Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ff11 rebooted

ff11 rebooted

considering the decline in ff11 attendance, its odvious this game is headed in a one way direction. rather than at the eventual point of this game becoming obsolete. SE makes preparation to complete reboot of the game much like they did for FF14.

Make a 2.0 or w/e the version is, give a heads up that in 2 years the game would reboot (Which gives time for people to complete what ever they are working on at the time [refer below for reason why].
    whole new game (In vana'diel of cause but with a twist),
    They restart it to the old exp style system, new jobs on top of old jobs (Alot of new jobs that are balanced to make a more than one style party avaiable), new content (Including new content and excluding certain old content) .

Perhaps make it that vana'diel's/abyssea/other dimensions shifted as a result of the massive cross dimensional overflow resulting from abyssea,voidwalkers,voidwatch,walk of echos,emptiness(CoP).interfering with the past(Wings)Nothingness(RoV), with results of RoV leading altana wanting to close the dimensional crossings.

Since the game pretty much would restart from scratch from this points, meaning the entire system for the servers/etc could be heavily upgraded. it could be remade all together.
    resulted in the mechanics of everything changing,
    ~all fast based exp is lost,
    ~75level cap reimplemented.
    ~Pretty much anything that is completed final stages of "monisette" or "oboro" or "Coelestrox" related will remain but will be transfered and be in a modified form to adjust for the new game and is only attainable for those who transfered it over from previous account.
    ~iLv armor/weapons completely removed with iLv weapons/armor that are transfered being modified to be extremely ultimate strong weapons but fitting to1-2 teirs above new engame attainable content
    ~Partying becomes required again for all content,
    ~content allows new players to attain gear but not having a difficulty that makes too hard to attain without transfered gear but still having a difficulty that requires people to try and be skilled(Transfer gear just being better depending on what its strength is)
    ~level restrictions are reimplimented on certain content.
    ~exsistance of trusts is removed.
    ~Shantotto is Shantotto.
    ~everyone who transfered will have their level is reduced by approximatly 25% and levels capping at 75 again with 75 being the strongest level of the time
    ~transfering 1200/2100 Job points will be modified to special armor
    ~Everything else from this point will be dumped completely with the exception of w/e is deemed worthy of transfering
    ~a new armor/stat system will be added resulting is a more balanced system.
    ~With a large aray of new jobs added, endgamers can take the opertunity to relevel with new players on new jobs while new players can chose from w/e they feel

Honestly thats probably only gonna scratch the surface.
    So throw in some suggestions.

Whether its implemented or not (Since its odvious something like this won't be looked at by SE),however would be fun to see what people come up with.

-Make your suggestion aimed at a balanced game, not one that makes one job or one set of jobs better than everything else.
    -Perhaps suggest new jobs with their special abilitys that make them balance but unique in comparison to other jobs.
    -Suggest new zones (something outside of dimensional zones)

As long as its balance, feel free to suggest w/e you like
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So back to lvl75 era, no thanks!

Anyway, they needed to reboot FFXIV, t1.0 failed so bad for a new game it needed it so it didn't end up just a huge loss.

FFXI made its money, it'll never make the money needed to make a reboot.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    So back to lvl75 era, no thanks!

Anyway, they needed to reboot FFXIV, t1.0 failed so bad for a new game it needed it so it didn't end up just a huge loss.

FFXI made its money, it'll never make the money needed to make a reboot.
    This isn't true, if they would make an unban fee and/or a jail server they would make a TON of loot for whatever they needed.
    (0)

Player
    OP: I'm sorry, but I find it absurd beyond belief to even ask for them to basically roll back over half a decade of content to a game style that would have zero chance of attracting even all current subscribers, much less attract any significant number of new ones. IF there was any dev-side interest in a major overhaul/reboot, the only type of changes that I could really see happening would be to update the core system to modern day non-PS2-based computing standards (and they've already said that is not gonna happen.)

There's a grand total of like 5-6 people on the current dev team which is barely enough to keep this old ship afloat, and far from enough to tackle a project like a rebuild/reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    This isn't true, if they would make an unban fee and/or a jail server they would make a TON of loot for whatever they needed.
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but that sounds like a different game entirely from FFXI. ^^;; Jakuk is unfortunately correct though.. It's highly unlikely that there will be any form of major investment into this game ever again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-26-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

I know SE wouldn't make a 2.0,
    Was more aimmed at people expressing their ideas as a general.
    Idea just poped in my head, even tho its unrealistic due to ff11 actually being part of SE (Which is a business)
    The thought of idea's on what people like about the game and possibly would have liked to see. I used to see people talking about making necromancer a job, beastmaster of the undead lol.

or how about the Juggler (Sounds like something from batman), cousin of puppetmaster (From the circus). elemental wielding (or enfeebler) ranger/ninja-type whose primary skill is melee/nuking or enfeebling/throwing(Similar to ninja's dagan but only better) technics, comes with En-Throw/multi-throw attacks (Imagine 1-5 knifes in his hand ready to throw per attack round which is dependant on how far he/she is from target), hundred throw 1hr special (sakuya izayoi on crack), throwing WSs and has decent nuking power or maybe can enfeeble enemys with certain throwing technics making things like attack down or defence down, magic defence down etc etc. Honestly i'd like to player a a job like that. You'd hope they make the animation on it look all cool like like in a movie with more of a sway throw or spin and throw
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    If they were going to do that they may as well just start an online store and sell gil themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    I know SE wouldn't make a 2.0,
    Was more aimmed at people expressing their ideas as a general.
    Idea just poped in my head, even tho its unrealistic due to ff11 actually being part of SE (Which is a business)
    The thought of idea's on what people like about the game and possibly would have liked to see. I used to see people talking about making necromancer a job, beastmaster of the undead lol.

or how about the Juggler (Sounds like something from batman), cousin of puppetmaster (From the circus). elemental wielding (or enfeebler) ranger/ninja-type whose primary skill is melee/nuking or enfeebling/throwing(Similar to ninja's dagan but only better) technics, comes with En-Throw/multi-throw attacks (Imagine 1-5 knifes in his hand ready to throw per attack round which is dependant on how far he/she is from target), hundred throw 1hr special (sakuya izayoi on crack), throwing WSs and has decent nuking power or maybe can enfeeble enemys with certain throwing technics making things like attack down or defence down, magic defence down etc etc. Honestly i'd like to player a a job like that. You'd hope they make the animation on it look all cool like like in a movie with more of a sway throw or spin and throw
    Issue with that is how poorly those roles are already made in the game Example: RDM, why add even more jobs when the current are in the state they are.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There's a time when you just gotta sell/junk your old car and get a new one.

No matter how much you love it, there's the inevitability that one day, it will just be too costly to repair all that's wrong with it.

FFXI is in that state right now. It exists, it works, but slowly bit by bit people are getting their fill of it.

Doing a reboot of this game really would not help much; best they could do is make an MMORPG sequel some time down the road when XIV comes to the same point that XI is now.

The thing is, though, XIV is still going strong, and an expansion is due to land in a couple months. It's got plenty of life left in it, and they aren't going to make a new MMO when their current one is doing just fine.

If anything, they'll pull the plug on XI when there's not enough people to sustain it and then dump everything into XIV. Sad, but true. I feel that XI could have gone a little better if they had devoted a little more money and resources to it, it would have been healthier and perhaps been bringing in more revenue due to more players than it currently does, but ah well.

We don't know all the hows and whys of why they do what they do. We can make guesses, speculations, etc. But we don't have access to the inner workings of SE (or the game itself), so we're not really qualified to make such judgments.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    There's a time when you just gotta sell/junk your old car and get a new one.

No matter how much you love it, there's the inevitability that one day, it will just be too costly to repair all that's wrong with it.

FFXI is in that state right now. It exists, it works, but slowly bit by bit people are getting their fill of it.

Doing a reboot of this game really would not help much; best they could do is make an MMORPG sequel some time down the road when XIV comes to the same point that XI is now.

The thing is, though, XIV is still going strong, and an expansion is due to land in a couple months. It's got plenty of life left in it, and they aren't going to make a new MMO when their current one is doing just fine.

If anything, they'll pull the plug on XI when there's not enough people to sustain it and then dump everything into XIV. Sad, but true. I feel that XI could have gone a little better if they had devoted a little more money and resources to it, it would have been healthier and perhaps been bringing in more revenue due to more players than it currently does, but ah well.

We don't know all the hows and whys of why they do what they do. We can make guesses, speculations, etc. But we don't have access to the inner workings of SE (or the game itself), so we're not really qualified to make such judgments.
    I aggree, sadly, it seems almost enevitable
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, I don't want to pay for a reboot ... even with a 2 year notice. I've been paying for 3 POL accounts, since 2004 and like my progress as is ....

What I would suggest is a person could create a new character and set it to use the old system .... or to reboot a specific character ... not the entire game, please.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to pay for a reboot ... even with a 2 year notice. I've been paying for 3 POL accounts, since 2004 and like my progress as is ....

What I would suggest is a person could create a new character and set it to use the old system .... or to reboot a specific character ... not the entire game, please.
    They managed to successfully convert accounts for XIV:ARR, I'm sure that if they rebooted XI that accounts would be convertible (and forced to convert if you want to continue playing.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast