Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    you realise your asking people who want to do V1-VD to accept people who can't land physical hits (Because they use eminent gear or something similar and have 800 acc againtst a 1400 acc mob), or their mp runs out after a few casts,or the stratergy is magic burst or they just simply die within seconds because they don't want to sub a job that negates or reduces dmg when on the front line.

Theres absolutly no reason to invite people if you know the result is gonna be a loss from the start, why do it in the first place for that matter if your gonna waste 1-3 hrs and get no win from the start? and don't say they should just do a lower teir so they can invite other people. the ones shouting for VD fights aren't people wanting to spend each fight getting 200 points when they can get 800-1200 points per fight. its these people reducing congestion by inviting full partys rather than going in solo
    And for that self-same reason people will solo it, People have to solo as their job is not wanted or their gear level is too low.

People basically want it so new players, with no friends in game, can't advance past sparks gear, Ambuscade is one of the few contents that help new players gear up decently, no matter how poorly geared whereas for the people with the gear it's a way to obtain required items for weapons or gil. I know which one I'd prioritise as a game developer, hint it's not the weapons/gil players.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    If that's how they advertised it then make it minimum 2 players and you'll still be able to call your 4 trusts that were promised.
    I'd prefer the previous suggestion of having it use other instances to increase it like battlefields no longer used.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    How about 2 soloers who were both doing normal difficulty team up. Then they either tackle difficult and get more hallmarks/gallantry or they continue to do normal, only faster. Everybody else is processed faster and everybody gets more hallmarks overall.
    A lot try to, get no reply (Can't tell you how long I've seen people shout at 1/6 for), then solo. Would you rather they not advance as their shout is never answered.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 04-17-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    And for that self-same reason people will solo it, People have to solo as their job is not wanted or their gear level is too low.

People basically want it so new players, with no friends in game, can't advance past sparks gear, Ambuscade is one of the few contents that help new players gear up decently, no matter how poorly geared whereas for the people with the gear it's a way to obtain required items for weapons or gil. I know which one I'd prioritise as a game developer, hint it's not the weapons/gil players.

I'd prefer the previous suggestion of having it use other instances to increase it like battlefields no longer used.

A lot try to, get no reply (Can't tell you how long I've seen people shout at 1/6 for), then solo. Would you rather they not advance as their shout is never answered.
    The whole point of ambuscade was if you couldn't do the higher teir fights, you then do the lower teir ones, and if you couldn't get a party, you solo it on w/e teir your strong at.
    It wasn't designed so if your absolutely new to the game that you'll achieve upper lvl 119 gear with max stats within a day or week (You can if you have a crap load of friends that can let you leech). it offers a base set so you can work your way up doing other content till your set for harder stuff, or you just persist in the entirety and grind like no tomorrow if you want the upper teir stuff but can't get the groups.

Go and read the original post about ambuscade, http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50206 . on here they mention that

"Quote"
    In addition, Ambuscade has a variety of difficulty levels, so everyone from seasoned veterans to those just starting out should find one that matches their needs. Those wishing to tackle the strongest foes are advised to select “Very Difficult” and be prepared for a valiant struggle!

Even if you’re not the type to try battle content at its most challenging, you’ll be able to eventually earn the rewards from Ambuscade if you keep working at it, making the content truly accessible for all.
    "end quote"

If your a experienced enough player, you can chose the higher teir fights, however if your aren't, you can still attain the armor as long as your willing to grind.

Ambuscade offers something for everyone, however if you havn't put the effort in yet to have a suitable job ready for it. then you just gotta go for what your capable and grind like no tomorrow.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    The whole point of ambuscade was if you couldn't do the higher teir fights, you then do the lower teir ones, and if you couldn't get a party, you solo it on w/e teir your strong at.
    It wasn't designed so if your absolutely new to the game that you'll achieve upper lvl 119 gear with max stats within a day or week (You can if you have a crap load of friends that can let you leech). it offers a base set so you can work your way up doing other content till your set for harder stuff, or you just persist in the entirety and grind like no tomorrow if you want the upper teir stuff but can't get the groups.

Go and read the original post about ambuscade, http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50206 . on here they mention that

"Quote"
    In addition, Ambuscade has a variety of difficulty levels, so everyone from seasoned veterans to those just starting out should find one that matches their needs. Those wishing to tackle the strongest foes are advised to select “Very Difficult” and be prepared for a valiant struggle!

Even if you’re not the type to try battle content at its most challenging, you’ll be able to eventually earn the rewards from Ambuscade if you keep working at it, making the content truly accessible for all.
    "end quote"

If your a experienced enough player, you can chose the higher teir fights, however if your aren't, you can still attain the armor as long as your willing to grind.

Ambuscade offers something for everyone, however if you havn't put the effort in yet to have a suitable job ready for it. then you just gotta go for what your capable and grind like no tomorrow.
    Yes, but the premise of certain replies is basically to block solo play. So if you did that, no one would invite them because of their gear so they'd be ultimately stuck unable to advance.
    (1)

Yes, but the premise of certain replies is basically to block solo play. So if you did that, no one would invite them because of their gear so they'd be ultimately stuck unable to advance.
    indeed, its quite tricky on how to resolve this issue, as some has suggested using different zones would work, however that removes the exsistance of the Abdhaljs lore,

however i believe one solution might be to make the Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba & Abdhaljs Isle-Purgonorgo opened again for ambuscade? those are considered different zones if i remember correctly and it would keep within the Abdhaljs lore since he created those too. One zone for high teir 5-6 members, one for low teir 5-6 members and one that filles the rest of the gaps.

If they are indeed different zones to legion, this might make a perfect place for new ambuscade since both zones aren't used by anyone at all (Unless they use the normal zone itself in which case scrap what i said)
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Punishing soloers or groupers won't solve the issue. People will need to play as best as they can, and trust me, some people have a hard time finding a group and they should not be punished for it.

The solution is to incentivise doing less runs by giving daily rewards ROE similar to duty finder daily roulette bonuses on FFXIV.

Make the 1st clear worth 5x hallmarks Gallantry, and you'll have a lot less congestion throughout the month as people may work out that they only need to kill once or twice a day to hit their goal.

Now, this won't solve every congestion issue and congestion may still persist, but it will remove a lot of runs from the Ambush queue.

SE already gives us a daily RoE for rekeying, but Im baffled as to why we don't also get one for clearing. The intention is clearly there to make the first kill easier.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 04-18-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't think people try to team up. Sure if there's one person shouting 1/6 and getting shot down that's sad. But if people actually wanted to team up like you said then another soloer would join up with that shouter. Since that apparently doesn't happen then you have to think that people just don't want to team up at all.

Aside from that, for all the concern about these soloers advancing, can't you also see that soloing can barely be considered advancing at all? Look at the hallmarks and gallantry (no gallantry). Every real person in your PT increases your gallantry and yet people are completely willing to forego 10 metals, 50 HMP, 2 cinders, and 2 dross this month.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dekusuta View Post
    Punishing soloers or groupers won't solve the issue. People will need to play as best as they can, and trust me, some people have a hard time finding a group and they should not be punished for it.

The solution is to incentivise doing less runs by giving daily rewards ROE similar to duty finder daily roulette bonuses on FFXIV.

Make the 1st clear worth 5x hallmarks Gallantry, and you'll have a lot less congestion throughout the month as people may work out that they only need to kill once or twice a day to hit their goal.

Now, this won't solve every congestion issue and congestion may still persist, but it will remove a lot of runs from the Ambush queue.

SE already gives us a daily RoE for rekeying, but Im baffled as to why we don't also get one for clearing. The intention is clearly there to make the first kill easier.
    they did add a incentive, however it made no difference, Gallantry is the incentive to team up, however it doesn't change the fact, why do a 100-300 point run when you can do 800-1200 as long as you have the right people.
    (0)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Perhaps they could use the two other maps (Abdhaljs-Ghelsba and Abdhaljs Isle-Purgonorgo) to make a area where there are NQ, HQ and Boss mobs spawn. Killing each nets points like in Omen. This could also be opened up to alliances, since they are both outdoor maps. This would allow for a larger amount of players to get points and lessen congestion overall. The content already exists and would only have to borrow from other existing content. So i think it would be something that could be easily accomplished.
    (0)

Reply from salalaruru on japanese forum a short while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Salalaruru View Post
    ご意見ありがとうございました。

今回の2つの提案については「実装するよ!」というものではなく、
    お伝えしていますとおり、混雑の緩和を考えた場合の方針の共有と意識調査を目的としておりました。
    その結果、望んでいないという方が多数でしたので白紙にしますね。

そのほかご提案いただいた内容を含めて、今後の方針を決める際の参考にします。
    ですが、必ずしもご意向に沿えるとは限りませんので、ご了承ください。
    そして今後も「いまこう考えているんですよ。どう思いますか?」と、
    伺うことがありましたら、ぜひご意見を聞かせてください。
    ※本件については、幅広いプレイスタイルの方の声を聴くために「もぎたて ヴァナ・ディール」で伺うかもしれません。

また、いくつか質問をいただいている件について回答しますね。
    • 入室条件に時間的制限を設けた場合、バトルコンテンツ「アンバスケード」で入手できる他コンテンツ素材の入手状況の緩和は行われる?
      該当するほかのバトルコンテンツの調整をする予定はありません。
      例えばバトルコンテンツ「ヴォイドウォッチ」にしても、アイテム「真輝管」の効果の調整、
      アイテム「ディスプレイサー」の価格調整および購入制限の撤廃、一度に購入できる数の調整などを実施しており、
      難度は十分に下がっているという認識です。
      また、エンピリアンウェポンに関しても上記の緩和により、当初想定していたよりも製作難度が下がっています。
      これ以上の緩和調整はコンテンツとしての体をなさなくなる恐れがあるため、検討していません。
    • 入口のNPCの数を増やせば解決する?
      見た目の入口が追加されるだけで、システム的な入口の数に変化はありませんので、
      ノックする人数が増えて待機時間はむしろ長くなる可能性が非常に高いです。
      少なくともいまよりも待機時間が短縮されることはありません。

また、システム的な入口の数は増設できません。
      これは人員や工数などの部分もさることながら、そもそものシステム基本部分によるところが大きいです。
      ですので、仕組みの部分での時間短縮はほぼ無理だと思ってください。
    • アイテムの取得に必要なポイントを引き下げるのはダメ?
      取得難度とアイテムの性能はリンクしているため、引き下げの予定はありません。
      ただし、アイテム「アブダルスの焼印」の取得手段の追加は、擬似的ではありますがポイントを引き下げるのと同等の効果がある方法です。
      この方法は程度の問題ではありますが、もう少し発展させても良さそうだと考えています。
    • 極端な2案しか挙がってこないのは何故?
      皆さんからご提案、そして開発・運営チームからも多数の提案が挙がりましたが、
      混雑の解消のみを考えたうえで“実際に対応できる”、“対応した場合に確実に効果を発揮する”、
      この2点をクリアできる提案というのはかなり絞られます。その結果がこの2案でした。
      また、ほかのコンテンツ自体の緩和策についても、エンピリアンウェポンのくだりで説明しましたように
      すでに多くの調整を講じており、これ以上の緩和は考えていません。
    Google Translate (Remember this is a extremely rough translation and shouldn't be considered a 100% translation)
    this is a reply to the japanese players suggestions and opinions

Thank you for your opinion.

Regarding the two proposals this time, it is not "to implement!"
    As I mentioned, I was aiming at sharing policy and consciousness survey when thinking about relaxing congestion.
    As a result, since there are many who did not want it, I will make it blank.

In addition to the suggested content, we will use it as a reference when deciding future policies.
    However, we do not necessarily comply with your intention, so please understand.
    And in the future "I'm thinking now, what do you think?",
    If you have questions, please let us know your opinion.
    ※ For this case, you may be asked "Moku Tate Vana Dale" to listen to the voices of a wide range of playing styles.

Also, I will reply to questions about some questions.

If time restrictions are placed on entry conditions, will the relaxation of the availability of other content materials available in the battle content "Ambassador" is done?
    There are no plans to adjust other applicable battle contents.
    For example, even if it is a battle content "Void Watch", adjustment of the effect of item "Maki Tube"
    Eliminate price adjustment and purchase restrictions on the item "display sir", adjust the number that can be purchased at one time,
    It is a perception that the difficulty is low enough.
    Also, regarding the Empirean Weapon, due to the above relaxation, manufacturing difficulty is lower than originally assumed.
    We are not considering further mitigation adjustment because there is a fear that it will not be a body as content.

Is it possible to solve by increasing the number of entrance NPCs?
    Since there is no change in the number of systematic entrances just by adding an appearance entrance,
    There is a high possibility that the number of knocking people increases and the standby time is rather long.
    At least it will not shorten wait time.

Also, the number of systematic entrances can not be increased.
    This is largely due to the basic parts of the system in the first place as well as parts such as personnel and man-hours.
    So please think that it is almost impossible to shorten the time in the mechanism part.

Is it unlikely to lower the points necessary for item acquisition?
    Since acquisition difficulty and item performance are linked, there is no schedule for reduction.
    However, the addition of the means to acquire the item "brand of Abdalls" is a fair method but has the same effect as lowering the point.
    This method is a matter of degree, but I think that it seems good even if you develop a little more.

Why is it that only two extreme proposals have been raised?
    Many proposals came from the proposal and the development and management team from everyone,
    Considering only the solution of congestion, "can actually deal", "to demonstrate the effect surely in case of correspondence",
    The proposal that can clear these two points is considerably narrowed down. The result was these two ideas.
    Also, as for the mitigation measures of other contents themselves, as explained by Empirian Weapons
    We already have made a lot of adjustments, we do not think about any further relaxation.
    (0)

Player
    Thanks Songen, was gonna post that myself but you beat me to it. \o/
    It's good to know that the proposed solutions are not committed to and were tossed out there for discussion only. I'd better set a calendar reminder to watch the next Freshly Picked live broadcast in order to toss my 2c into the suggestion pool when they do the next poll. >.>;;

... This still does not actually address my concern about the lack of communication with the devs on this side of the forum though. I'd really REALLY appreciate and adore a translation sticky. :3
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast