Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

/yell Moderation/censorship needed

Hi,

Please can the usage of /yell be looked at?

I am on Asura and the /yell's are just completely out of hand: Outright cursing, political matters, or something else - it's just not what the majority of us trying to play the game want to see. It's depressing, and not the place for it.

Maybe this is something that only really happens on Asura, as I don't recall seeing anything like it on my previous server (Fenrir).

I would like to make the following suggestions:

- Limit /yell to wording from a select translation dictionary. For example:
    |Capacity Points| |<jobs>| |Can I have it?|

and or;

Censor all derogatory wording from the /yell command and/or limited usage of typed wording.

We want a happy gaming experience, not a rant shout in towns and cities.
    (0)

No.

PS > Just blist people talking about stuff you can't handle.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Or how about limit /yell to "groups of cities? So when you /yell only that area and a select few only hear it; for example...
    1] Yell in a Windurst area; only those areas (woods, walls, water, port) hears it.
    2] San d'Oria : south, north, port, chateau.
    3] Bastok: mines, markets, port, metalworks.
    4] Jeuno : Rulude G, upper, lower, port.
    5] Others : rabao, norg, kazham, Tavnazia, Selbina, mhaura.
    6] Aht Urghan : al zahbi, whitegate, nashmau.
    7] Adoulin: western, eastern.

If i forgot any, well oops, but you get the idea. They already sort them in quest log, why not here? Make it like a Group Area Linkshell you join when in that area.
    (0)

Player
    There is also a language filter to block cursing if it bothers you.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And if we did that Raydeus, on Asura, our blacklist would be full in about as long as it takes to type them in. I already have 50+ on mine, of which I believe all still active players. (I do random removals sometimes from it just to check, but it fill up fast.)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    And if we did that Raydeus, on Asura, our blacklist would be full in about as long as it takes to type them in. I already have 50+ on mine, of which I believe all still active players. (I do random removals sometimes from it just to check, but it fill up fast.)
    If you are black listing that many people on a regular basis that sounds more like the problem is on your side rather than the yell command (unless you are /blist-ing gil sellers that is, those multiply like cockroaches.) But you can always filter out yell from the chat log and/or call a GM to report the players saying things against the TOS.

And like Nyarlko mentioned don't forget to enable the language filter.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Or how about limit /yell to "groups of cities? So when you /yell only that area and a select few only hear it; for example...
    1] Yell in a Windurst area; only those areas (woods, walls, water, port) hears it.
    2] San d'Oria : south, north, port, chateau.
    3] Bastok: mines, markets, port, metalworks.
    4] Jeuno : Rulude G, upper, lower, port.
    5] Others : rabao, norg, kazham, Tavnazia, Selbina, mhaura.
    6] Aht Urghan : al zahbi, whitegate, nashmau.
    7] Adoulin: western, eastern.

If i forgot any, well oops, but you get the idea. They already sort them in quest log, why not here? Make it like a Group Area Linkshell you join when in that area.
    That is basically already in-game. It's called /shout. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    If you are black listing that many people on a regular basis that sounds more like the problem is on your side rather than the yell command (unless you are /blist-ing gil sellers that is, those multiply like cockroaches.) But you can always filter out yell from the chat log and/or call a GM to report the players saying things against the TOS.

And like Nyarlko mentioned don't forget to enable the language filter.
    Unless you are from Asura, I dont think you can fully understand. It is an ONSLAUGHT of absolute nonsense. Shutting off /yell is not an option as I'm always actively looking for things to do.
    /yell is designed for game related requests - It's not designed as some chat forum (hence the implemented delay between yelling).

I can handle a lot but reading absolute nonsense day in day out, even by repeat offenders has gotten pretty boring.

All chat mediums (ie forums, chat rooms) have moderation by the way - without it there would be chaos.
    (1)

your gotta report em to the GM every time, you'll find its usually the same people who start the problem and simply get everyone else caught up in it. if nothings said ingame to a GM to actively have the person put on a watch list, nothing will changed. there is no actual way of blocking all yells without risking actual yells being either dumped or put on a GM list which can lead to some nasty stuff just shouting for a party with bad spelling (Which probably should be reported if it is bad spelling but thats another topic for a ranting thread).

a GM might not imediently intervine or could take a few tries over a few times for them to actively monitor those people or simply suspend them if they fail to comply with SEs standards of chat.

Edit: Yes my grammer and spelling sucks, don't report me plz
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Unless you are from Asura, I dont think you can fully understand. It is an ONSLAUGHT of absolute nonsense. Shutting off /yell is not an option as I'm always actively looking for things to do.
    /yell is designed for game related requests - It's not designed as some chat forum (hence the implemented delay between yelling).

I can handle a lot but reading absolute nonsense day in day out, even by repeat offenders has gotten pretty boring.

All chat mediums (ie forums, chat rooms) have moderation by the way - without it there would be chaos.
    I seriously doubt it's any worse than Jeuno/Whitegate used to be many years ago before the Abyssea debacle. And the practical solution then was the exact same as now /blacklist and report to GM.

Now, I wouldn't mind if this was an Asura specific change that didn't affect other servers, if it is indeed something most Asura players would agree upon. So why not /yell in your server about this topic (while you still can) and tell people to come to the official forums and Like your OP and comment in support of implementing your solution. If the problem is a bad as you say I'm sure plenty of players will support these measures.
    (0)
    - Lord Gaben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast