Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Community Project: Celebration of FFXI's 15th anniversary, to be sent to the dev team

Hello to the FFXI English community! This is something I've been planning out for the last month and I'm finally able to announce it. So 2017 marks not just the 30th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, but the 15th anniversary of Final Fantasy XI as well. That's right, FFXI has been around for half the time as of the entire series!

In recognition and celebration of this momentous event, I'd like to organize a community project as a thank you to the FFXI dev team and Square Enix as a whole. To participate, please fill out the Google Form below. You can also directly email via the email address provided at the bottom of the form.

Fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/hREV6TvyXPZkxdTg1

We have a little under 2 months to gather your heartfelt messages and compile them into a format that I'll send over to the FFXI dev team. (The format we use will be announced at a later date when I review what kind of media ends up submitted by players)

If FFXI has impacted you in any way in the past or present, please submit a personal message of yours via the above form. I recommend also including a screenshot or fanart of yours which you can email attach (see bottom of form).

Thank you to the FFXI dev team for making a game that has impacted me so greatly over the last 15 years, and thank you to the players for making it such a brilliant community & supporting the game all these years allowing it to continue.

In May I will be sending your compiled messages to my contact at Square Enix to present to the FFXI dev team.

(As a note, you can edit your existing submission as well as submit multiple entries if needed.)
    (6)
    Last edited by Zenoxio; 04-05-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    May or may not participate but in case I don't I just wanted to say the FFXI dev team members from the originals to today's team have my utmost gratitude for their efforts, even though we have not always seen eye to eye on decisions, and I am sorry for them for having their hands tied so very often through out the years.

Their bosses, however, well...I can't really say what I want to say about them on these forums except for 'thanks for nothing' and I hoped all of our sub fees over a decade(ranging somewhere from 50 to 100 million dollars every year in it's biggest years depending on how many true subs and mules people were paying for, we'll never know for sure) has helped them make all their other games. It surely didn't help FFXI.
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Please be aware to all who don't know, this is not a official thread summited by SE, if you wish to follow the link , fill out any unofficial forms or send emails from your own accounts as such, do so at your own discretion.
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think you might be a little hard pressed to find people to praise SE at this point, we play this game cause we love it but SE has thrown this game to the wolves on multiple occasions only to pick it up again when they needed money. Even now we're paying the same for 1/3 of the service or even paying more for the wardrobe 3&4 which if you want to play more then 3-4 jobs you have to have due to game design. This game could still be going strong like Wow has been if they just kept making newer expansions for it or even if their constant claim to system restrictions could have rebooted the game with a 2.0 that would have removed the limitations. Added to all of the the failure to address blatant balance issues and even lost/empty promises there is not much left to say to SE about it as the people who would have been able to do anything have long since left this glorious game.

Don't get me wrong i love this game very much as i met my wife of 11 years now through this game from across the world but the lack on SE's part to maintain this game was been all over the place ever since the over 2 year release cycle for the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
    (1)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    I think you might be a little hard pressed to find people to praise SE at this point, we play this game cause we love it but SE has thrown this game to the wolves on multiple occasions only to pick it up again when they needed money. Even now we're paying the same for 1/3 of the service or even paying more for the wardrobe 3&4 which if you want to play more then 3-4 jobs you have to have due to game design. This game could still be going strong like Wow has been if they just kept making newer expansions for it or even if their constant claim to system restrictions could have rebooted the game with a 2.0 that would have removed the limitations. Added to all of the the failure to address blatant balance issues and even lost/empty promises there is not much left to say to SE about it as the people who would have been able to do anything have long since left this glorious game.

Don't get me wrong i love this game very much as i met my wife of 11 years now through this game from across the world but the lack on SE's part to maintain this game was been all over the place ever since the over 2 year release cycle for the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
    We've received plenty of praise and thank yous already, well over four dozen entries each with at least a paragraph written.
    (1)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is a nice idea! I'll likely send in one myself soon.

Just wondering, are these submissions going to be translated?
    (0)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No plans to translate. There's a number of reasons for this, but the main one is because this represents the English community.
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Deadline to get your submissions in: May 3rd!
    (1)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for all your submissions! The project was completed and delivered to Square Enix. Here is what they have to say:

Thank you all very much for the wonderful messages! The development and operations teams will continue to do their best so that everyone can continue to enjoy their adventurers in Vana’diel. We truly appreciate your support!

- FINAL FANTASY XI Producer Akihiko Matsui
    To everyone in the FFXI Reddit community,

Reseph stopped by our offices today and presented us with a book filled with heartfelt comments, memories, and messages about the world of FINAL FANTASY XI and for the teams behind it. Thank you all very much!

We’ve been reading the book and sharing everyone’s thoughts with the other members on the development team. As long as you’re all here, we’re planning to continue our development and operations for FINAL FANTASY XI. So be sure to get everyone around you involved and have fun enjoying Vana’diel.

Wishing you all a happy Vana’diel life!

- FINAL FANTASY XI Director Yoji Fujito
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...n_delivered_a/
    (4)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder