Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GAbrielKross View Post
    snip
    so narrow minded... lol

If you can't really stand the argument, then don't waste time replying. lol

Whether your side of logic applies or whether my crazy idea were good enough to be true, in the end... it's SE who's gonna decide anyways, so there's no really harm ways of my sake argument gonna hurt, unless you were a bit more fanatic to FF11 alone. Ideas were suppose to run wild. lol

And strangely, you seems to avoid the subject about The Void and instead still prefer using Cloud of Darkness (CoD is just underling to the Void).

Anyhoo... whether you like it or not, I'm still crossing my fingers and there's nothing that can stop me, even if SE would somehow agree with your logics. It's my dream (and there might be others who shares 'em), not yours (apparently). lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    I must agree. FFXI is one of the most realistic in terms of art style in this genre. Body proportions, architecture, weapons and armors, weathers, seasons etc. are all very coherent as a whole. The art style in most MMOs are cartoony (see: WoW) and/or so out of proportions (i.e. structures are absurdly huge in relation to characters, see: FFXIV). I am not saying those are bad design choices. I just prefer "realistic" art styles.
    actually, I may disagree. First time I saw treant in this game, it's IMO the most oddly unnaturalistic-shaped version of this mob compared to it's other version on other FF series. lol

And I find it slightly odd why cowl-head portion for most of mages gears were separated from body piece, although I kinda understand the reason for design choice. Other than that, the game looks great by itself.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    so narrow minded... lol

If you can't really stand the argument, then don't waste time replying. lol

Whether your side of logic applies or whether my crazy idea were good enough to be true, in the end... it's SE who's gonna decide anyways, so there's no really harm ways of my sake argument gonna hurt, unless you were a bit more fanatic to FF11 alone. Ideas were suppose to run wild. lol

And strangely, you seems to avoid the subject about The Void and instead still prefer using Cloud of Darkness (CoD is just underling to the Void).

Anyhoo... whether you like it or not, I'm still crossing my fingers and there's nothing that can stop me, even if SE would somehow agree with your logics. It's my dream (and there might be others who shares 'em), not yours (apparently). lol

actually, I may disagree. First time I saw treant in this game, it's IMO the most oddly unnaturalistic-shaped version of this mob compared to it's other version on other FF series. lol

And I find it slightly odd why cowl-head portion for most of mages gears were separated from body piece, although I kinda understand the reason for design choice. Other than that, the game looks great by itself.
    I asked you to stop talking about it in this thread because what you are talking about has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread, if you want to talk about your idea, which I encourage you to do, make your own thread share your ideas in it and let people discuss it there. My thread is about making a new game in the FFXI universe and not bringing FFXI to FFXIV, that would ruin both franchises in the long run anyways.

Since you brought it up, who cares about "the void" it's the named characters I care about, and the void isn't really a character so much as a concept.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    MMRPG genre is about of being obsolete people prefer MOBA.
    tell me where you are getting this from? because I see plenty of MMOs out there doing fairly well and most MOBAs failing miserably other than League of Legends and a select few others
    I happen to despise MOBA and think SE making one would be a huge mistake

P.S. I should mention I played both WoW and DOTA 2 and didn't have any fun with either of them nor did I find them exciting. I'm sorry I can't get behind a game I'm not having fun or excited about.

back to the topic at hand. I agree FFXI could use an overhaul but I honestly doubt a FFXI-2 will happen. IF we were to see an FFXI-2 it would more likely be a combination of the things that make FFXIV great to it's fans in a Vana'diel setting and this honestly won't go over well with most hardcore XIV players.
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 05-15-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    tell me where you are getting this from? because I see plenty of MMOs out there doing fairly well and most MOBAs failing miserably other than League of Legends and a select few others
    I happen to despise MOBA and think SE making one would be a huge mistake

P.S. I should mention I played both WoW and DOTA 2 and didn't have any fun with either of them nor did I find them exciting. I'm sorry I can't get behind a game I'm not having fun or excited about.

back to the topic at hand. I agree FFXI could use an overhaul but I honestly doubt a FFXI-2 will happen. IF we were to see an FFXI-2 it would more likely be a combination of the things that make FFXIV great to it's fans in a Vana'diel setting and this honestly won't go over well with most hardcore XIV players.
    The only thing that I really like from FFXIV is the telegraphing of attacks, but I wouldn't want them to gut the core of FFXI to make that a thing.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by GAbrielKross View Post
    I feel it necessary to contest one point. FFXI isn't a dead game, it's a completed game. While player base is diminishing, it's ultimately still an active game. The problem is the Trust concept practically turned it into a single player game. Also, while FFXIV may be going strong, there is still a market for a new story in Vana'diel. I'd say only about a third of retired FFXI players went to FFXIV: ARR, but that's just a personal estimation.
    Thought i'd pop in here being as a returning player who last played the game in February 2013 ... just before ARR launch. XI is and always will be my true love. I am coming back to it once again after all, and nothing of the last 4 years in XIV convinces me that it will ever be as great as this game... and i still do love XIV for plenty of things.

In any case, i actually think that the dev choices over the last 4 years have been really intelligent. I mean, perhaps this game will still have the servers online in another 15 years, but the game itself will never suddenly boon in population such that it can sustain the old model. I treasured every moment in Valkrum, masochist that i am, but i doubt very much the game could sustain the classic shout box in town for exp party system the way it did. Certainly in trying to shout for party to do (insert random 10 year old story mission here) it would get messy.

So two things i do love. The trust system #1. Yeah, it essentially turns the main game into an offline entry in the franchise, but as polished, it (you got the word perfectly here) presents a COMPLETED masterpiece (UI deficiencies aside). The servers could go offline tomorrow and given a couple months of final tweaking, the game could be sold on steam as an offline entry to the franchise and be arguably the best FF in the entire series. It is that, even online, of course.

#2, Rhapsodies and all the mega boons granted by completing it. It's perfect. Take a new player gets the game in offline mode and one of the first things they will do is walk into the mog house as they explore their starter city. The storyline starts automatically and works in parallel to all the other story in the game as a whole, Rhapsodies incrementally progressing as all the other tales unfold. Brilliant. All of it comes together to form an incredibly polished package of a game that one can absorb in a couple hundred hours or a few hundred, which is still exceptionally high by offline standards, but not MMO standards, and yet the entirely of the thing is still there, with all the countless more content.

As i understand it, the end game is still online for now, so long as the game itself remains online. Of course i yearn for the days that were, but i appreciate all that is the complete and safely enduring legacy of a masterpiece that can now exist without expiration.

Yeah, i'm a little bummed to think the story is over... i mean, i CAN see this game staying online for another 15 years. It has a sort of enduring power... maybe not to the extent of Eve ... but then again, maybe. Everywhere you go, you hear the same things over and over how this game never leaves you. It's hard to imagine how 5-10 years could pass and this game sees no story extension despite still being online...

I think, for now, maybe it just exists like the wait for any offline franchise to maybe put out that next entry one day. So long as the game lives on as a functioning online community and earns SE at least a bit of coin to their bottom line, it is entirely plausible that the choice will be made to tell another story. Not necessarily an expansion, although hey, who really knows, but at least the announcement of a new add on scenario or something eventually as a thank you? I can see it. But i can absolutely see opening up bing one morning and seeing on the news feed 'Ancient MMO announces new expansion to celebrate 25 years! '
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-17-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4