Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sicycre has the dev team considered borrowing a method used in FFXIV?

The daily roulette rewards players for touching on some of the content daily, but discourages spamming. Adding a 1st kill reward daily would allow some players to budget their ambushcade runs as they can predictably earn a good amount daily and reduce the congestion in the first and last week of the month

This can be achieved through adding a daily repeatable Records of Eminence quest.

I believe this suggestion is also among the few that doesn't a) require the team to punish solo players by imposing time & group size limits b) punish players by imposing a hallmarks cap
    (3)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 04-27-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Player
    Sicycre, would you be kind enough to pass on my request for a JP devpost sticky on the English Forums? This thread was started with the lack of dev communication on this side of the forums (especially when compared to the constant stream of devposts on the JP side,) as the primary point and it derailed into a discussion about Ambuscade balance. ^^;;

Continuing with the derailment, I'm sure there would be very little complaining about everyone getting a free month of service while various Ambuscade tweaks are experimented with.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Sicycre, would you be kind enough to pass on my request for a JP devpost sticky on the English Forums? This thread was started with the lack of dev communication on this side of the forums (especially when compared to the constant stream of devposts on the JP side,) as the primary point and it derailed into a discussion about Ambuscade balance. ^^;;

Continuing with the derailment, I'm sure there would be very little complaining about everyone getting a free month of service while various Ambuscade tweaks are experimented with.
    they won't put a jp development sticky on this forum because we're not japanese, they have to be manually translated for us (Other wise we're likely to misunderstand with our lack of understanding of japanese or google doing a shitty job translating)

If you wish to see japanese development notes, you gotta go look yourself manually on their side of the forum.

not only that, when the Dev reps reply in concerns on the japanese forum, they will be aiming to answering questions which might not be in the Dev post (What i mean is they have answered a question, however you'll on occassion have no idea what the answer is ment for because you didn't read the peoples questions to begin with).

You nyariko should know better than to ask beyond their capacity, Zhexos said himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

First, I would like to apologize for not sharing this information sooner. When we first made the announcement on the Japanese forums, we saw a large amount of feedback regarding it. Therefore, before moving forward with posting the exact same information, we wanted extra time to confirm that the suggestions made to alleviate the queue times for Ambuscade were just suggestions and not finalized.
    They can't dump off unbalanced replys, not only that it has to be translated to us with a meaning and in alot of cases, half the responds on the japanese forums don't involve us since they will be responding to service issues from their location too or random crap (In which case your gonna get angry why they didn't post the translated version on why poop is out of the question ingame or something)

Edit:and to all you guys that keep writing Sicycre Sicycre Sicycre, he's not the only rep on this site, and he might answer on occasion but there are others that are involved, at this point he probably answered to give some clarification but thats about it, he might not be involved in the general maintenace of this forum as much as you think.
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-27-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    they won't put a jp development sticky on this forum because we're not japanese, they have to be manually translated for us (Other wise we're likely to misunderstand with our lack of understanding of japanese or google doing a shitty job translating)

If you wish to see japanese development notes, you gotta go look yourself manually on their side of the forum.

not only that, when the Dev reps reply in concerns on the japanese forum, they will be aiming to answering questions which might not be in the Dev post (What i mean is they have answered a question, however you'll on occassion have no idea what the answer is ment for because you didn't read the peoples questions to begin with).

Edit:and to all you guys that keep writing Sicycre Sicycre Sicycre, he's not the only rep on this site, and he might answer on occasion but there are others that are involved, at this point he probably answered to give some clarification but thats about it, he might not be involved in the general maintenace of this forum as much as you think.
    I know that they have to manually translate devposts. In fact, what we just got was a partial translation from two combined answer posts on the JP Forums. This thread was started in order to ask for ALL JP devposts to be translated and posted in a sticky here instead of only the occasional one that happens to match up to a currently active thread on this side. They also always quote whoever they are answering, so we'd get the question along with the answer.

The point is that there is a ton of info being shared with the JPside that we currently do not have easy access to. The post about Ambuscade that I used in the OP serves as evidence that there are definitely some important things that the English community should, at the very least, have access to non-machine translated posts. There is no valid reasoning for why this portion of the paying customer base should be kept in the dark about important development decisions, even if the position vacated by Camate is still unfilled.

I actually do pay attention to the JPside personally, but my Japanese skills are primarily spoken and I have a hard time with kanji. Thankfully I'm pretty good at translating GoogleTrans>English. XD This would be how I knew about the post that I used as evidence. The problem is that we should not be expected to jump through those hoops in order to have access to simply learn what is going on.

Sicycre IS the only dedicated com rep we have right now. The only other rep (feel guilty that I still can't remember the coeurl's name, ><) seems to be pitching in recently but is mainly part of the XIV team. Plus, as Sicycre is the one responding to this thread, it makes sense to direct feedback directly. I think Sicycre is a "she" not a "he". "Aya "Sicycre" Montoya" does not sound particularly masculine to me. XD
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-28-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I know that they have to manually translate devposts. In fact, what we just got was a partial translation from two combined answer posts on the JP Forums. This thread was started in order to ask for ALL JP devposts to be translated and posted in a sticky here instead of only the occasional one that happens to match up to a currently active thread on this side. They also always quote whoever they are answering, so we'd get the question along with the answer.

The point is that there is a ton of info being shared with the JPside that we currently do not have easy access to. The post about Ambuscade that I used in the OP serves as evidence that there are definitely some important things that the English community should, at the very least, have access to non-machine translated posts. There is no valid reasoning for why this portion of the paying customer base should be kept in the dark about important development decisions, even if the position vacated by Camate is still unfilled.

I actually do pay attention to the JPside personally, but my Japanese skills are primarily spoken and I have a hard time with kanji. Thankfully I'm pretty good at translating GoogleTrans>English. XD This would be how I knew about the post that I used as evidence. The problem is that we should not be expected to jump through those hoops in order to have access to simply learn what is going on.

Sicycre IS the only dedicated com rep we have right now. The only other rep (feel guilty that I still can't remember the coeurl's name, ><) seems to be pitching in recently but is mainly part of the XIV team. Plus, as Sicycre is the one responding to this thread, it makes sense to direct feedback directly. I think Sicycre is a "she" not a "he". "Aya "Sicycre" Montoya" does not sound particularly masculine to me. XD
    this thread on the japanese side that you refered to on your first post was marked with a Dev number, however it was a japanese player who started the thread, not the dev team, it wasn't even a official thread and was simply replied to by the dev team.

now then, The japanese forum (Which is ment for the japanese since by the looks of it Salalaruru (the heartwing) is their dev team source) Salalaruru's replys are aimed for the japanese, not us. (Our forum isn't active in comparison to theirs anyways)

if you need getting information from the japanese side so badly, click on the "Forum top" button which leads to http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php
    Now then, you'll notice the japanese forum appears first on the list, on the blue bar with the name "Japanese forum" on the right side of the blue bar is 2 hyperlinks with stars in the middle. This particular hyperlink (Dev tracker and Support tracker) is aimed for the japanese and follows the reports of the japanese dev team or Salalaruru (the heartwing) (On the dev tracker button) since he handles the majority of their concerns.

Be aware this is the dev teams responding to players concerns as such its not always ment as a official annoucement for both sides. if all responces are officially translated (this makes it a stand alone thread on our side) this becomes a official annoucement on our side instead of a reply to a thread. main official annoucement are generally handled by Gildrein (The moogle) who handles both the japanese and english official annoucements and threads (Because he's so cool like that).

While our sides dev team is considered official, however there is a limit on what can be immediently translated, as replied by Zhexos (The coeurl) (I copy/pasted it before however i'm not gonna do it again) Summaries-> Until the information is finalised, they can't reply in concern to those matter's until the responce is finished since its directed to the japanese player base (And is over all handled by the japanese dev team)

As for the gender of the dev team, I don't really care and simply respond as him as a general responce, if you wish to use she, go right ahead. Myself as i presume for yourself as well means no disrespect to any of the dev team in that matter.

Edit: As a heads up, i like the idea of dev posts being translated on this side, i already wrote to the aggreement that its a nice thing earlier, my disaggreement is having a new thread that makes official something that might not be ment to be official on our side. once something is put here, if its misinterpreted by people like Khiril or Ladyofhonor or those who take a dump on something that simply isn't a official annoucement but is simply a request for further information.Since it'll be continuous, it can lead to this side of the thread being nothing more than a complete rant feast at the japanese

Also, Zhexos was the first to respond to this thread, not Sicycre
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-28-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Player
    now then, The japanese forum (Which is ment for the japanese since by the looks of it Salalaruru (the heartwing) is their dev team source) Salalaruru's replys are aimed for the japanese, not us. (Our forum isn't active in comparison to theirs anyways)
    Our side isn't as active because everyone with a brain knows the devs don't care about what happens on our side. so what's the point in posting. And everyone that posts real insight and fixes gets banned.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Our side isn't as active because everyone with a brain knows the devs don't care about what happens on our side. so what's the point in posting. And everyone that posts real insight and fixes gets banned.
    you mean your (khiril's) unrealistic and down right belittling and insulting posts get banned right?
    Your posts where you insult absolutly every single person out there because you have a self obsessed thing that your always right huh?
    Try contributing instead of insulting, we'll argue yes but if you'd actually look beyond yourself, you might actually be helpful. comments like get rid of everyones weapons to teach em a lesson on smn useage is down right unwanted.

I do post aggressive posts every so often too and down right static on some of my opinions, but even i know theres a limit, if someone has something that i disaggree with, i might argue, but i atleast try to keep most (not all) heavy words to a minimum.
    Nyariko for example, i go toe to toe with him however i respect the fact that he has a opinion with alot of it making sense and having a meaning behind it, I got no resentment against him, I have even thrown a few harsh words at times towards him however i always aim to recheck myself of his honest opinion and aim to find a solution somewhere. it might not come right away, and we may have to argue heavily first to find a answer, but as with everything it requires time and team work.

To quote a wise mans responce to you for them suspending you
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    You aren't suspended for making suggestions, you're suspended for your attitude while doing so. You aren't a martyr, you're an asshole.
    (2)

Player
    Not talking about me at all.

Talking about people worth listening to. Every single worthwhile voice in the community is banned from the OF. Read the threads on bg or ah.com

The only people left here are people like me and you. People not worth listening to.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    you mean your (khiril's) unrealistic and down right belittling and insulting posts get banned right?
    A lot of the people who have contributed most to the wikis and knowledge base that did post here have been banned at sometime or another. One user even got banned for actually finding the cause of the fishing bug SE made awhile back that randomly makes you dc while fishing and making a bug report for it. A bug that I think still exists
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Not talking about me at all.

Talking about people worth listening to. Every single worthwhile voice in the community is banned from the OF. Read the threads on bg or ah.com

The only people left here are people like me and you. People not worth listening to.
    I happily accept the title of being one of the "People not worth listening to."

I am aware of such a thing in concerns to other people,however it doesn't mean that everyone banned were banned for no reason or without a point. some more than likely went too far in how they commented and directed there posts (Not just this forum but all forums), people will go off their nutter and complain like no tomorrow swearing and absolutly saying things that really shouldn't ever be said, then they turn around and say their were in the right all along saying such disgusting things.

As for the ones that remain shouldn't cut each others throats for no reason. it is true SE does and doesn't do alot of things that need or shouldn't be changed, however it can be said in a better tone of manner or you'll end up as one of the cut down statistic (I'm probably not far from that myself with how some of my posts are writen, I'v even deleted a few as soon as i wrote it realising how bad they were or extremely pointless they were)

You bring up a great deal of things towards this forum that could change things for the better, however your attitude on how you approach it is extremely unreasonable sometimes. honestly every time i get in a arguement thinking we can find a solution to make things better, it becomes absolutly clear that you don't wish to resolve anything, thats probably the saddest thing about this forum is the lack of co-operation (Not just from you but from myself)

and as for Urmom post below your post (I'm refering to the player)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    A lot of the people who have contributed most to the wikis and knowledge base that did post here have been banned at sometime or another. One user even got banned for actually finding the cause of the fishing bug SE made awhile back that randomly makes you dc while fishing and making a bug report for it. A bug that I think still exists
    There will be those who get caught up in the mess of everything for sure, the guy could be completely innocent. however you can't place the result of everything based on 1 thing, for all we know there could have been something else that lead to the ban decision, if they thought he was cheating from the start or abusing a bug, they would have banned him from playing completely ingame too.

A man can be a ass all his life and decides to do only 1 thing right then expects everything else to be obsolved is unreasonable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-29-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast