If there is no pre-existing thread, we tend to just be not-told. The new guy (feel bad because I forgot the name, but uses a Coeurl avatar,) has made a small handful of posts here so far, but I think he's primarily working on XIV and is only lending a hand to FFXI while Camate's old position gets filled. It may not be an issue of being ignored intentionally.. They just may not have anyone on staff at the moment who can handle us.

For now, all that I'm asking for is a simple sticky/thread which consolidates translations for all JPside devposts. Even if they don't have someone who can handle translating and passing on our feedback to the dev team, that's no excuse to leave a large portion of their customer base totally in the dark about upcoming changes. It would also be a wonderful resource to have to point to when we want to reference something. ^^
    We miss you Camate!!!!!

well.......Khiril doesn't tho,
    /thinks.........
    noone knows what Khiril thinks
    ........../coughs.........
    /exits the room
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And stuff such as moving some instances into other zones not used, like Aht Urhgan isn't possible because? Making content locked to one zone and in turn those limited number of instances is not the most efficient way of doing it.

I mean, not being able to see their code I can only speak from a game programmer's view, but there is a myriad of solutions other than them two.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    They should do this to Fix the congestion.

1.- The ambuscade book will send you "RANDOM" to Qu'Bia Arena, Chamber of Oracles, Waughroon Shrine, Horlais Peak, Balga's Dais, Legion

2.- if they will re-use the mobs of older ambuscades. We should get a "random" ambuscade of the past, at least on "REGULAR"

This will add variety to the scenario we are playing
    This will add variety to the battles we are playing

Also i would LOVE they add another upgrade to the AG ultimate weapons via ambuscade.

Abdhaljs Thread x40 = 20 stats
    Abdhaljs Dust x40 = 20 stats
    Abdhaljs Sap x40 = 10 Stats
    Abdhaljs Dye x20 = 10 Stats
    Abdhaljs Metal x20 = Base DMG +20

The same stats as the capes.

3.- The daily quest should give you x2 rewards in a single ambuscade. This will help a lot to people like me play 1 - 2 runs per day.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 04-16-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    They should do this to Fix the congestion.

1.- The ambuscade book will send you "RANDOM" to Qu'Bia Arena, Chamber of Oracles, Waughroon Shrine, Horlais Peak, Balga's Dais, Legion

2.- if they will re-use the mobs of older ambuscades. We should get a "random" ambuscade of the past, at least on "REGULAR"

This will add variety to the scenario we are playing
    This will add variety to the battles we are playing

Also i would LOVE they add another upgrade to the AG ultimate weapons via ambuscade.

Abdhaljs Thread x40 = 20 stats
    Abdhaljs Dust x40 = 20 stats
    Abdhaljs Sap x40 = 10 Stats
    Abdhaljs Dye x20 = 10 Stats
    Abdhaljs Metal x20 = Base DMG +20

The same stats as the capes.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    3.- The daily quest should give you x2 rewards in a single ambuscade. This will help a lot to people like me play 1 - 2 runs per day.
    Improved rewards for daily single entrance, like a free used seal, would go a VERY long way in alleviating congestion. (double marks if you only go one time a day? triple? sounds fantastic.)
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    No.

Improved rewards for daily single entrance, like a free used seal, would go a VERY long way in alleviating congestion. (double marks if you only go one time a day? triple? sounds fantastic.)
    Spliting people in 7 areas instead of 1 will reduce the waiting 7 times, instead of wait 20 mins players will wait 2.8 mins. If this is not reducing the congestion then lets eat our 20 mins in dam peace

For casual players like me a single run with double rewards will be more than enough for stop the "spam".

A single regular ambuscade D run with double rewards = 400 daily marks in 28 days = 11 200 marks, this is almost enough for get x2 capes, x9 Abdhaljs Metal.

If spliting people 7 different areas, giving you 11 200 marks just doing your daily dont reduce the congestion i dont know "WHAT SE CAN DO".

Also most of the ultimate weapons are becoming irrelevant with the ENEMIES STATS NERF.... If we will be grinding the next 2 years ambuscade, square should allow us enpower our ultimate weapons a bit more.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 04-16-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast