Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Take a look at Abyssea, Unity Wanted Battles, or Voidwatch. These are all content systems that are relatively open-world, and I've never experienced long congestion this way.
    Another alternative is making the RoE that rewards Abdhaljs Seal a once-a-day deal, or repeatable with different requirements.
    Those are also not nearly as popular, especially these days.

Back in the old days Abyssea - as an example - was extremely congested. It was almost impossible to get certain trials or notorious monsters done.

I like your suggestion about making different requirements - though I would take it a step further and say it might help to randomize the entire system of ambuscade. Have a roulette choose from random battle grounds a group must complete for hallmarks/gallantry. That would add more value and relevance to a lot of content - as well as alleviate the repetition of doing the same fights over and over and over and over... again.
    (0)

Even during their prime, you had fairly long wait periods for certain content, especially Abyssea. This is why they introduced multiple "???" spawn points for Abyssea for example. You can't "congest" open world content, you can however "lock out" people if it's a fairly popular pop, which is why VW too has multiple spots.

Ambuscade however is completely different designed and uses a layered system. Unless SE would pump money into XI development like they are with XIV, there won't be much that can be done.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Khelek
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Great news, everyone! They solved congestion by adding the Abdhaljs Tome, letting you get 3x hallmarks and gallantry once every 20hrs! This will make people more inclined to just do one run per day. Wonderful! All you need to do is win 1st prize in the Mog Bonanza to get the Tome. It's so easy, anyone could do it!
    They also added a weekly seal from ROEs, but that is not often enough to make a difference in any notable way, so good thing we got that Tome!
    (5)

Bwahahaha, at least Squeenix hasn't lost their trolling sense of humor. XDDD
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9