Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf SMN

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that the focus should not be mentioning SMN but speaking solely about the ability Astral Conduit. There's a lot of miscommunication in regard to SMN as a whole but the opposing side is only describing SMN's capabilities during Astral Conduit.

A job doesn't need to be nerfed into the ground as some sort of punishment. Every time these nerf heated discussions appear, there is this mob desire to obliterate the job entirely instead of balance. Which isn't a healthy discussion. It just turns into a personal war against people who play the job and those who don't.

In regards to mentioning BLU and how it didn't need to be adjusted due to BRD adjustments. It still needs adjusting and it's not even a comparison but that's another thread entirely and doesn't need to be carried on here to derail. There's plenty of threads to resurrect or create.
    (3)

Player
    The reason it happens is because Square does. not. know. how. to. balance. There has never been anything even close to "balance" as far as style/tactic/dps/battles are concerned. EVER.

One style/type/job is ALWAYS extremely overpowered and everything is adjusted to compensate for it. Its a garbage practice, but thats what they do, so they need to get on this ALOT FASTER THAN THEY ARE.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    The reason it happens is because Square does. not. know. how. to. balance. There has never been anything even close to "balance" as far as style/tactic/dps/battles are concerned. EVER.

One style/type/job is ALWAYS extremely overpowered and everything is adjusted to compensate for it. Its a garbage practice, but thats what they do, so they need to get on this ALOT FASTER THAN THEY ARE.
    actually, smn's extremely balanced, its only one ability that isn't, and its a 1hr ability at that, everything is average depending one what your doing
    (0)

Player
    Far from it. Being the excuse that it's a a 2hour is completely irrelevant. There are many ways to get 2hours back.

If one aspect of the job is broken, then. the. job. is. broken. Plain and simple.

You dont get to have one REALLY broken ability, and still be balanced.
    (1)

Far from it. Being the excuse that it's a a 2hour is completely irrelevant. There are many ways to get 2hours back.

If one aspect of the job is broken, then. the. job. is. broken. Plain and simple.

You dont get to have one REALLY broken ability, and still be balanced.
    I was talking outside of the one ability,The problem is 1 ability and you Khiril.If they never had the ability functioning as it is would you still be complaining? probably, you always got something to complain about since the game wasn't designed around you.

People don't capacity party with their 1hr abilitys constantly, once the ability wears they don't stop for 20min to get it back.or on a average run against NMs its not needed to spam the 1hr ability since people don't want to wait 20min for people to recharge their ability between kills since they can win in 5mins without their 1hr.

Outside of the 1hr ability, it is balanced.
    (2)

Taking away their aeonics would never happen, obviously, but it would be damn hilarious. And deserved. Let's be honest, no one that plays SMN is good enough to use an Aeonic. That's why they have to play SMN, so nothing would be lost.
    Like seriously, who ran over your puppies? I play SMN because I love the job. It was the first job I unlocked, and was the 2nd job I got to 75. I played this MMO for the first few years alone, because NO ONE wanted SMN because it was only a super gimped healer. SMN has made great strides from where it started. And who are you to decide the value of a player? You've done nothing but be a toxic individual and are more part of the problem than the actual solution. You wonder why you keep getting banned, perhaps you should look at your gross demeanor towards others. Change the mobs so that others are forced to use things outside of this cookie cutter hive mentality. They did it with Ambuscade to GEO with that one mob that was immuned to their debuffs. Make it so that thresholds have to be met in order to progress.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Conduit's pretty unbalanced, you'd have to be crazy not to see that. When you have players gearing up SMN in a mad rush to get Aeonics done quickly before it gets nerfed and the JPs are up in arms over it then yeah there's a pretty good chance of it getting adjusted.

I used to think BLU was OP but SE adjusted it by making their Omen gear weak. I think it's pretty accurate to say that it's a high floor/low ceiling melee job and there's a place for that in this game.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Conduit's pretty unbalanced, you'd have to be crazy not to see that. When you have players gearing up SMN in a mad rush to get Aeonics done quickly before it gets nerfed and the JPs are up in arms over it then yeah there's a pretty good chance of it getting adjusted.

I used to think BLU was OP but SE adjusted it by making their Omen gear weak. I think it's pretty accurate to say that it's a high floor/low ceiling melee job and there's a place for that in this game.
    it's OBVIOUSLY getting adjusted, the problem is the speed with which they do it.

It needs to be done RIGHT NOW. Not this summer.
    (2)

9. 04-16-2017 12:50 PM

Player
    Straight up unbelievable.

You've got to be kidding...
    (1)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-10-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Lewyo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    New ambuscade out and already the strategy is 3 smn burn astral conduit and this will be how everything is done till s.e sort smn 30s zerg out.
    (1)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast