Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Macros for Summoner 2017

I have searched for a while to find any macro formats to maximize the use of the entire combat system as it currently is in 2017. I cannot utilize any "help" because I am using Windows 10 insider edition (it was free when I built my PC). Anyways, below is an example of how I currently have my Summoner Macros built. If this helps anyone I am glad, and if anyone has any suggestions to improve upon it (Vanilla onry), I would love to hear it.

/equipset 5 (BP Timer)
    /pet "Flaming Crush" <stnpc> <wait .5>
    /party "Flaming Crush"<recast="Bloodpact: Rage">
    /equipset 10 <wait .5> (Hybrid Build)
    /echo <recast="Apogee"><recast="Bloodpact: Ward"> <recast="Mana Cede">
    /equipset 6 (Perpetuation)

Yes the parenthesis are in my actual macros. I use them to label what a set is so I don't get confused in a massive copy paste session and the system ignores them so they are safe to use.

If anyone wants to see an example of any other macros, if this helps you, or if you have any feedback, please let me know.

To SE in particular: Has there been any considerations on implementing some of the UI enhancements that were in developement a while back? In particular I would love to see a couple more lines added to the Macro utility, and an increase in character storage per line, especially with the addition of the <recast=> argument. It would be nice to be able to echo more than 2 of my ability timers on the same line. A frkken adjustable and toggleable mini map that retains the markers of the actual map might be nice too but one thing at a time

And finally, I am currently on the Asura Server, so if you want to talk there, have any questions about SMN or how I set up my stuff, hit me up!
    (2)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

first thing, don't ever put a /party in your macro lines unless your SCing or its something that tracks certain progress, your wasting valuable chat lines which are needed for party tactics or just making sure everyone see's the SC, you got the idea with the second /wait but at not point should you do it unless your part of the SC or something necessary(Plus its anouying to think people think we want to see their macros going off, we got so much else to contribute to party, chat is for the important stuff, other wise your distracting us by making our focus on the chat line for absolutly no reason).

Secondly, FF11's macro's don't use decimals for /wait or <wait>. you have to use whole numbers. they adjusted dragoon's wyvern to fire its breath attack at 1.5 seconds (Or 1.25, i forgot which since update was a while ago) specificly because we have single digits with /waits.

Thirdly, your "/equipset 10 <wait .5> (Hybrid Build)" should have 2 seconds <wait>. this is to make sure your dmg gear is actually active when the BP fires off or it'll simply go straight to your perpectuation set and your dmg will be nerfed to w/e gear that is.
    (0)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The party chat is in fact for skillchain purposes (I wouldn't put it on a ward for example), and actually .5 does work and happens to be the lowest wait value acceptable. 1.5 does not work however, which is admittedly sad.

I posted the macro as sort of a template to demonstrate what is possible, as the spirit of the post was to provide a resource since I could find no current resources to begin with. Furthermore I wouldn't have posted it unless I had already thoroughly tested it.

If you want proof that .5 works try the following macro:
    /jobemote RUN <wait .5>
    /jobemote WAR <wait .5>
    /jobemote MNK <wait .5>
    /jobemote DRK <wait .5>
    /jobemote PLD <wait .5>
    /jobemote BLM

Or whatever 6 jobs you like. Have fun with it!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    The party chat is in fact for skillchain purposes (I wouldn't put it on a ward for example), and actually .5 does work and happens to be the lowest wait value acceptable. 1.5 does not work however, which is admittedly sad.

I posted the macro as sort of a template to demonstrate what is possible, as the spirit of the post was to provide a resource since I could find no current resources to begin with. Furthermore I wouldn't have posted it unless I had already thoroughly tested it.

If you want proof that .5 works try the following macro:
    /jobemote RUN <wait .5>
    /jobemote WAR <wait .5>
    /jobemote MNK <wait .5>
    /jobemote DRK <wait .5>
    /jobemote PLD <wait .5>
    /jobemote BLM

Or whatever 6 jobs you like. Have fun with it!
    if .5 does work then good (I don't have time to test it so i'll take your word on it), that'll help me alot with my gear sets, however be careful in how your demonstrate things, people who are still learning usually only take what they need and don't try and understand further expecially if they are starting new for this game or returning after a extremely long time and will land in errors further on.

What i mean is put more explanations in your base guide. you asked for contribution and thats what i gave.

Noone new would know its disrespecful to spam party chat with useless chatter or (And after further learning something) that you can't use decimal points after 1, or that you need to put atleast 2 seconds in after activating the BP to make sure your DD or summoning skill gear is on when the avatar actually fires off its BP before equiping your perpectuation/refresh gear.

you seem to know alot about smn so i would suggest making another thread about which smn gear from refresh idle, refresh perpectuation, BP rage, BP ward, BP melee, BP magic, etc from your experience works for what including general blood pact gear, i see so many people so clueless about that stuff too

Just as a side note, i got nothing against you or this thread, i am mearly trying to help contribute, keep up the good work plz
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-09-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Player
    I don't know SMN really that well, but I do know BST. and the 2nd .5 wait should indeed be too short to apply equip stats to the BP. That part needs to be equipped at the time the pet ability actually completes. If I were to use that macro template as BST, my idle set would be equipped shortly after the "pet readies" msg and I would get no benefit from the set meant to buff damage/effect. You may want to try testing in-game yourself to verify that what you have compared to changing the 2nd .5 to 2sec to determine if it really is working the way you think it's working. I'm 98% certain that the fundamental mechanics for pets are identical between BST/SMN, but SE loves SMN, so maybe they got a better deal than BST. ^^;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know I tested this before, but just to confirm I tried Nether Blast which does fixed damage with no regard to Pet TP and is scarcely if ever resisted. The damage calculation variability is almost solely based on Pet MAB gear stats and base pet stats (and Foe MDB.) Basically I chose Nether Blast for its ability to quickly render consistent results.

Commands issued from the menu in Timer gear, then in Perpetuation (idle) gear yielded the same result versus Belaboring Wasp of 3724 damage (Performed twice in both sets to confirm) then twice in my pet MAB set as it is today, both yielded 6181 damage
    Then tried from my macros with the wait timers as they are with .5 6181 damage, and finally with the second timer at 2 for 6181 damage. (also all were done with Style lock off then on in case any latency or lag was generated due to animations or gear swap blinking)

I know these work for me as is, and I wont make any claims that they work for anyone else. That said I would encourage you take the numbers in the syntax and play with them to find what works for you. It was not my intention to hand out stone tablets.

What it does demonstrate though is that .5 is usable, which is not known by most, and in my experience is stupid useful for job ability stacking. It works for the timer gear because timer gear functions identically to fast cast gear with respect to when you have to have it on. There was a time a while back when Summoners had their pet abilities fire off from 3 seconds then SE brought that down to instantaneous, and SE had to change it back to at least a second because it rendered timer gear useless if the community wanted to out put a good spike in damage. in my example I am probably utilizing very low internet latency, this works for me because it can. If you have a higher latency then obviously you will have to make changes.

The other thing I was trying to demonstrate is the ability now to easily render timer information for longer cool downs so one can avoid wasting focus time on pouring through the menus to find out when Apogee is up again (for example). A BST for example could use /echo <recast="Call Beast"><recast="Bestial Loyalty"> in a pet PDT gear swap macro, so you know which way to go in case your pet is killed.

I hate to give out erroneous information, and you both have helped me see areas that need clarification, so I do appreciate the input.
    (0)

If your aiming to have the equip go on at the same time as the ability goes off, your landing a risk of the connection laging (Which happens alot during peak hours or heavy conjestion of players/mobs) and the server reading the equipment for melee/enhancing set being equiped too late or too early.
    however you need to make sure your still equiped at that time since it could take anywhere between 1-2 seconds for the ability to go off dependant on lag (Even if .5 is enough, 1 second plays it more safely). its as I said before, they changed wyvern breath attacks to fire off at 1.25 or 1.5 (I forgot which) instead of 1 second since the server wasn't registering on time because of peoples connection.

The server is precise, its our computers/connections/other factors that aren't reliable
    (0)