Character
    Fallenevan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Outrageous Event Wait Time

Dear DEV and Players,

Every time there a event created or updated (i.e. Ambuscade), players suffer seriously wait time , or you simply have to wait just because someone is ahead of you.

Why these events are created this way?

I am not here to pay monthly AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT just to play an popular event. If I pay for my wireless phone I expect I can make calls. That's that simple.

DEV, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? Why these events are still created in such old school fashion in 2017 and players have to suffer just because they want to enjoy some popular event? Blaming on the hardware or software capability is not acceptable, to some extend, having a game architecture like Ambuscade which there is only ONE instance is a complete joke compare to todays MMO.
    (1)
    Last edited by FallenE; 04-06-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenE View Post
    Dear DEV and Players,

Every time there a event created or updated (i.e. Ambuscade), players suffer seriously wait time , or you simply have to wait just because someone is ahead of you.

I am not here to pay monthly AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT just to play an popular event. If I pay for my wireless phone I expect I can make calls. That's that simple.

DEV, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? Why these events are still created in such old school fashion in 2017 and players have to suffer just because they want to enjoy some popular event? Blaming on the hardware or software capability is not acceptable, to some extend, having a game architecture like Ambuscade which there is only ONE instance is a complete joke compare to todays MMO.
    There are 6-8 Legion instances. Waiting is nothing new for this game, it's had lines for events for nearly 15yrs. BCNMs used to have a single instance and if you wanted in for even a mission fight, you had to wait your turn. Complaining rudely about the limitations of a program that is this old is not exactly productive feedback. The wait times aren't even that bad nowadays, even if the queue is 30 pages deep, it's only like 10-15min usually. Your monthly fee is not paying for access to a certain event btw, it's paying for the ability to log in to the game world, which makes your phone analogy inaccurate. Using that analogy, you are complaining because you are reaching a number that is busy, which is no fault of the service provider. ^^
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Dear DEV and Players,

you should have played ambuscade back when there was no line, you had no idea if you would make it in at all because everyone else around you was faster at clicking and scrolling the the menu for the entrance . atleast now you know when your getting in and the fact you will get in when the time comes. try doing ambuscade during off peak times rather than when its prime time. off peak is a 1-3 position wait, sometimes even instantly getting in.

(My play time is during main japanese time even tho i'm not japanese, so its pretty much 20-50min wait for me where i am. however i wait and try either just before or just after their time since its a 5-10 minute wait at that time)
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Either it's the beginning of the month and people are trying to grind. Or it's the end of the month and again, people are trying to grind. The congestion is also very much influenced by how solo-friendly that month's Ambuscade is. If you /sea legion and there are 8 groups inside with 6 of them being solo BLU then SE didn't balance that month's fight's properly.
    (0)

Speaking of Ambuscade what's the highest level Ambuscade people have been able to solo (on any job)?

For me Normal is sort of the limit to what I've been able to solo reliably. Sometimes I've been able to solo difficult, but it takes so much time and it's so prone to disaster it just isn't worth the hassle. Which is why I don't bother with Ambuscade, since 145 runs on normal for the +1 set is just... lol F that.

PS > And if anyone is wondering why I'm not partying to get stuff faster it's simply because my play time is far too erratic. For instance, for Ambuscade I'd just:

- Pop into the game
    - Try an Ambuscade if I have the KI already
    - Go afk for half an hour
    - Come back and get a new KI
    - Go afk for another 15 minutes
    - Maybe come back, maybe log out
    - Then try ambuscade again sometime
    - Etc. etc.

No group would ever be able to keep up with that playstyle, which is why I'm a solo player these days. That way I can warp out at any moment I want, and resume trying at any moment as well. If you are in a party you need to consider other people's time and that's just not possible for the most part for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 04-07-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You're on, probably, the most popular server...

There are MANY benefits to that, but wait time is one of the main issues.
    (0)

Character
    Fallenevan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Speaking of Ambuscade what's the highest level Ambuscade people have been able to solo (on any job)?

For me Normal is sort of the limit to what I've been able to solo reliably. Sometimes I've been able to solo difficult, but it takes so much time and it's so prone to disaster it just isn't worth the hassle. Which is why I don't bother with Ambuscade, since 145 runs on normal for the +1 set is just... lol F that.

PS > And if anyone is wondering why I'm not partying to get stuff faster it's simply because my play time is far too erratic. For instance, for Ambuscade I'd just:

- Pop into the game
    - Try an Ambuscade if I have the KI already
    - Go afk for half an hour
    - Come back and get a new KI
    - Go afk for another 15 minutes
    - Maybe come back, maybe log out
    - Then try ambuscade again sometime
    - Etc. etc.

No group would ever be able to keep up with that playstyle, which is why I'm a solo player these days. That way I can warp out at any moment I want, and resume trying at any moment as well. If you are in a party you need to consider other people's time and that's just not possible for the most part for me.
    It doesn't matter if solo or party. If the game can't provide what players need in terms of simply basic operational services, how good the game is?

This Ambuscade wait time is more ridiculous than ever, averaging 30-45 min and you people still willing to wait. Congratulations on wasting your life sitting around doing nothing.

Soloist who sign up Ambu then AFK is worse because they may not even know they entered the event and still AFK. I don't blame them, this is one of the byproduct of a crap game architecture.
    (0)

Character
    Fallenevan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    There are 6-8 Legion instances. Waiting is nothing new for this game, it's had lines for events for nearly 15yrs. BCNMs used to have a single instance and if you wanted in for even a mission fight, you had to wait your turn. Complaining rudely about the limitations of a program that is this old is not exactly productive feedback. The wait times aren't even that bad nowadays, even if the queue is 30 pages deep, it's only like 10-15min usually. Your monthly fee is not paying for access to a certain event btw, it's paying for the ability to log in to the game world, which makes your phone analogy inaccurate. Using that analogy, you are complaining because you are reaching a number that is busy, which is no fault of the service provider. ^^
    30 Pages only like 10-15 min wait???
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    30 Pages only like 10-15 min wait???
    They're seemingly basing it on only top-tier players doing it, which is very unrealistic.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This month, the intense lower difficulties are too solo-friendly and it hurts everybody. Competing with soloers for gigas is painful. Hopefully it dies down a little.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast