Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Blue Mage not on Melee Omen Accessories

I find it strange that out all Omen gear/accessories, Blue Mage is stuck on only mage accessories and the mage body from Kei. The only melee accessory that BLU is on is "Ilabrat Ring" and that's about it. Apart from the Omen mage body, BLU won't gain any special benefit from some pieces. the "Enfeebling effect duration" doesn't affect blu spells, neither does the "Absorb Effect duration"

And I won't forget how when reisen gear was released, the merlinic set came to mind when they responded that it was purely for back line jobs and not intended for blue mages. Now it appears to almost be the opposite with Omen gear/accessories
    (2)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 03-23-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Seems pretty clear that they are nerfing the job by leaving them off a lot of powerful gear.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Welcome to the RDM treatment.
    (2)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

A Shift in gear design for Blue Mage?

Now I really find it odd that they just made a whole Ilvl Su3 Pinga Tunic set (Noble's Tunic) that has alot of cure potency and they put BLU on it. I mean there's other choices for cure potency gear, but I think it's weird on how they just up and make something like this and put BLU on it. I'm not saying it's that bad, but I'm kinda confused in general how the new gear blue mage was getting are only pure mage gear/accessories and they're getting the short end of the stick with melee pieces of gear/accessories. It wasn't really a big deal when they responded about not adding BLU to Merlinic gear because it was designed for pure backline jobs, but after Omen gear and accessories came out, I had a big problem with that and now seeing the whole pinga set, now it seems like a bigger problem with the way they're doing with BLU. If this is the kind of direction they're trying to change and make for blue mage now instead of doing that earlier like years ago for alternative options... If this is "as good as" they're trying to establish, it's a waste. Long time up until now and this is what comes out of it... I really don't know what else to say...

it's just that with the recent gear pattern for blue mage recently...(Or rather 6 months now?) have been nothing but pure mage gear
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 06-07-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Welcome to the beginning levels of PUP (in which I mean lv.1 thru 99 lol), where all PUP gear is shared with mages like WHM/BLM/RDM/SCH/PUP until you get some ilvl gears or rare/ex (AF1,2,3 etc...). I mean PUP doesn't even HAVE any inherent MP before it gets a subjob, so why was it put in that group? Yesthere are a few VERY rare random gears with PUP in the DD classes, but it should never have been put in the mages-only gear groupings.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Welcome to the beginning levels of PUP (in which I mean lv.1 thru 99 lol), where all PUP gear is shared with mages like WHM/BLM/RDM/SCH/PUP until you get some ilvl gears or rare/ex (AF1,2,3 etc...). I mean PUP doesn't even HAVE any inherent MP before it gets a subjob, so why was it put in that group? Yesthere are a few VERY rare random gears with PUP in the DD classes, but it should never have been put in the mages-only gear groupings.
    The PUP gearing has been repeatedly stated to be due to flavor/lore/etc. The current trend in BLU gearing has more to do w/ actual game balance concerns.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The PUP gearing has been repeatedly stated to be due to flavor/lore/etc. The current trend in BLU gearing has more to do w/ actual game balance concerns.
    This so much! Thank you, Nyarlko! That's exactly what my problem is.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That's what I said in the very first response to your thread.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    That's what I said in the very first response to your thread.
    Sorry about that, thanks to you too. I'm just kinda disappointed how out of nowhere at the end of development content updates, there's been quite of a shift in gear types now and I thought before how they seemed worried about giving BLU pure mage gear and now it's the opposite of what's going on
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well, it sucks but they could've responded to criticism by nerfing the gifts or CDC or something like that. I thought it was okay to be left off some omen gear but being on the healing SU3 sets seems like it's going too far.
    (0)