Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I'm not trying to change the mind of anyone who wants to make their own truth through SE replies. I only comment on the reality that we don't know 100% through theory. Feeling like the forum needs to be policed for suggestions because it is eating potential dev and community rep time is ridiculous to me.
    We are well past the heyday of development for this game.. There are only a handful of people still working on it, and I believe that it's an exercise in futility to expect/ask for anything significantly difficult to implement. I brought up FP only to point out that, as far as I know, they have not said that they have anyone left on staff who is capable of creating art/models/animation.

At this point, I believe that it is far more productive to tailor our requests to work within the stated/known limitations that the dev team has to work with. Please think of my critical posts not as policing, but instead splashing cold water on the OP to wake them up from their dream. There are just not enough people on staff to make many dreams reality at this point. It has nothing to do w/ ComRep time and I would be ecstatic if we heard from them more frequently. Dev time is only a concern for me because the devs have said it's a concern for them.

In addition to an on/off switch (which I am in support of,) the OP also asked to move the AG effect from the static center of the character model to the weapons themselves (and weapons move around a whole lot more than our center mass so it's likely there'd have to be adjustments made directly to the animation of the AG effect itself.) That sounds to me like a task with whole lot of time/effort involved, with zero impact on how anything actually works, so does not sound like a good idea to me even if you were to ignore all of the technical limitations involved. I'd prefer the dev team focus on bug fixes and adding new stuff to do and/or collect.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Until SE says there is no graphical changes whatsoever and to not suggest any changes to it. It is speaking for them through guesswork and reinterpretation.
    True, but by the fact they screwed GEO and RUN over with no afterglow but the same ridiculous cost to upgrade, it's a fairly informed guess.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    An informed guess is still a guess in the end. Doesn't make it a fact or something the company said themselves.

All it boils down to is if SE wants to and can provide something, they will. Calculating what content we receive versus cosmetics in an update and stating it as factual information is just misrepresentation.

All these paragraphs over a minor graphical suggestion. The need to feel vindicated and right is real. It's ok to disagree.
    (0)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Can't you make a second relic of the AG one and keep it as 75? It would fix the solution. Have an AG and a non-AG weapon and bam! Lockstyle the non the AG one with no loss and no fuss!
    (0)
    Last edited by Numquam; 04-08-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Can't you make a second relic of the AG one and keep it as 75? It would fix the solution. Have an AG and a non-AG weapon and bam! Lockstyle the non the AG one with no loss and no fuss!
    I've never tried myself, but I've been told by many others that you can not have two copies of any same-name REMA, regardless of upgrade status.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I've never tried myself, but I've been told by many others that you can not have two copies of any same-name REMA, regardless of upgrade status.
    This, the rare tag is exclusive to the weapon regardless the level, the minute you get to where it becomes the named weapon you can not continue or collect it unless you drop your current.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    This, the rare tag is exclusive to the weapon regardless the level, the minute you get to where it becomes the named weapon you can not continue or collect it unless you drop your current.
    actually, trial of magian dumps that concept as long as your not doing the current trial at that time, same weapon, different trial.

however you are right, the "Rare" status prevents weapons of the same name being attained twice, a +1 or +2 must be added to the name in order to change it to something else
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    actually, trial of magian dumps that concept as long as your not doing the current trial at that time, same weapon, different trial.

however you are right, the "Rare" status prevents weapons of the same name being attained twice, a +1 or +2 must be added to the name in order to change it to something else
    The Trial weapons that can be duped are only tagged EX. You can't have a lv85 Twashtar and a 119III one is my understanding.
    (0)

Player
    Joy! All the responses.

Ok, i feel it's time to define what is most important to me.
    To relocate the center of the Afterglow source was just an idea i had. Something we could discuss, nothing more.

What is REALLY important to me, is that SE should expect that not anything they implement is wanted by everyone.
    Like i don't like that people abuse "/lockstyle" to lock sets they don't wear or never could wear. And you are/i am disappointed that you can't see the names of the armors on "/check" that the player seem to wear from the outsite view. (I wish i could disable lockstyle on other chars outside of fights also. :P)

>>>I will be completely happy, if SE would implement an on/off switch to disable the Afterglow animation on your char, like they did on the Master stars. (Which i disabled already. ;P)<<<
    And honestly, why are glows so special? I don't even want a glowing Lu Shang's or Ebisu +1 fishing rod, when i ever get the normal versions. <.<

I just hope SE's development team does read this, so i can disable Afterglow later.
    Thanks so far for the responses!
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 04-17-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    personally idc about were the glow comes from but they should make first item equipped glows 1st. as i'm tired of having to lockstyle my degen to allow my afterglowed shields to glow.=P i wanna see my 4 billion gill afterglow on my ochain when i get done with it please!
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3