Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Guessing didn't play during the 3+ day wait period for a spawned NM, having LS people rotate through camping wait times for it. Those were not fun, but make waiting for 15~30 minutes seem like a snap.
    (1)

Do Intense and Regular Ambuscades share instances? Because the thing I originally thought SE was going to do was making Regular solo friendly (in a separate set of instances) and Intense party exclusive. But that ended up not being the case.

PS > And about Ambuscade adjustments, why not just make it so Regular is a nice soloable 15 min battle, while making Intense a party exclusive 30 mins battle instead? Also, it should take 30 battles (avg. 1 Ambuscade per day) at the max solo difficulty to obtain the full +1 armor set. With the lowest difficulty requiring 3 fights per day to obtain, or 90 wins total, rather than the current 290 fights required just for a set of +1 armor.

PPS > Obviously, if you wanted to focus on all the other rewards besides the armor you'd be best served trying to get on board the Intense party train, but for casual players that only wanted the armor solo Ambuscade should be a viable option.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 04-09-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Do Intense and Regular Ambuscades share instances? Because the thing I originally thought SE was going to do was making Regular solo friendly (in a separate set of instances) and Intense party exclusive. But that ended up not being the case.

PS > And about Ambuscade adjustments, why not just make it so Regular is a nice soloable 15 min battle, while making Intense a party exclusive 30 mins battle instead? Also, it should take 30 battles (avg. 1 Ambuscade per day) at the max solo difficulty to obtain the full +1 armor set. With the lowest difficulty requiring 3 fights per day to obtain, or 90 wins total, rather than the current 290 fights required just for a set of +1 armor.

PPS > Obviously, if you wanted to focus on all the other rewards besides the armor you'd be best served trying to get on board the Intense party train, but for casual players that only wanted the armor solo Ambuscade should be a viable option.
    They do share the same instance, which also includes the actual "Legion" event. There was never any indication that "solo-friendly" had anything to do with the backend. In this case, it meant "V2 VE exists"... When they first added Ambuscade, there were fewer instances available as well, and when they added the queue system, it effectively locked out the actual Legion event since the queue appeared to have a higher priority than the event that the zone was actually made for and it was impossible to enter if even one party was in the queue...

Unfortunately, I don't believe that it's possible for them to do an overhaul of the system at the level you are asking for. Keep in mind that even with a pretty big outcry on both sides of the forums here, the usual Taru still only accepts one upgrade mat at a time for capes because it would be too much work to change... Devs stance on the monthly armor sets has always seemed to me to be "NQ is fine for soloers. HQ is for groups." With the newly added focus on Gallantry, it seems to be the case even moreso.

I'm also actually somewhat pleasantly surprised that there has been no rageposting about how 10/20 metals are locked behind gallantry. XD Kinda figured the solo-enthusiasts would be freaking out about that one...
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-09-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

No point complaining about something you've already given up on.

I mean sure, it would be nice to be able to obtain 20 metals with hallmarks, but when getting the first 10 require over 200 runs on normal there's no point in even thinking about the other 10. Instead I just think SE can take their event and shov... *ehem* I mean I rather focus on other content instead.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Guessing didn't play during the 3+ day wait period for a spawned NM, having LS people rotate through camping wait times for it. Those were not fun, but make waiting for 15~30 minutes seem like a snap.
    Those were stupid, and so is waiting 15 minutes because only ~8 instances exist on an MMO.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    se needs to stop copying blizzard nq for solo and hq for group is the same as low tier gear for 5 man heroic and hq for 15 man mythic lol
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They do share the same instance, which also includes the actual "Legion" event. There was never any indication that "solo-friendly" had anything to do with the backend. In this case, it meant "V2 VE exists"... When they first added Ambuscade, there were fewer instances available as well, and when they added the queue system, it effectively locked out the actual Legion event since the queue appeared to have a higher priority than the event that the zone was actually made for and it was impossible to enter if even one party was in the queue...

Unfortunately, I don't believe that it's possible for them to do an overhaul of the system at the level you are asking for. Keep in mind that even with a pretty big outcry on both sides of the forums here, the usual Taru still only accepts one upgrade mat at a time for capes because it would be too much work to change... Devs stance on the monthly armor sets has always seemed to me to be "NQ is fine for soloers. HQ is for groups." With the newly added focus on Gallantry, it seems to be the case even moreso.

I'm also actually somewhat pleasantly surprised that there has been no rageposting about how 10/20 metals are locked behind gallantry. XD Kinda figured the solo-enthusiasts would be freaking out about that one...
    actually, legion has higher priority,from personal experience DURING peak hour,there is some wait sometimes and takes a few trys but i'v plowed my way into legion (Legion doesn't have a que wait like ambuscade, it has a delay before canceling, during this delay it simply trys to squeeze you in if a party leaves ambuscade when your trying to enter (During the delay))
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    actually, legion has higher priority,from personal experience DURING peak hour,there is some wait sometimes and takes a few trys but i'v plowed my way into legion (Legion doesn't have a que wait like ambuscade, it has a delay before canceling, during this delay it simply trys to squeeze you in if a party leaves ambuscade when your trying to enter (During the delay))
    Actually, that is a new thing. XD It well and truly DID function as a total lockout when Ambuscade was launched. I tried spamming entrance to Legion for 3hrs straight a week after Ambuscade started and was not able to get in at that time.. Would've kept going but my hands were too tired to bother at that point. @_@;;;

... You do realize that even what you say happens is equivalent to "Legion has lower priority at all times"? The only way you can get in is if there is an empty instance and the Ambuscade people are being slow at accepting entrance or if there is no queue... Since the queue will automatically move the next party inside if their leader has auto-accept on immediately after a party leaves, it's going to simply be not possible for a Legioner to get in. Any success you've seen doing so was due to amazing split second luck and not something that will be reliably reproduced during peak Ambuscade times.

I called for it when Ambuscade launched, but I'm gonna say it again: There needs to be a at least one instance of the zone 100% reserved for the Legion event itself. It's rather asinine for the event that the zone was created for and is named after to be effectively shutdown due to the reuse of the zone for an unrelated activity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-14-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Actually, that is a new thing. XD It well and truly DID function as a total lockout when Ambuscade was launched. I tried spamming entrance to Legion for 3hrs straight a week after Ambuscade started and was not able to get in at that time.. Would've kept going but my hands were too tired to bother at that point. @_@;;;

... You do realize that even what you say happens is equivalent to "Legion has lower priority at all times"? The only way you can get in is if there is an empty instance and the Ambuscade people are being slow at accepting entrance or if there is no queue... Since the queue will automatically move the next party inside if their leader has auto-accept on immediately after a party leaves, it's going to simply be not possible for a Legioner to get in. Any success you've seen doing so was due to amazing split second luck and not something that will be reliably reproduced during peak Ambuscade times.

I called for it when Ambuscade launched, but I'm gonna say it again: There needs to be a at least one instance of the zone 100% reserved for the Legion event itself. It's rather asinine for the event that the zone was created for and is named after to be effectively shutdown due to the reuse of the zone for an unrelated activity.
    please note i did right que, that meaning after they added the que for ambuscade.

and yes, there is a empty instance just as theres empty instances for appointments with doctors, legion now has a delay (Between 5-15 seconds)for issuing the entrance pass that waits for a short time before saying you can't get the pass, in that instance of delay checks if theres room, if not, it checks whose leaving, at which point it grants you the legion pass. once you have the pass, the floor is yours the moment you trade the pass to the tomb.

If you want proof, i have 2 chars, which i made sure to test so you see for yourself.
    Char 1 is at the tomb reserving the pass, char 2 is at the same time in mhaura checking the ambuscade tomb to see what current page is at, the mhaura tomb says(Writing short version) incribed to page 892, 870 lights up.

That is 22 spaces being used for ambuscade, at the same time my first char trys 3 times to get a reservation to get into legion and successfully gets it in 7-10 seconds since the option to try again comes up imediently.

At this point its either legion is higher priority than ambuscade or it has its own reserved location

Now then, you'll say its a fluke at best, i then exited legion and retried again
    7 tries to get legion pass this time in about 15-20 seconds
    Mhaura char checked it at 901 -880, that is again 21 space difference.

I posted entirely on experience before and atm got fresh facts concerning this, Legion is higher priority. try it yourself, only costs 2k to get a maximus tomb, check mhaura first to see how many are currently waiting to get inside, if theres more than 10, then if you hp warp, you can be sure you'll get accurate results as long as you don't take more than 10-15minutes from checking the mhaura tomb.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This does seem true tbh.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast