Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf SMN

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Don't even bother finding fight mechanics, just SMN AC it for easy win!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm a long time player and they nurfed a few jobs in the past and made them a fraction of what they where... I was a front line rdm till one such nurf now I can still grab hate but can't defend myself .....I'm maxxed out on almost everything but job points and those I solo....I've not been in a party since rdm was dropped from the front line....this means I've been solo player since about 2004 ... I'm a 119 I gear rated rdm that hits with magic/weapon/bow/rebuffs and because trusts take que from I gear they hit/buff/nuc/debuff better than me so think about when u ask something to be nurfed ....used to be fun back in the day playing rdm...now 'am I going to take hate' runs in my mind so much I only attack if I know I can control the mob
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by elqplau View Post
    I'm a long time player and they nurfed a few jobs in the past and made them a fraction of what they where... I was a front line rdm till one such nurf now I can still grab hate but can't defend myself .....I'm maxxed out on almost everything but job points and those I solo....I've not been in a party since rdm was dropped from the front line....this means I've been solo player since about 2004 ... I'm a 119 I gear rated rdm that hits with magic/weapon/bow/rebuffs and because trusts take que from I gear they hit/buff/nuc/debuff better than me so think about when u ask something to be nurfed ....used to be fun back in the day playing rdm...now 'am I going to take hate' runs in my mind so much I only attack if I know I can control the mob
    Front line rdm is still a thing, people who say it isn't don't play rdm correctly, I get a good 1200-1300 acc after food and still have a decent tp build and deal a fair amount of dmg as well, use the correct swords too and can magic burst a even higher amount, WS for 4-10k and MB for 15-35k, and i'm considered a weak rdm in comparison to some of the more stronger ones. thats higher dmg that some of the more common DDs (Not pimped) out there.

opening a SC for 7k dmg, then MB when someone closes it for 15-20k twice, (thats 35-42k dmg in a period of 10 seconds) and because of my Seidr Cotehardie i don't lose any mp from the MB so i'm constantly going without stoping.

As for defending, build your phalanx, stoneskin and fast cast correctly, utsusemi is still a valid thing too and can be constant with the right amount of haste and fast cast, not to mention rdm can self heal. oh, and theres gear that enhances refresh further, i got a +3 or 4 refresh added to my base refresh 2 spell because of gear that enhances potency, i could take it further but its too costly

It requires a bit to get the macro's right, but the result is amazing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 05-10-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I feel glad that after reading that WHOLE 5 pages of "discussion", only once was PUP mentioned, and never once saw anything about H2H or MNK or NIN in there.
    Oh wait,that's because no one wants those jobs for recent end-game content, nor had they ever.... /sigh lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    I feel glad that after reading that WHOLE 5 pages of "discussion", only once was PUP mentioned, and never once saw anything about H2H or MNK or NIN in there.
    Oh wait,that's because no one wants those jobs for recent end-game content, nor had they ever.... /sigh lol.
    Actually, I use both pup and mnk, also in other forums people talk about how they want mnk to succeed and don't post here because SE doesn't responce 90% of the time because we complain about other useless things too much
    (0)

6. 06-30-2017 02:06 PM

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They level the job did tedious shit to get gear and now your telling them they can't play a certain way wow no wonder ppl's pass on this game.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Actually, I use both pup and mnk, also in other forums people talk about how they want mnk to succeed and don't post here because SE doesn't responce 90% of the time because we complain about other useless things too much
    I love PUP, but because I can't get in to the end game content, or can't spend tens of millions of gil to buy the best gear, I can't bring that anywhere. So I'm gearing my blu now, which will probably get nerfed along with smn and then I'll need to spend months to gear up another job that will then get nerfed.....I agree what you said back in the beginning of this thread, we need to start boosting other jobs instead of nerfing everything.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Pup is actually in a decent spot right now. One of the better tanks... at least vs 1 target. Fights with multiple mobs or weird hate it kind of fails as does things like doom
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Here's the thing. The only SMN who can do the AC spam and kill the mob in 3 min on ??? level are literally The Best Geared and job pointed SMNs in the game. You can actually do the same thing with a geared and job pointed BLM too, does BLM need to be nerfed as well?

As a fix without nerfing the ability itself, same duration but you have to alternate between Rage / Wards, so you can't spam Rages. Which is what everyone else is crying about

Another alternate fix is to make mobs immune to certain avatars, so it's trying to find the one that works (with only Garuda and Leviathan the only avatars that can heal themselves this would bring a certain strategy and timing if you have to use any of the other avatars)
    (0)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 07-03-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Lol there is no way blms are doing anything near the level of AC zerging
    (2)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast