Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    For the first time since Ambuscade started I have to say I am truly unhappy by the way SE is handling the congestion. Now that metals are out it is even worse than before. Any time you get on now it is 30-50 page wait. I am actually letting my sub run out for the first time in years.
    Found this post from last year pretty much sums it up. Sorry but I tried taking many breaks and coming back and it doesn't get any funner. There is so much other great content in this game that can be revived/relived. I feel than doing the same funnel everyone in Mhuara, standing around for 20+mins- 2-5min fight- KI- rinse and repeat= chore.

08-18-2016 03:09 AM #88
    Sicycre
    Community Rep
    Sicycre's Avatar Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Greetings, everyone!

I’d like to pass on some comments from the development team in response to the suggestions in this thread.
    Key items
    Currently no plans to change the way key items are obtained, and system-wise it would not be possible to make it so the monster targets change each day. Also, in regards to preparing various ways to obtain the key item, when repeating runs as a party, you’ll ultimately all be doing the same method to obtain it, and would likely choose the most efficient option. We'd like to hear additional feedback on what everyone feels would be an appropriate method to obtaining the key item.

Area appearance
    Unfortunately we aren’t able to change the maps for Ambuscade. While it might be possible for us to place objects or add some variation inside of the instance, this would not be a proper solution. If you feel you are getting worn out while doing it, we recommend taking a break from Ambuscade to do something else, then come back when you are reinvigorated!

Adding a reward NPC to other areas
    Since it’s not as simple as using the same exact NPC data, it would take a bit of work to do, but this might just be possible. We’ll take a look and see if we can accomplish this!

Method to swap in differently augments capes
    Unfortunately from a technical perspective, renaming capes so that they can be macroed in is not possible. While it may be possible to create the same exact item with a different name, which can then be augmented, this would reduce the amount of space available for other new items. However, if you use your inventory and wardrobes, you can actually successfully swap in different types of capes.

Purchasing Abdhaljs Seals with login points
    We can look into this; however, it would not be possible to transfer these between characters under the same account.

We’re happy to see all the feedback on Ambuscade and hope you continue to suggest ways to improve this content moving forward!
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Shorter time limit in the zone and/or make it mandatory to party up.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Shorter time limit in the zone and/or make it mandatory to party up.
    No, no, no. I always do Ambuscade in a 6 man party, but it's NOT fair to block solo entry, just because they never thought this content out properly.
    (1)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    No, no, no. I always do Ambuscade in a 6 man party, but it's NOT fair to block solo entry, just because they never thought this content out properly.
    How about reserve all but one instance for 6-man parties; let everyone else fight over the remaining instance?
    (1)

The content was thought out just fine - The issue is, XI uses layering instances, not true instances (it is a game developed in the late 90s after all) so there literally is only so few things they can do. While you may do it in a 6 man party, I can guarantee most of the people who utilize this content does it solo..which is why there's even a problem to begin with.

Mandatory party would probably suck on low pop servers, but at the same time, it would cut a hell of a lot of the congestion.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    How about reserve all but one instance for 6-man parties; let everyone else fight over the remaining instance?
    Again, it's not fair. They also pay for their game, you simply can't block their access, and that's what you're ultimately doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    The content was thought out just fine - The issue is, XI uses layering instances, not true instances (it is a game developed in the late 90s after all) so there literally is only so few things they can do. While you may do it in a 6 man party, I can guarantee most of the people who utilize this content does it solo..which is why there's even a problem to begin with.

Mandatory party would probably suck on low pop servers, but at the same time, it would cut a hell of a lot of the congestion.
    Well it was thought out for solo play as much as party player, they even advertise it with 1 player, 4 trusts.

I'd sooner they opened it up for Alliance play over punishing solo play.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well it was thought out for solo play as much as party player, they even advertise it with 1 player, 4 trusts.
    If that's how they advertised it then make it minimum 2 players and you'll still be able to call your 4 trusts that were promised.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with you 100%, even though most times this content is told to people as the "entry" level gear to have for i119 they sure seem like elitist *cough* "players" who only want cookie cutter setups, I know many people who get denied groups for not having the job that others wants while they brag about how easy it is.
    The biggest people who create the worse congestion on this are the players who demand the best of the best and only jobs X, Y, Z, A, A, A for party setups, if you want to lower congestion invite the jobs that don't get invited.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    I agree with you 100%, even though most times this content is told to people as the "entry" level gear to have for i119 they sure seem like elitist *cough* "players" who only want cookie cutter setups, I know many people who get denied groups for not having the job that others wants while they brag about how easy it is.
    The biggest people who create the worse congestion on this are the players who demand the best of the best and only jobs X, Y, Z, A, A, A for party setups, if you want to lower congestion invite the jobs that don't get invited.
    you realise your asking people who want to do V1-VD to accept people who can't land physical hits (Because they use eminent gear or something similar and have 800 acc againtst a 1400 acc mob), or their mp runs out after a few casts,or the stratergy is magic burst or they just simply die within seconds because they don't want to sub a job that negates or reduces dmg when on the front line.

Theres absolutly no reason to invite people if you know the result is gonna be a loss from the start, why do it in the first place for that matter if your gonna waste 1-3 hrs and get no win from the start? and don't say they should just do a lower teir so they can invite other people. the ones shouting for VD fights aren't people wanting to spend each fight getting 200 points when they can get 800-1200 points per fight. its these people reducing congestion by inviting full partys rather than going in solo
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-17-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    How about 2 soloers who were both doing normal difficulty team up. Then they either tackle difficult and get more hallmarks/gallantry or they continue to do normal, only faster. Everybody else is processed faster and everybody gets more hallmarks overall.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast