Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Player Kylos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    120
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    MORE PLAYERS ON CERBERUS PLEASE! While you're at it.. check other servers too, because I get messages from players on others saying they find it difficult to get things done due to a lack of players.

    If you're on a populated server like Asura, Bahamut or Odin .. you can't understand what we are going through. Some players do not want to abandon their linkshells and friends to move to a populated server. It's great if you don't care .. or don't have friends, but if you're like me you want to stay on the same server as people know who you are and what to expect. Much like how I've played with most English-speaking players on Cerb .. so I know what I'm getting. Why should I have to give SE extra money to start over? I shouldn't have too.

    By principle SE should even servers out .. or merge the least populated servers so we get numbers similar to Asura, Odin, Bahamut etc. This would make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and at the same time .. give SE less servers to maintain. All I'd like is an explanation from SE, or at least a hollow "Apologies, but we do not have any plans to merge servers at this time". Some acknowledgement would go a long way, at least if I know for a fact that servers won't be merged.. I can consider moving. I probably won't, but at least I'd have the option.

    Merging Cerberus into Shiva for example .. would be awesome, and I highly doubt congestion would be anywhere near as bad as what Asura experiences at peak times on new content. Playing on Cerberus .. we never have issues with congestion. If you absolutely hate congestion, Cerberus is the place to be. If you want to do Omen.. or an Aeonic, it's the worst unless you understand Japanese and can play at their times.

    We are paying for this service, yet we are not getting the "MMO" aspect. It is up to SE to give us what we are paying for, instead of expecting us to give them more money to fix something for ourselves while everyone else continues to pay for something they are not getting.

    PS: I've seen TONS of players from Asura telling returning players to move there. And then if I chime in and say "come to Cerberus, we need you more", I get ridiculed for asking them to go to one of the quietest servers instead of the most populated. This is a trend which should not be happening, but due to a lot of players on Asura going out of their way to recruit .. it makes it even harder for other servers to find reliable players for their linkshells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 03-27-2017 at 01:25 AM.

  2. #12
    Player Diavolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    PS: I've seen TONS of players from Asura telling returning players to move there. And then if I chime in and say "come to Cerberus, we need you more", I get ridiculed for asking them to go to one of the quietest servers instead of the most populated. This is a trend which should not be happening, but due to a lot of players on Asura going out of their way to recruit .. it makes it even harder for other servers to find reliable players for their linkshells.
    Players that do find their way to the lower populated servers such as Cerberus would find themselves in the same boat you're in now, wishing there were more players around. It's a losing battle. Populations across servers continue to decline and the only one holding steady over the last couple of years is Asura thanks to the effort its community makes towards attracting new/returning players. There's no question in my mind that SE could have better managed this game's final years, but being what it is there's really no point in further denying yourself the opportunity to play on a much more active server given that the option is available to you. You'll likely see the value in it as soon as you make the jump.
    (1)

  3. #13
    Player Khiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Klihri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's completely bull that you have to pay square to fix their mistakes. It's unfair to have to pay to move to a populated server. Moving to assura was a worthwhile investment, as everyone I knew quit and there wasn't enough playerbase left where i was. Shouts are "plentiful". But there's so many trolls.

    I facepalm daily at the shouts, but at least there ARE shouts to facepalm to.

    The problem is, the shouts here are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Idris only. Nirvana only. Epeolotry only.

    Small server you take what you get when you can get it, assura you're making this game more of a job than you already possibly do.
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    732
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    I facepalm daily at the shouts, but at least there ARE shouts to facepalm to.
    I agree. I watch out for gaming related /yell all the time, but sometimes I have to leave town just to get away from the NONSENSE that is shouted out. Stretching from random gibberish, to political arguments, even racism. /yell needs to be subject to some kind of moderation, somehow. Maybe auto-translation wording only or something.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    It's completely bull that you have to pay square to fix their mistakes. It's unfair to have to pay to move to a populated server. Moving to assura was a worthwhile investment, as everyone I knew quit and there wasn't enough playerbase left where i was. Shouts are "plentiful". But there's so many trolls.

    I facepalm daily at the shouts, but at least there ARE shouts to facepalm to.

    The problem is, the shouts here are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Idris only. Nirvana only. Epeolotry only.

    Small server you take what you get when you can get it, assura you're making this game more of a job than you already possibly do.
    Try making your own group that doesn't use Idris, or nivana or epeolotry, if your server is like that then thats your server's problem.
    As a secondary note, end game LSs aim for the win, not play around like a doll house, take what your doing seriously and level and gear the jobs that are needed for events, Don't just complain that your thf or pup or w/e job your playing isn't accepted in a endgame group, there are times for thf and times not for thf. however you won't use thf for Massive dmg AoE mobs so get over it. you'll find most endgame LSes members have more than 1 type of jobs pimped so they are ready for the ever changing mobs, while there are those who aren't pimped, they have jobs that are needed to GET THE WIN.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    MORE PLAYERS ON CERBERUS PLEASE! While you're at it.. check other servers too, because I get messages from players on others saying they find it difficult to get things done due to a lack of players.

    If you're on a populated server like Asura, Bahamut or Odin .. you can't understand what we are going through. Some players do not want to abandon their linkshells and friends to move to a populated server. It's great if you don't care .. or don't have friends, but if you're like me you want to stay on the same server as people know who you are and what to expect. Much like how I've played with most English-speaking players on Cerb .. so I know what I'm getting. Why should I have to give SE extra money to start over? I shouldn't have too.

    By principle SE should even servers out .. or merge the least populated servers so we get numbers similar to Asura, Odin, Bahamut etc. This would make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and at the same time .. give SE less servers to maintain. All I'd like is an explanation from SE, or at least a hollow "Apologies, but we do not have any plans to merge servers at this time". Some acknowledgement would go a long way, at least if I know for a fact that servers won't be merged.. I can consider moving. I probably won't, but at least I'd have the option.

    Merging Cerberus into Shiva for example .. would be awesome, and I highly doubt congestion would be anywhere near as bad as what Asura experiences at peak times on new content. Playing on Cerberus .. we never have issues with congestion. If you absolutely hate congestion, Cerberus is the place to be. If you want to do Omen.. or an Aeonic, it's the worst unless you understand Japanese and can play at their times.

    We are paying for this service, yet we are not getting the "MMO" aspect. It is up to SE to give us what we are paying for, instead of expecting us to give them more money to fix something for ourselves while everyone else continues to pay for something they are not getting.

    PS: I've seen TONS of players from Asura telling returning players to move there. And then if I chime in and say "come to Cerberus, we need you more", I get ridiculed for asking them to go to one of the quietest servers instead of the most populated. This is a trend which should not be happening, but due to a lot of players on Asura going out of their way to recruit .. it makes it even harder for other servers to find reliable players for their linkshells.
    perhaps they need to do the offer they made years ago, and allow free server transfer for a certain time.

    Pack your bags and come to Odin, I'm sure other servers would be glad to have you all too
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Paridise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    47
    Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I have been looking for a server to jump to being that most of my friends are not playing any more. Let get to the numbers .. Carbuncle has 500 ish at 7am PST, which is like JP midnight, and for PST day time hours is drop off to 200-300 and most are afk, mules, and toons that are not active to do any thing. Than add on the fact that the active LS groups are made. They are not adding others and not helping others. For the time i have to play what server is good to jump to? what server is active for 8am -10pm PST? or even after noon or evening hours?
    (0)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

  8. #18
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    you know, i mentioned coming to odin, however there aren't as many english shouts to do stuff nowadays. so maybe a different server would be better. last thing you need is to come to a server where it itself is dieing off. i hear every week about people leaving the game from here
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    732
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Paridise View Post
    I have been looking for a server to jump to being that most of my friends are not playing any more. Let get to the numbers .. Carbuncle has 500 ish at 7am PST, which is like JP midnight, and for PST day time hours is drop off to 200-300 and most are afk, mules, and toons that are not active to do any thing. Than add on the fact that the active LS groups are made. They are not adding others and not helping others. For the time i have to play what server is good to jump to? what server is active for 8am -10pm PST? or even after noon or evening hours?
    Asura sits at around 1400~2000. There are shouts all the time, throughout pretty much all time zones. Only downside is to the server are the trolls that spout nonsense in /yell.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Diavolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    you know, i mentioned coming to odin, however there aren't as many english shouts to do stuff nowadays. so maybe a different server would be better. last thing you need is to come to a server where it itself is dieing off. i hear every week about people leaving the game from here
    FFXIAH's database numbers more or less confirm that there's been a sharp decline in active characters there over the last few months, about 15% gone while Asura's active numbers have held steady. Sylph, Cerberus and Leviathan competing to be the first server to extinguish all signs of life.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread