Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    please note i did right que, that meaning after they added the que for ambuscade.

and yes, there is a empty instance just as theres empty instances for appointments with doctors, legion now has a delay (Between 5-15 seconds)for issuing the entrance pass that waits for a short time before saying you can't get the pass, in that instance of delay checks if theres room, if not, it checks whose leaving, at which point it grants you the legion pass. once you have the pass, the floor is yours the moment you trade the pass to the tomb.

If you want proof, i have 2 chars, which i made sure to test so you see for yourself.
    Char 1 is at the tomb reserving the pass, char 2 is at the same time in mhaura checking the ambuscade tomb to see what current page is at, the mhaura tomb says(Writing short version) incribed to page 892, 870 lights up.

That is 22 spaces being used for ambuscade, at the same time my first char trys 3 times to get a reservation to get into legion and successfully gets it in 7-10 seconds since the option to try again comes up imediently.

At this point its either legion is higher priority than ambuscade or it has its own reserved location

Now then, you'll say its a fluke at best, i then exited legion and retried again
    7 tries to get legion pass this time in about 15-20 seconds
    Mhaura char checked it at 901 -880, that is again 21 space difference.

I posted entirely on experience before and atm got fresh facts concerning this, Legion is higher priority. try it yourself, only costs 2k to get a maximus tomb, check mhaura first to see how many are currently waiting to get inside, if theres more than 10, then if you hp warp, you can be sure you'll get accurate results as long as you don't take more than 10-15minutes from checking the mhaura tomb.
    If there was a reserved instance, then there would be zero wait so long as no one else is already inside. Since even your new data does not support a zero-wait situation, you are forced to agree on the point that there is no reserved instance. The delay you are focusing on has always been there. It's similar to the wait time for entering something like Salvage, nothing special. Getting in while there is a queue in Mhaura is also not impossible, but does depend on luck since I believe that you have to attempt to get the Legion Pass between the time between when one group leaves the instance and the next group enters. If you absolutely, positively have to prove me wrong, then try doing the following and report your results:

1) Char1 @ Mhaura, in queue, auto-accept OFF
    2) Char2 @ Legion entrance
    3) As soon as Char1's page comes up (eligible for entry and holding up the queue XD,) attempt to gain access to Legion w/ Char2.
    4) If Char2 is successful, then drop the entry item and attempt to get another one.
    - If the second attempt is successful as well, then my hypothesis on how Legion entry works now is correct.
    - Failure to gain access at at step3 OR step4 says that the Ambuscade+Legion interaction functions differently than how I believe it functions and is instead primarily timing/luck based.
    (Optional)
    5) Enter Legion w/ Char2, if you still have time before getting booted from the queue after getting the 2nd pass.
    6) Once Char2 is inside the zone, attempt to enter Ambuscade with Char1. Char1 should be unable to enter Ambuscade (assuming that no other group has finished in the meantime and that Char1 has not been removed from the queue due to timeout.)
    - Observe the log to see if Char1 got moved back into the queue or removed due to timeout.

I am curious about the results, but not enough to bother testing myself. ^^;; Regardless of the results, I'm personally not going to be happy with the situation until there IS a reserved instance for Legion itself.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    If there was a reserved instance, then there would be zero wait so long as no one else is already inside. Since even your new data does not support a zero-wait situation, you are forced to agree on the point that there is no reserved instance. The delay you are focusing on has always been there. It's similar to the wait time for entering something like Salvage, nothing special. Getting in while there is a queue in Mhaura is also not impossible, but does depend on luck since I believe that you have to attempt to get the Legion Pass between the time between when one group leaves the instance and the next group enters. If you absolutely, positively have to prove me wrong, then try doing the following and report your results:

1) Char1 @ Mhaura, in queue, auto-accept OFF
    2) Char2 @ Legion entrance
    3) As soon as Char1's page comes up (eligible for entry and holding up the queue XD,) attempt to gain access to Legion w/ Char2.
    4) If Char2 is successful, then drop the entry item and attempt to get another one.
    - If the second attempt is successful as well, then my hypothesis on how Legion entry works now is correct.
    - Failure to gain access at at step3 OR step4 says that the Ambuscade+Legion interaction functions differently than how I believe it functions and is instead primarily timing/luck based.
    (Optional)
    5) Enter Legion w/ Char2, if you still have time before getting booted from the queue after getting the 2nd pass.
    6) Once Char2 is inside the zone, attempt to enter Ambuscade with Char1. Char1 should be unable to enter Ambuscade (assuming that no other group has finished in the meantime and that Char1 has not been removed from the queue due to timeout.)
    - Observe the log to see if Char1 got moved back into the queue or removed due to timeout.

I am curious about the results, but not enough to bother testing myself. ^^;; Regardless of the results, I'm personally not going to be happy with the situation until there IS a reserved instance for Legion itself.
    Nyariko,your a good person, you have contributed so much to this forum so please don't mistake what i am about to say again because i really mean no offence to you.
    But I'm not gonna bother testing that list you just made. my whole point before wasn't coming up with theories how the system works, the whole point was that you can enter legion extremely easy, that you aren't locked out because of ambuscade so don't be afraid to do legion if you need it. exactly what SE is using as its system to enter is irrelivent to me at this stage in concerns to legion, it serves no purpose to grip and fight about it,if you need me to say it-

Don't bother with my legion theorys, because its probably not correct.

However it is not a theory but proven fact that you can enter legion even when ambuscade is at a high que rate, only takes a few trys.

If your curious, go and ask them on a different thread, i poped 2 theorys based on my experience just so that perhaps someone would have some idea that is in place so people can enter.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Nyariko,your a good person, you have contributed so much to this forum so please don't mistake what i am about to say again because i really mean no offence to you.
    But I'm not gonna bother testing that list you just made. my whole point before wasn't coming up with theories how the system works, the whole point was that you can enter legion extremely easy, that you aren't locked out because of ambuscade so don't be afraid to do legion if you need it. exactly what SE is using as its system to enter is irrelivent to me at this stage in concerns to legion, it serves no purpose to grip and fight about it,if you need me to say it-

Don't bother with my legion theorys, because its probably not correct.

However it is not a theory but proven fact that you can enter legion even when ambuscade is at a high que rate, only takes a few trys.

If your curious, go and ask them on a different thread, i poped 2 theorys based on my experience just so that perhaps someone would have some idea that is in place so people can enter.
    XD Appreciate the compliment, and no offense taken. That was just in case you were going to take the hard line and felt the need to prove yourself right. ^^;; I'm not overly concerned about trying to get into Legion too often these days unless its the 3rd-4th week of the month anyway just so I can avoid the Ambuscade rush anyway.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenE View Post
    Dear DEV and Players,

Every time there a event created or updated (i.e. Ambuscade), players suffer seriously wait time , or you simply have to wait just because someone is ahead of you.

Why these events are created this way?

I am not here to pay monthly AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT just to play an popular event. If I pay for my wireless phone I expect I can make calls. That's that simple.

DEV, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? Why these events are still created in such old school fashion in 2017 and players have to suffer just because they want to enjoy some popular event? Blaming on the hardware or software capability is not acceptable, to some extend, having a game architecture like Ambuscade which there is only ONE instance is a complete joke compare to todays MMO.
    I've never had to wait more than 2 minutes for ambuscade. Perhaps don't play on the reddit approved zerg hivemind server.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3