Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    you are one of a few that consider gain exp to have any importances, when they schedule a maintance, they schedule, get over it, don't whine over something like that, where ever you live, or w/e your doing, at some point someone is gonna get hit with the maintance, the world is a massive place, try feeling for the people who get hit with it other times.. it landed this time during something you want to do, whooptido, now realise there are thousands of other people that get affected during other days, hell someone probably woulda been pissed if they did it on a tuesday,

YOUR NOT THE ONLY PLAYER PLAYING THIS GAME!!!!
    I never said or thought I was the only one playing this game, in any way shape or form! I'm sorry you are having trouble reading what I am saying. Changing from Tuesday to Wednesday wouldn't have been too hard would it have been?

FYI: Changing it to Wednesday at 08:00 JST (in the morning Japanese time not the middle of the night, as some wrote) would have affected both Crack Treasure Chests and Vanquish Aquans, which are much less important in making gil and/or unity points than Gain XP.

As for Gain XP having importance, maybe you don't see its importance. Several players on Ragnarok use it to gain up to 16M of gil a week. 16M * 52 week = 832M gil/year ... that is a bit of change, isn't it? Personally, I solo Gain XP and only earn 2 to 3M per session, or 6 to 9M per week, or 300 to 450M per year. Why do I go for less gil? I also like to solo Job Points during this time, as I find it relaxing.

It is the only LTC where one can make enough gil in a year to do 2 to several REMA weapons.

On top of the gil from the sparks, it is a chance to both buy special material and keep a full tank for Unity Concord fights!

Again, though, all I'm asking is SE take everyone's play into consideration when making non-urgent / non-monthly maintenance decisions. I don't think this is too much to ask and don't see why you think it is too much to ask.

I would like to understand your position, but saying I am advocating them working the graveyard is NOT a valid position -- as I am NOT advocating them working graveyard in anyway shape for form! Saying this is my position shows you don't understand my request / suggestion.
    (0)

Player
    IBHalliwell: I do not understand why my comment about graveyard shifts seems to be bothering you. :/ It was somewhat in response to Raydeus's comment about how maints used to mess w/ EU players. Again, I was focusing on time frame, not day (and shifting by a full 24hrs was not mentioned in your original post.) I agree that moving by a full day would not be likely to cause any additional issues, though I still think that it is most likely determined by labor availability and not something the dev team has full control over.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    IBHalliwell: I do not understand why my comment about graveyard shifts seems to be bothering you. :/ It was somewhat in response to Raydeus's comment about how maints used to mess w/ EU players. Again, I was focusing on time frame, not day (and shifting by a full 24hrs was not mentioned in your original post.) I agree that moving by a full day would not be likely to cause any additional issues, though I still think that it is most likely determined by labor availability and not something the dev team has full control over.
    The reason the graveyard shift bothers me is because it isn't what I was saying or thinking. It is the exact opposite of what I was thinking and trying to say - 100% opposite.

As for the 24 hour shift, I didn't include it in the original message because I didn't think it would be necessary. What I was asking SE was to consider players, when making non-urgent / non-monthly maintenance decisions.

I didn't suggest the 24 hour delay fix, as my goal was only to ask for them to include customers / players in their decision making process. Leaving it up to them to make the decision, while including consideration for players is ALL I WANTED TO SAY.

I gave the 24 hour delay example ONLY once I realized people thought I was asking the Japanese to work at say midnight their time. NO WAY WOULD I WANT OR THINK THEY SHOULD WORK AT MIDNIGHT THEIR TIME, especially when a simple 24 hour delay would be so simple.

As for the development team, I suspect they didn't control the hardware upgrade from the start, but did have control over the day, itself, but after someone earlier set the day.

The start to finish would be management, as the control of the budget and planning of events is higher up the food chain. They plan things far enough out a day change wouldn't matter to them during the initial planning phase.

It is easier to make good and cost effective decisions, when considering everything from the beginning. Customers are something a company should consider from the first day of the planning cycle. Isn't it?????
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 03-29-2017 at 02:49 PM.

4. 03-29-2017 08:56 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2