Player

Abyssea Key Items?

For NMs like Alfard, Apademak and other Abyssean NMs that we aren't able to obtain pops through a treasure chest, is there any consideration to allow players to bypass at least some of the lower-tier NMs through treasure chests? There's a huge timesink already in getting the Riftborn Boulders or extra Riftdross/Cinder so lowering the timesink to getting it to 90 might be a good idea.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Terasan View Post
    For NMs like Alfard, Apademak and other Abyssean NMs that we aren't able to obtain pops through a treasure chest, is there any consideration to allow players to bypass at least some of the lower-tier NMs through treasure chests? There's a huge timesink already in getting the Riftborn Boulders or extra Riftdross/Cinder so lowering the timesink to getting it to 90 might be a good idea.
    i can understand you wanting to get it in the golden boxs, that mandy in tahrongi is a nighmare to farm, when i changed from monster farming to the gold chests, i halved the time if not less for all the needed pops, honestly when you farm for 3hrs and only get 1/4 KIs to pop it, you know the thing is just so wrong
    farm 3 drops for one pop to pop another pop which also needs another 2 more drops, how does that work? and just for 1/4 KIs at that
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually, most all the KI drops (rare and those in Key Items >> Abyssea) are already available in gold boxes. I know all the ones to pop Dhorme Khimaira are in gold boxes (Sis frag, HQ marid hide, Snow god core), along with the Torn Khimaira Wing KI you'd get from the Dh Khim.
    And all 4 KIs to pop Chloris already come in the gold boxes; it's how I solo farmed about half my Chloris buds.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Actually, most all the KI drops (rare and those in Key Items >> Abyssea) are already available in gold boxes. I know all the ones to pop Dhorme Khimaira are in gold boxes (Sis frag, HQ marid hide, Snow god core), along with the Torn Khimaira Wing KI you'd get from the Dh Khim.
    And all 4 KIs to pop Chloris already come in the gold boxes; it's how I solo farmed about half my Chloris buds.
    not all monsters KIs are from the gold boxs, chloris was my example of being thankful its availability.

I believe the OP is requesting all remaining KIs or items that are needed to pop NMs directly that are needed for empyrean weapons are to be available
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This was what I was asking for from this thread http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ge-Gold-chests

I was targeting Key Items for certain NMs that have to do with Empyrean Weapon upgrading to be included in large gold chests

Apademak popped by "Torn Khimaira Wing", dropped by Dhrome Khimaira in Abyssea uleguerand
    Orthrus popped with "Steaming cerberus tongue", dropped by Amarok in Abyssea Altepa
    Alfard popped with "Venomous hydra fang", dropped by Ningishzida Abyssea Grauberg

Minax Bugard drops "Bloodstained bugard fang" which is one of the three KIs used to spawn Sobek in Abyssea Misareaux

There's alot of Key Item triggers that pop other NMs for empyrean weapon upgrades, so why not include the rest that involves upgrading empyrean weapons? Examples for NMs that has empyrean weapon upgrades have full popset KI triggers in large gold chests such as Isgebind, Dragua, Itzpapltl,Cierin-Croin,

I don't see no harm in adding the above KIs I've mentioned above on top as it will significantly reduce downtime for those who prefer to farm KI triggers through large gold pyxis. There's no reason now that those KIs should be left out at this point since the NMs have Empyrean Weapon upgrade materials as there's other NMs that do have pop sets obtainable from large gold chests.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 04-21-2017 at 05:32 AM.