Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Rala Waterways Sluice Gate won't open

Hello,

The Sluice Gate at M-10 won't open. Instead of opening I get a message saying:

"A strange design is etched into the gate."

I looked through all the approved WIKIs, did Google searches, and even tried the old Yahoo system without luck.

The map supplied by SE for the area has an arrow showing an exit to the Eastern city, as such one should be able to exit from this area of the Rala Waterways.

I even looked at N-10 and there isn't an exit here. I found the blank target, but get the message saying nothing is out of the ordinary.

The map shows an exit. Where is it? Thanks!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Hello,

The Sluice Gate at M-10 won't open. Instead of opening I get a message saying:

"A strange design is etched into the gate."

I looked through all the approved WIKIs, did Google searches, and even tried the old Yahoo system without luck.

The map supplied by SE for the area has an arrow showing an exit to the Eastern city, as such one should be able to exit from this area of the Rala Waterways.

I even looked at N-10 and there isn't an exit here. I found the blank target, but get the message saying nothing is out of the ordinary.

The map shows an exit. Where is it? Thanks!
    That exit leads to adoulin castle, Its existence is ment for any quests they may add in the future (Or already added since i haven't done all the quests yet), it points to eastern adoulin specificlly since the missions told of the geomancers of the adoulin castle needing access to the waterways in order to keep the barrier up and for the royal family to have access to the tomb that is near by (Which is from a mission too).

It exists for show purposes only
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yeah, as Songen said, it was intended for use later, and they just never used it.
    (0)

Hello, everyone!

From a story persepective, the Sluice Gate at (M-10) of Rala Waterways is a secret passage!
    However, this passage is only permitted to be used by high-ranking townspeople, such as members of the Twelve Orders of Adoulin, and it is not available to adventurers or ordinary townsfolk.

I was very curious about this as well so thank you for the inquiry!
    (1)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello, everyone!

From a story persepective, the Sluice Gate at (M-10) of Rala Waterways is a secret passage!
    However, this passage is only permitted to be used by high-ranking townspeople, such as members of the Twelve Orders of Adoulin, and it is not available to adventurers or ordinary townsfolk.

I was very curious about this as well so thank you for the inquiry!
    Much appreciated for the reply Sicycre, atleast its confirmed now that gate way
    (0)

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So is it is possible to unlock the ability to use this gate?
    (0)

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanx View Post
    So is it is possible to unlock the ability to use this gate?
    No. Based on what Sicycre said, we will never be able to use it.
    (0)