Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Afterglow effect - option to disable or to move it to the weapon only?

Hello folks!

I'm working on the Afterglowed Ryunohige, but i'm troubled about the Afterglow animation itself.
    I only do the quest for the maxed damage of Ryunohige, but is there no option to disable the shining animation from your inner body? There should be. SE should implement that if not, thought.
    I also think that the glow should come from the weapon and not from an undefined source of your inner body. Let's SE force to do the changes to the Afterglow animation!
    What do you think? :P
    (3)

Player
    No animation changes please. I'd rather not lose an update's worth of content in order to adjust AG animation.. >_>

I thought that glow effects were already able to be turned off.. though I don't remember if it was a config option or a /command... If AG aren't included in that, then that might be simple enough to add to hope for I guess?
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Walkul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyclia View Post
    Hello folks!

I'm working on the Afterglowed Ryunohige, but i'm troubled about the Afterglow animation itself.
    I only do the quest for the maxed damage of Ryunohige, but is there no option to disable the shining animation from your inner body? There should be. SE should implement that if not, thought.
    I also think that the glow should come from the weapon and not from an undefined source of your inner body. Let's SE force to do the changes to the Afterglow animation!
    What do you think? :P
    this makes no sense to me, the shiny animation is like a badge showing off all that you have accomplished, but whatever, you can just lockstyle another weapon of the same type and you wont get the animation
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkul View Post
    this makes no sense to me, the shiny animation is like a badge showing off all that you have accomplished, but whatever, you can just lockstyle another weapon of the same type and you wont get the animation
    Maybe some people don't care about the "badge"

Also that is an awful idea, if you don't want the aura to show lockstyle it to a completely different weapon.

A non-glowing weapon already exists, all they'd need is a command to reference that one instead of the aura one.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The game isn't gonna implode upon itself because someone requests for a cosmetic or animation change. They can continue to release content and do these minor things if chosen to do so based on track record of cosmetic changes. Let SE decide on that. Instead just disagree without having to extrapolate on hidden factors.

To my knowledge, it's been brought up on the forums before with no comment [Link] and the only glow option I recall being added to be removed was avatars/special trusts.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    The game isn't gonna implode upon itself because someone requests for a cosmetic or animation change. They can continue to release content and do these minor things if chosen to do so based on track record of cosmetic changes. Let SE decide on that. Instead just disagree without having to extrapolate on hidden factors.

To my knowledge, it's been brought up on the forums before with no comment [Link] and the only glow option I recall being added to be removed was avatars/special trusts.
    Ok, that avatar/trust thing must be what I was thinking of. ><;; For some reason I just fuzzily remembered it as "turn off all glowy effects". Thanks for the clarification. ^^

If you look thru or kept up with the last few years of devposts, you'd probably notice the same thing frequently popping up (paraphrased): "We can't do >that< because it would be the work equivalent of an entire monthly update." Yes, the game's not gonna implode if we hear it yet again, but it makes sense to avoid asking for things in a way that is likely to get that canned response since that also means that our suggestions are being trashed by default. We also know that there are hardware-related difficulties in adding any new models/animations at this point due to lack of PS2 devkits, which is why we haven't gotten anything actually "new" other than the three Master Trial weapons in the past 2yrs. "Adjustments" to Afterglow animations would almost certainly fall into that category, which is why I suggested tacking gear glow display onto the same command/config that turns off avatar/trust glows. I believe that it would be a simpler task to connect AG animations to the aura blocker command than it would be to directly change anything regarding animations.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I honestly can't see the logic; esp with other options exist within the game that'll accomplish the same thing... /lockstyle. So, short answer is "no" to OP.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I honestly can't see the logic; esp with other options exist within the game that'll accomplish the same thing... /lockstyle. So, short answer is "no" to OP.
    Because they DON'T exist if you want the look of the weapon. but not the glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Ok, that avatar/trust thing must be what I was thinking of. ><;; For some reason I just fuzzily remembered it as "turn off all glowy effects". Thanks for the clarification. ^^

If you look thru or kept up with the last few years of devposts, you'd probably notice the same thing frequently popping up (paraphrased): "We can't do >that< because it would be the work equivalent of an entire monthly update."
    The difference is the weapons already exist without the glow, they could just have it reference that weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 04-03-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Because they DON'T exist if you want the look of the weapon. but not the glow.

The difference is the weapons already exist without the glow, they could just have it reference that weapon.
    You are right that /lockstyle is not a solution to the OP's request. Aren't all REMA unique models after all? Since we can't have two copies of the same one, there is no way to /lockstyle an identical model weapon in that case.

Also, it sounds to me like the OP requested a repositioning of the location of the glow effect, which would indeed require some likely intensive animation work in order to do. Personally, I think it's feasible, and likely rather simple to implement, to add AG-type glow effects to the currently existing no-glow option to allow for an on/off switch.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There should be an option to disable afterglow visuals in general (like for avatar glows), if only for the fact that they can negatively impact game performance. If I'm in a high population area where the framerate is already unstable (or playing with weather/shadows on), afterglows seem drop it further. Yeah you can lockstyle your REMA into something else, but you can't force other players to do the same.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast