Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf SMN

Player

Nerf SMN

Alright look, I know you're famous for this, but it's time to realize something.

There are more aeonics made in a single day since the Geo"fix" than were made in an entire month the way it was.

This is beyond disgustingly broken. Look if you want people to care, SMN needed to be "fixed" already, no more delay. At this rate everyone will have all 16 aeonics by summer and reisenjima will officially be dead content if you don't move your *****.

((and you should take away every Aeonic built with Astral Conduit to prove a point that exploiting something so broken has consequences))
    (2)
    Last edited by Khiril; 03-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.

You realise your title is ASKING for summoner to be nerfed right? Your title pretty much means you think smn sucks and you want it nerfed.

Aeonic isn't easy if you don't have the right group or able to make random groups, only true endgame LSes have it extremely easy to get, and even that takes time for them and they actually make the effort to level jobs, JP them and equip em to be event ready, so yeah, they kinda deserve it.

Personally i'd be happy with one aeonic at this point but its odvious that ain't happening soon because ITS NOT EASY TO GET UNLESS YOUR ALREADY IN A GREAT GROUP.
    Also, aeonic isn't ment for massive DDing, nor built for advancing a specific job's abilitys.
    very few aeonics actually have WSs that don't suck and they don't get a 10-40% increase in the appropriate WS dmg like REM weapons.

They are designed to speed tp build while boosting SC and MB dmg (Which means its gonna offer very little for melee burns except for store tp and tp bonus and magic dmg (Which is more for SCs too).

SMN is already a strong job, and the nerf they did to BP tp scaling before did cause some problems, however they still deal a great deal and are still used for a major amount of events. they are still stronger and more damage dealing than alot of DD jobs, they buff at a higher rate and duration than alot of mage jobs, they even have their own unique buffs and debuffs as well.

So before you rant on about how smn needs a boost because of aeonic (Which is so unrelivent), go and see what a real smn can do and you'll realise they are stronger than you think. Get a mythic, 40-60% of jobs get a mythic to make em stronger than everyone else, smn's mythic AGIII does just that too. if you want to do even more dmg, sub sch, get yourself a "Seidr Cotehardie" and MB along with your smn, you won't lose any mp with that body piece when MBing a non resiste spell and they dmg is very high if you have sch subed for dark arts. 80% of smn staffs which are aimed for avatar buffs come with nuking capabilitys for the smn itself too. all honesty "Seidr Cotehardie" probably makes smn OP if you use it correctly
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Alright look, I know you're famous for this, but it's time to realize something.

There are more aeonics made in a single day since the Geo"fix" than were made in an entire month the way it was.

This is beyond disgustingly broken. Look if you want people to care, SMN needed to be "fixed" already, no more delay. At this rate everyone will have all 16 aeonics by summer and reisenjima will officially be dead content if you don't move your *****.

((and you should take away every Aeonic built with Astral Conduit to prove a point that exploiting something so broken has consequences))
    Do you have some kind of anger problem?

Do you really think a company is going to respond or acknowledge your rude posts? You're talking to people at the end of the day.
    (3)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Uh.... Songen......

Nerf SMN
    You somehow took this, to mean...

So before you rant on about how smn needs a boost because of aeonic
    This?

lol. OP says SMN is too powerful, you're trying to say that the OP is saying SMN needs a boost.

......wut?
    (3)

Player
    NERF NOTHING. BUFF EVERYONE ELSE.
    ^ My standard stance on this issue.
    I've yet to see any reasonable, rational, well-thought out or backed-by-evidence "Nerf XXX" posts in the 2yrs since I've been back....

Just because you see groups gravitating towards the ACspam setup does not mean that SMN needs to be nerfed. I honestly see a lot more TPburn groups running thru than SMNburn whenever I'm in Reisenjima. Even so, bandwagoning will happen in any class-based MMORPG depending on the content being done and so long as it's not due to a bug/exploit, it's not the type of thing that should be nerfed until there is data that supports doing so due to an overwhelming advantage over other classes in the same role. Do you have any actual evidence to support your request?

Resentment because >you< were not involved in a win does not justify trying to tear down a job you don't play because they were.
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Uh.... Songen......

You somehow took this, to mean...

This?

lol. OP says SMN is too powerful, you're trying to say that the OP is saying SMN needs a boost.

......wut?
    First: YOU called your title "Nerf SMN", so i presume your a smn who feel's your far too strong, if not, why talk about a job that doesn't concern you.

Second:OP means overpowered. I'v seen some incredible summoners out there that put the time and effort (Which is what your suppose to do if you want a OP [overpowered] job). they come on par of some of the most powerful DDs out there, however even they have their limits much like everything else

Problem here is rather than resolve a issue where other jobs need to be fixed to come on par of end game, you intend on bringing down another jobs for your own reasons

Now then, as far as aeonics go. SMN isn't used for all aeonic events, infact, from the ones i'v seen, they are rarely used, Melee burns and blm death burns with bst covering the multi-mob burns. these are the current things being used (On odin). SMN is used for stuff, event aeonic stuff and could be used for more than most, however don't feel it justifys saying it needs a further nerf, they already got one a few months ago, they don't need another. at this point i'm guessing you hated all GEO's too and wished they had a bigger nerf before than what they got. I may not be in aeonic groups, but i have spent so much time in reisei and escha next to those groups to say i RARELY ever see em.

How about you come up with idea's to bring other jobs up to a higher level rather than bring another down. the boost brd got was massive, but it still needs a bit more, better to boost other jobs to come on par rather than bring down another job because you don't play it or you don't want to equip it

btw, you missed to point entirely, you think smn's needs a nerf simply because on your server they are used alot towards getting a aeonic (Which isn't actually a OP WS weapon, its more a SC weapon and tp build weapon), how does that affect you? even if they nerfed it, if you don't have a group that's accepting you, then the problem is you, not another job
    (2)
    Last edited by Songen; 03-27-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    First: YOU called your title "Nerf SMN", so i presume your a smn who feel's your far too strong, if not, why talk about a job that doesn't concern you.

Second:OP means overpowered. I'v seen some incredible summoners out there that put the time and effort (Which is what your suppose to do if you want a OP [overpowered] job). they come on par of some of the most powerful DDs out there, however even they have their limits much like everything else

Problem here is rather than resolve a issue where other jobs need to be fixed to come on par of end game, you intend on bringing down another jobs for your own reasons

Now then, as far as aeonics go. SMN isn't used for all aeonic events, infact, from the ones i'v seen, they are rarely used, Melee burns and blm death burns with bst covering the multi-mob burns. these are the current things being used (On odin). SMN is used for stuff, event aeonic stuff and could be used for more than most, however don't feel it justifys saying it needs a further nerf, they already got one a few months ago, they don't need another. at this point i'm guessing you hated all GEO's too and wished they had a bigger nerf before than what they got. I may not be in aeonic groups, but i have spent so much time in reisei and escha next to those groups to say i RARELY ever see em.

How about you come up with idea's to bring other jobs up to a higher level rather than bring another down. the boost brd got was massive, but it still needs a bit more, better to boost other jobs to come on par rather than bring down another job because you don't play it or you don't want to equip it

btw, you missed to point entirely, you think smn's needs a nerf simply because on your server they are used alot towards getting a aeonic (Which isn't actually a OP WS weapon, its more a SC weapon and tp build weapon), how does that affect you? even if they nerfed it, if you don't have a group that's accepting you, then the problem is you, not another job
    Wait a second, Songen. Sorry about this, but you've made a mistake here. Aysha did not create this thread. OP in this context means Original Poster, which is Khiril in this case. Please be more careful.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    Wait a second, Songen. Sorry about this, but you've made a mistake here. Aysha did not create this thread. OP in this context means Original Poster, which is Khiril in this case. Please be more careful.
    you are indeed right about who made the post, however doesn't change the fact on the post.

as for original poster. i suppose using OP in a forum rather than ingame was my bad. sucks not being able to use 1 type of acronym and getting it confused due to the location used.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    NERF NOTHING. BUFF EVERYONE ELSE.
    ^ My standard stance on this issue.
    I've yet to see any reasonable, rational, well-thought out or backed-by-evidence "Nerf XXX" posts in the 2yrs since I've been back....

Just because you see groups gravitating towards the ACspam setup does not mean that SMN needs to be nerfed. I honestly see a lot more TPburn groups running thru than SMNburn whenever I'm in Reisenjima. Even so, bandwagoning will happen in any class-based MMORPG depending on the content being done and so long as it's not due to a bug/exploit, it's not the type of thing that should be nerfed until there is data that supports doing so due to an overwhelming advantage over other classes in the same role. Do you have any actual evidence to support your request?

Resentment because >you< were not involved in a win does not justify trying to tear down a job you don't play because they were.
    You think every boss in the game should be able to be killed in less than a minute by a 5-7 man team?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    You think every boss in the game should be able to be killed in less than a minute by a 5-7 man team?
    Actually its more make every job a playable job in endgame instead of of a select few, however instead of weaking currently strengthen jobs, bring the rest upto par with those who already are at the top of the leader board

People only complain "Why is that job the only good job and mine is so weak? why can't you nerf that job instead", what nyariko and myself and alot of others too wish to say is more like "That job is really strong and used so much in endgame because other jobs don't fit the par, so can we adjust other jobs so we have more of a choice in our tactics for game content"
    (1)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast