Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    personally i feel the mistake was made by letting people solo it. and before u start crying and saying OMG WTF u loser don't tell me how to plays... realize this game is a mmorpg it should have a 3 person minimum entrance cue. that said as i personally came to asura from a dead server let me say. i don't mind the wait time as i enjoy having people to do things with as well as having a lot of shouts.if your on asura and u want faster move to ragnarok i promise u u wont have any wait time.
    The problem is FFXI is a dying game, this is not WoW with 10 millions of active players or FFXIV with 500k. FFXI hardly have 30k active players between all the servers.

Square enix create the trusts to allow us solo content cuz the game lack of players.

For play OMEN you need have a GEO, COR, BRD or WHM if you want to use a DD class you need an AG-WEAPON.

For play Escha again you need people you can't solo escha with Trusts unless you are godly geared and with all vorseals unlocked

Ambuscade is for excellence the CASUAL content for returning players. If the Dev team remove the rewards or do a stupidy they will lose more than WIN.

Also FFXI in my opinion is not anymore a MMRPG is more like PSO, PSU or PSO2 a "ONLINE-RPG" 95% of the content can cleared with 6 man.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The other thing that needs to be considered is lowering the number of kills required for a new KI. 10 mobs is a lot especially for specific beastmen. 5 or fewer would not only get people in and out of a camp faster, it would make additional camps viable. As an example, there's a group of 5-6 gigas in Vunkerl could become an option if the kill requirement were reduced.
    They've mentioned this recently and are currently looking at lowering the number of kills needed for V1 KIs.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    When the demand is specific job set ups, allowing people to solo allows everyone to participate desipte their job
    If this was 2002-2004 era FFXI I could understand, however, it takes very little work to do basic ambuscade on any job, let alone leveling said job when exp is rained onto you. You won't have mastery of every job besides the one or two or three you truly like, but being versatile has always, always been a plus in FFXI, which is why end-game and event shells chose versatile players over 1 hit wonder players unless that was a BRD/RDM/WHM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    The problem is FFXI is a dying game.
    According to NA gamers, FFXI was dying since 4 months after release and "died" after WoW launched 2 years later.

For play OMEN you need have a GEO, COR, BRD or WHM if you want to use a DD class you need an AG-WEAPON.
    Your join date is 2011 meaning you've played FFXI at least 6 years purely based on your forum information, meaning you should not be surprised if people expect you to have a powerful weapon, especially the accuracy requirement post Ilvl FFXI. If you played longer than that, you should remember RME requirement for things like certain VW fights overtime and eventually becoming the defacto requirement for everyone but healers (however the extra stats and such helped.)

For play Escha again you need people you can't solo escha with Trusts unless you are godly geared and with all vorseals unlocked
    Likewise during Abyssea, where you can become a literal god you needed to build up in order to do this content at its prime. Including some of the higher end NMs and eventually Shinryu prior to brews being handed out like candy.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Interestingly, I think soloers are the ones being selfish. It's all a matter of perspective. To me, a soloer is the selfish one, occupying the zone for 15 minutes (or however long it takes) while competing for the same 10 kills for KI as a 6-man group. Compare this to a 6-man group who can be in and out in 5 minutes.
    Compare that 6 man group to an 18 people alliance that could be out in 3 mins though. That is why I think the 18+ people requirement should be the norm from now on both for KIs and for the fights themselves.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    What you talking about plenty of other jobs are useful and there are other useful weapons. Heck I trio several routes of omen with 2 pups and a cor. No AGs heck most the gear is stuff from soa area with a smidgen of ambuscade, escha and some reforged af/relic/empy stuff
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    What you talking about plenty of other jobs are useful and there are other useful weapons. Heck I trio several routes of omen with 2 pups and a cor. No AGs heck most the gear is stuff from soa area with a smidgen of ambuscade, escha and some reforged af/relic/empy stuff
    People always over-exaggerate just because it's common for shout groups to want the best geared possible, and that's usually to overcompensate (as in have more than you truly need.) So you don't need an AG weapon is insanely useful, but ujust having something more than AH weapon that took some effort is doable lol. Since It's a natural progression like any of FFXI, Omen is the 'latest' content so obviously you don't (can't) want to jump straight into it if you're fresh off the boat.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Why not add a benefit to the Daily Kill 1 enemy. Example: For the first one you kill whether it be Vol 1 or Vol 2 it will grant a temporary effect similar to the Abdhaljs Seal with a 1~2 hour timer. That way you get a benefit for doing it daily. It may not help congestion massively, but it will help the people congested get triple points on a daily basis guaranteed and make it so it's less painful when you get congested.
    (0)

Character
    Pugofmidgard
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Legion/Ambuscade does not have to be the sole location to acquire Hallmarks and Gallantry.

It is clear Ambuscade content is to supliment content that no longer has a current purpose, and the re-use of assets (monster models and ability mechances) with a new twist helps you provide a new experience without new development.

Why limit yourselves to 'new' content subtitutes to suppliment old content that no longer has player driven purpose?

RoE quests could resolve most of these issues quickly and without true development changes.

VWNM - Content is old, Proc system is built for a large array of jobs which is hard to gather up when people just ride the Spambuscade train for easy currency rewards.

If standard SE probabilities leave me to getting 1 HMP or 1 Pouch out of every 10-15 clears of a VWNM, give me an RoE that allows me to earn that Plate or Pouch at a steady rate.

Example: RoE that gives sparks/accolades/pouch reward for 25 clears of a VWNM that would typically provide only a chance to drop a single Heavy Metal Plate.

Steady Progression remains possible, as if you can't wait for a Lights event, or can't get the number of people required to push the existing reward system to the point you can feasibly receive one through a monster reward.

Example: RoE that gives a Single Heavy Heavy Metal Plate every 10 clears of a VWNM that would typically provide only a chance to drop a Heavy Metal pouch.

Again, Steady Progression.

A over-arching RoE that has kill 100 VWNMs that rewards a Riftcinder or Dross, so that the same activity works mutiple reward earning avenues at once.

SE might find better ways to expand the 'Time' required, but I think a game with 15 years behind it might be ready to start easing off the Time = Subscription Renweal = Money formula so that the Time currency we all face as the rate of progression limiter isn't in the way of enjoying the game and participating in current content.

This same premise of rebirthing original content with supporting RoEs can be used in Dynamis (plenty of content RoEs to kill Dynamis NMs, which could be another means to earn Relic currency)

RoEs for Alexandrite based in the Aht Urghan content, ZNMs, Beseiged, all could lead to progress toward those major milestone goals for any player.

We're still repeating content, but it allows a steady rate of improvement of your character's situation, be it items for your goals, or items to sell for Gil toward your goals.

Many folks have already suggested using the Kill 1 Vol1 and Vol2 Daily RoEs for Ambuscade can rewards a Seal, to enhance your daily rate of gain without increasing your daily sit around and wait for the queue.
    (0)

Player
    There are about 20 "good" ways to fix this problem.

But square only has one tool in their toolbelt. A Hammer.

Be amazed that anything gets done at all, even the worst possible fix.
    (0)

Greetings, everyone.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback concerning Ambuscade. I'd like to share some information based on the responses we've had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    ... Worst case scenario, revamp Ambuscade to not be an instanced battlefield...
    This would mean removing Ambuscade and creating a new form of battle content from the ground up. Next, it would be difficult to assess if that new content would be able to hold the same numbers of players that Ambuscade can. Additionally, some content, like Limbus, does not use a layered area system like Ambuscade. One area alone is being reserved for the group participating so if we were to use this type of arena, congestion would become much greater than it is now.

There have been other suggestions on the Japanese forum as well, so let me share some of the questions and answers which were posted there.

Q: Currently the Abdhaljs Seal increases the amount of Hallmarks players can obtain from an Ambuscade victory.

Would it be possible to just give a set amount of Hallmarks?
    Currently, players can earn up to 3,600 Hallmarks using the Abdhaljs Seal. If we were to set it so the item offers 1,000 Hallmarks, those who enter the Intense Ambuscade with the "Very Difficult" settings would earn significantly fewer Hallmarks. If we set it to offer 3,600 Hallmarks, those entering the normal Ambuscade with the "Very Easy" settings would earn too much.

The main concern here is the difficulty in balancing the amount of rewarded Hallmarks.

Q: Since the Ambuscade content changes monthly, would it be possible to try out the different suggestions made by the dev. team to see how it may affect the congestion?
    We discussed this internally to see if it would be a good idea to hold a trial period as well.
    However, even if we did this for a month, it may inconvenience players, so we're still debating if this would be the right approach.

We can consider the trial periods if the majority of players are willing to try out this approach, so please continue to give us your feedback concerning Ambuscade trial periods in order to help us alleviate the congestion problem.

We encourage the discussion to continue and thank you for your continued feedback.
    (5)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast