Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Player
    Songen: I am fully aware of how to access the JPside devtracker. ^^;; I've been posting rough translations on bgwiki for a while now, but as I've mentioned before, my grasp of kanji is barely existent, so I'm sure that some details slip past me. The entire point of this is that there should be no reason for any of us to have to jump thru any translation hoops in order to get equal access to publically accessible information from the dev team. There's an average of ~2 devposts daily on JPside (excluding weekends,) which are typically rather short. We're talking maybe 5-10min worth of work daily for the translator, and most likely less.. Far from a level of workload which can serve as a justification for rejection.

I believe that it would be a far better situation for our side of the forums to filled with discussion over dev statements than complaints about the lack of info from them. A good part of the greater activity on the JPside is likely caused by the increased amount of communication with the dev team. There's also nothing on their side that is "for JP only" other than perhaps typos or the like which is directly linked to the client language. Any/all statements about planned updates, game mechanics, etc. can and should be shared equally with both sides of the forums here.

Thanks for the reminder about Zhexos' name... One of these days my braincells will finally retain that info instead of "that comrep w/ the coeurl avatar". :x

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Not talking about me at all.

Talking about people worth listening to. Every single worthwhile voice in the community is banned from the OF. Read the threads on bg or ah.com

The only people left here are people like me and you. People not worth listening to.
    I think I shall heed your advice and not listen to you in that case.
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Well, to be quite frank, that's great.

For one it means I don't have to bother replying to you, wasting my time since you're always wrong.

For two, it really doesn't matter anyway, everything said over here falls upon deaf ears (blind eyes?) So regardless of how right I always am and how true it is, it's irrelevant to all parties.

Still like to say it though, maybe a jp player picks it up and runs with it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Well, to be quite frank, that's great.

For one it means I don't have to bother replying to you, wasting my time since you're always wrong.

For two, it really doesn't matter anyway, everything said over here falls upon deaf ears (blind eyes?) So regardless of how right I always am and how true it is, it's irrelevant to all parties.

Still like to say it though, maybe a jp player picks it up and runs with it.
    You don't have much of a sense of humor do you? XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    You don't have much of a sense of humor do you? XD
    You learn pretty quick the accusers are usually the ones that are guilty of doing what they're accusing others of doing. In context, you can tell just from their replies they were just trying to stir drama. You normally only see this behavior with FFXIV players because they tend to want people gone if you dare say something is wrong with the game.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    This would mean removing Ambuscade and creating a new form of battle content from the ground up. Next, it would be difficult to assess if that new content would be able to hold the same numbers of players that Ambuscade can. Additionally, some content, like Limbus, does not use a layered area system like Ambuscade. One area alone is being reserved for the group participating so if we were to use this type of arena, congestion would become much greater than it is now.
    Take a look at Abyssea, Unity Wanted Battles, or Voidwatch. These are all content systems that are relatively open-world, and I've never experienced long congestion this way.
    Another alternative is making the RoE that rewards Abdhaljs Seal a once-a-day deal, or repeatable with different requirements.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Take a look at Abyssea, Unity Wanted Battles, or Voidwatch. These are all content systems that are relatively open-world, and I've never experienced long congestion this way.
    Another alternative is making the RoE that rewards Abdhaljs Seal a once-a-day deal, or repeatable with different requirements.
    The devs have already said that they are adding a way to increase the number of seals we can get and I wouldn't be surprised if it's through a daily ROE. We'll find out soon on patch day. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The seal would have to be new type that is R/E , or make tthe reward just a bonus hallmark/gallantry once ROE is completed.

The issue with seals is people will still save them and then spam. The whole point of a daily reward type system like the daily roulette in FFXIV giving a big bonus to that game's currencies is to do it once a day. You can't carry over a week's worth of rewards.

The bonus should be separate from the abdshaljs seals, though if they add more abdhaljs seals, sure that's cool too. But as it is, I know some people already save seals during slow months and use it on good months. So adding daily abdhaljs seal reward may add more congestion in some cases.

The daily bonus would have to be an RoE points reward that's distributed like sparks or a seal reward that drops with the daily flagging that is R/E so people can't save multiples of it for spamming.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 05-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Once you get used to the hallmarks/gallantry you get from seals, you're a lot less likely to settle for anything less. It may very well be that people save seals up as you say, but there's a decent chance that a lot of people will quit running for the evening once they are out of seals because a regular non-seal run isn't worth their time anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    There will be those who get caught up in the mess of everything for sure, the guy could be completely innocent. however you can't place the result of everything based on 1 thing, for all we know there could have been something else that lead to the ban decision, if they thought he was cheating from the start or abusing a bug, they would have banned him from playing completely ingame too.

A man can be a ass all his life and decides to do only 1 thing right then expects everything else to be obsolved is unreasonable.
    It's a lot of things that was just the obviously egregious well of actual users that I know. Like I said a lot of the contributors that actually bothered posting here have gotten bans or suspensions.

And yeah he can be an ass but he kept it clean and civil here and they didn't get him for cheating they claimed he was backward engineering there stuff or something in order to figure out the bug...

I could reminisce of how when they got rid of th3 on bst pets they said they'd add pet th gear to compensate then when asked about it claimed they didn't then when someone linked it they deleted all the original posts they made about it and pretty sure they did something to that poster. Or getting suspended for quoting a guy who posted pics of him using 3rd tools telling him you shouldn't do that. Or banned ig for "rmting" on a account that only every talked to, partied with or did anything with another account owned by me because apparently you can sell gil to yourself <.<. Being banned on the OF is pretty much a badge of honor on other forums lol
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This probably has more to do with what server you are on. Because on my server - rarely do I ever have long waits for Ambuscade.

Everyone wanted to transfer to the more populated servers.

#Edit

Slight exaggeration. Not everyone - but lots.
    (0)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast