Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    as a heads up, ff11 mobile version (Which is still in creation) would probably be a 2.0 or something since its mechanics wouldn't work the same as a normal ff11 game and i doubt it'd be connected directly too ff11, however if it is, its probably limited in terms of battle content etc
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There is nothing stopping them from making FFXI-2 as their next MMORPG except themselves. SE has proven they have a short attention span for MMOs. I doubt that will improve for a FFXI-2. They will go new, all the way. It'd be easier for a person to pass through the eye of needle than for SE to swallow spending money and resources on another vana'diel adventure. You would need their employees to develop the game on the side in their spare time, for free, with maybe a promise to be allowed to cash in on their work when the game went live. That's basically the only way FFXI-2 will ever happen :x It'd probably take 12 years to make.

*shrug* I don't know. They are doing VII remake. They might do a XI-2 but I can guarantee you it'd be so different that you'd hardly recognize it. They'll probably start with the far east and expand from there with references to the zones in XI. We'd probably never get to see them. They may as well do something entirely new for the next MMO, but more like XI and less like the disaster XIV is. If you combine the best elements in both games it'd make for an epic masterpiece, and by best elements I mean XIV's crafting and then everything else FFXI ._.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think it would be cool to have an offline sequel where you play as Iroha, maybe do what SE did with the KH games and make a sort of theater mode that shows the events of FFXI so people can see the story. I don't think it will happen, nut you never know, could even be a way to draw some new or returning players to FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only way we'll get an FFXI-2 is if it will be as an Expansion to FFXIV.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    The only way we'll get an FFXI-2 is if it will be as an Expansion to FFXIV.
    Which would be depressing.

They could however use the luminious branch they used for XIV for updating XI if SE supplied the funding. But I'm sure they rather fund FFXVI project that includes 72 games and 80 mobile games they'll cancel in the first year or prolong development for 10-12 years long before they even think of updating the one project that's earned them the most revenue overtime.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    I'd argue 7 may have earned them more overall, due to merchandising sequal/prequal material, and the many re-releases.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not everyone enjoy XIV's story or community as well. I played there for nearly 2 years and my current group of friends in XI would not be subbing in any MMO at all if it isn't XI. So I think the assumption that XI is done and XIV is the next logical evolution is incorrect. There are many XI players who will only play XI or not at all. Not everyone wants to start over an MMO again and XIV, which casual, pretty and user friendly in many respects is a grindfest of epic proportions. When I was playing I would spend 4 hours a night doing my daily roulette followed by all my daily leves to get all the in-game currency.

Someone complained about XI trust system turning it into a solo game, but i don't feel like it was any more of a solo game than XIV was when I was there. Sure duty finder was a group randomizer but half the time people don't talk, and there's a big chance you'll get an ass in your group that is just mean to you especially if you're healer or doing a particularly difficult DF. The dailies are all solo content and I spent most of my time doing those.

In anycase, I feel like XI has a place and would much prefer SE reinvested in it, give us a new expansion and position it as a home for their old-time fans. They've been true to their word providing monthly updates on XI, but I feel like we're at the cusp of the next step and that is a roadmap to the future ,something they still haven't provided us.
    With the +2 and possibly +3 sets coming, I could see Ambush content being a thing for another year. I can only hope they are using that time to prep a major content patch, or it could all just be busy work as they have nothing else really planned.

Hoping for the best.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dekusuta View Post
    Not everyone enjoy XIV's story or community as well.
    Sure duty finder was a group randomizer but half the time people don't talk, and there's a big chance you'll get an ass in your group that is just mean to you especially if you're healer or doing a particularly difficult DF.
    The only time I would get people talking to me was when I'd play through story dungeons and yell at me for not skipping the cutscenes. While I do like the telegraphed attacks in 14 and enmity gauge, I overall, don't like the community or the awful lack of coordination.

I would love to see more of Vana'diel and I would love to see this game make a resurgence, but without new players, it's just not going to happen. So, in the mean time, I can just wait and see what things they have for us next. Like maybe +2/3 for the Relic and Emp armors
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Dekusuta View Post
    Not everyone enjoy XIV's story or community as well. I played there for nearly 2 years and my current group of friends in XI would not be subbing in any MMO at all if it isn't XI. So I think the assumption that XI is done and XIV is the next logical evolution is incorrect.
    Read SE press and investor reports some time, it's not our assumption, it's SE's ideology being said as plain as day. XI is indeed "done" for as far as SE is concerned as long as XIV is their star MMO. If you noticed, when XIV was spiraling faster than expected, they backtracked pretty quickly on their stance on XI. They wouldn't outright kill any source of revenue, but in order to really give XI what it needs, it needs full support including a sizable team. Since even XIV's team atm is "small" according to the director, but it also gets far more funding.

Hell I think Scarlet SaGa got more funding than XI did.

Someone complained about XI trust system turning it into a solo game, but i don't feel like it was any more of a solo game than XIV was when I was there.
    As always, I think this is more because with trusts, while nowhere near as competent as human players (usually), they replace the need for many, many standard content and leveling to seek out other players. Until Trusts work on the level of a player in the highest tier of content, trusts can never turn this into a "solo game" but it CAN give that illusion simply because you only need you and 5 other trusts for most of current XI.

I can only hope they are using that time to prep a major content patch, or it could all just be busy work as they have nothing else really planned.
    All they need is a small team to port XI over to a new engine (even UE4 would suffice if they won't give them the branch of luminous XIV uses) as it's a windows only game now, but then they'd have to strip out Playonline functionality which XI is so deeply integrated with it's more work and money than they clearly want to invest in a 15 year old game.

Now if Stormsblood for XIV doesn't go over too well..I guarantee XI will get put into a new light.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Now if Stormsblood for XIV doesn't go over too well..I guarantee XI will get put into a new light.
    It really wouldn't, they'd sooner move onto a new MMO separate from both XI and XIV.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast