Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Lets BUFF Ukko's Fury!

Lets talk about Ukko's fury for the moment. I know Scythe, H2H and Katana weapon skills need some love as well but that is other story.

Our dev-team balance Great axe in this way: high base damage, good SC properties and weak WS. The problem with this balance: WAR is invited for 30 seconds MS-ZERGS-TP-SPAM. SMN, COR, BLU, SAM can work a lot better for Coordinated SC, solo/low-man stuff. Everyone knows Ragnarok is the weapon WAR will be using in zergs even if you have CHANGO, AG UKON or AG CONQUEROR.

In before "CONQUEROR" is better for soloing trash. There are jobs can solo a lot better than WAR and soloing you can be using Aganoshe/Zulfiqar you dont need an AG-STATUS-DD weapon for that. If you make an AG weapon is for use that during NOTABLE fights.

Using the last WAR spreadsheet with optimal gear sets for Great axe vs Great Sword.

AG Ukon = 4939 DPS (Yes the 50% Occ deals triple damage is there)
    AG Ragnarok = 6607 DPS

Not counting Mighty-Strikes or the numbers will look even more in favor of Ragnarok-Resolution Spam.

Long time ago our dev-team made this Nerf to Ukko's fury. In abyssea this WS was too strong but is not the case anymore.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post258456

Even reverting this nerf is not enough for Ukko's fury can be competitive vs Resolution.

My BUFF idea for Ukko's fury

Ukko's fury 1000% TP = 30% Critical hit chance and 30% Critical hit Damage
    Ukko's fury 2000% TP = 50% Critical hit chance and 50% Critical hit Damage
    Ukko's fury 3000% TP = 80% Critical hit chance and 80% Critical hit Damage

SpreadSheet results

Ukko's fury perfect gear after this BUFF = 5571 DPS spamming Tp at 1000%, Using Tp at 1750% = 6226 DPS, Using TP at 2750% = 6821 DPS. Ragnarok resolution at 1000% spam = 6607 DPS

In a realistic scenario you will be using Ukko's at 1000%. Even after of this buff Ukko's fury still not being on pair of Resolution but at least you will be more Close. This idea is not a Ragnarok killer is just to reduce distances.
    (4)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 03-31-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Player
    Reverting Ukko's and Smite nerf is a must at this point. That should've been done months ago.
    (2)

Player
    Gimme back my 1h axe AOE WS too please... It's not like it's in any way too strong in today's game.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I honestly could not agree more. V. Smite and Ukko's Fury deserve reverting. Absolutely. I see CDC doing rediculously stupidly high dmg and honestly I'm kind of shocked SE hasn't come after Blue Mage or CDC at this point. Not that I'm asking for them to, but honestly they have went after Rudra's Storm, Ukko's Fury, and Victory Smite fairly quickly when people started complaining about them. So why isn't say CDC getting the hammer? I think the goal at this point in XI should be to just do more buffing of certain weapon skills rather than nerfing. A average player is expected to go through a LOT of nonsense when playing a job before he/she is accepted into a event before a Blue Mage. They need nearly master rank ideally, the best weapons that take a long time to make, and hopefully a little word of mouth that you're a competent player. Average Blue's generally get right in. Come on Square. Enough is enough. I have a average Blue Mage. Nothing special and I generally see anywhere from 6k to 14k on tough NMs. On easier ones like from old content like delve or some ambuscade im not shocked when I see 20k+. These are averages I rarely ever see on my Warrior.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It wont' happen the way your writing it out. Better update would be to change both UF and VS to copy fTP like Vorpal / CDC and other multi-hits. This would have the effect of enabling multiple methods to stacking damage on them. Take a look at Upheaval if you want to deal real damage with a Great Axe.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    Lets BUFF Ukko's Fury!
    Why? Ukko's isn't the only RMEA with a worthless WS, why does Ukkonsavara deserve special attention when so many other RMEA are in the same boat? If they're going to boost Ukko's they should boost many many other WS as well. That's not likely to happen with the small development team.

If you want to do damage with a GA use Upheaval, just like THFs with Mandau have to use Rudras's instead of Mercy Stroke, etc.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It wont' happen the way your writing it out. Better update would be to change both UF and VS to copy fTP like Vorpal / CDC and other multi-hits. This would have the effect of enabling multiple methods to stacking damage on them. Take a look at Upheaval if you want to deal real damage with a Great Axe.

That would be glorious they allow Ukko's fury/Victory Smite could copy the FTP in all the hits. Im glad a WAR with your knowedge is posting here im sure you can contribute a lot to this discussion =).

Ukko's fury at 6.0 FTP paired with a 50% Critical hit damage gear build, will be completely broken. Welcome abyssea 2.0 UF/VS - (2.0 First hit, 2.0 Second hit, 2.0 WAR nearly of 100% DA rate, Not even counting the WSD-gear)

Victory' Smite. MNK can obtain over 35% Triple attack on gear and 30% DA. (2.25 first hit, 2.25 second hit, 2.25 third hit, 2.25 four hit = 9.0 FTP, 11.25 DA, 13.5 TA). If you dont want follow the TA path ok just add 30% Critical hit damage gear build. MNK will be the new bandwagon job and will make obsolete nearly of other DD jobs LOL

This suggestion is mostly find other ways increase the damage of Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite without make them broken WS.

Another BUFF suggestion

Ukko's Fury/Victory Smite = 35% Critical hit rate & Critical hit Damage at 1000% TP, 45% at 2000% tp and 55% at 3000% TP. This buff will be enough to make them viable.

If you want test that for yourself go to abyssea, do not put crour buffs and use the RR-SS atmas and see for yourself the HILAROUS numbers UF/VS obtain with this buff
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 04-14-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Why? Ukko's isn't the only RMEA with a worthless WS, why does Ukkonsavara deserve special attention when so many other RMEA are in the same boat? If they're going to boost Ukko's they should boost many many other WS as well. That's not likely to happen with the small development team.

If you want to do damage with a GA use Upheaval, just like THFs with Mandau have to use Rudras's instead of Mercy Stroke, etc.
    Sorry bro for the moment i just want talk about Ukko's Fury or Victory Smite.
    (0)