Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1

Wanted Dial Blunder

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
    * The Wanted Dial Campaign was erroneously displayed as one of the campaigns available in March. This entry was removed on March 17, 2017 at 2:30 a.m. (PDT)
    Square Enix, this was NOT the way to address this problem. You gave us six days of silence on the matter, then quietly changed the announcement on the PlayOnline main page. There were multiple threads asking for answers, but you couldn't reply to a single one? This is extremely poor customer service, especially considering some claimed to have spent real money (reactivated mules) in anticipation of this campaign.

I can't speak of anyone else, but I am disappointed that it was seemingly ignored for so long, and also that the producer and director didn't simply activate the campaign once the error was discovered. I hope in the future there is better QA/proofreading of official posts to prevent another fiasco like this.
    (5)

Player
    Jesus Christ. Let. It. Go.

Wanted Dial is one of the worst campaigns they do. Why all the pissing and moaning seriously.
    (1)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Why does it matter what campaign it is? Where did I complain about which campaign was left out? The problem isn't "OMG i'm missiong out on my imperator's wings!!1"; it's that they advertised something, failed to deliver, and failed to inform their customers.
    (4)

Player
    It was a general answer to the 15 "omg no wanted" threads.

Square just operating as usual.
    (0)

SE never really spams the forum for every single problem as well, most updates on bugs/problems comes a month or 2 later so the change came fast if it was about 7 days later, if they have updated the official page then that answers the question everyones been asking.

Human error is human error. A game is a game. move on and go farm some VW to ease the pain ~LET THE PAIN EASE DAMN IT~ ~EAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE~~~~~
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't think the majority of people cared about the event, it's more the response, or lack of one. A mistake was made, that's fine, we are all human, but the mistake was ignored for almost a week... It's a paid service, not some form of charity, all we wanted is some kind of acknowledgement, I don't think this is unreasonable.

If the staff who maintain the forums are under pressure and can't respond, then maybe this needs to be looked at, without meaning to sound controversial, SE are happy to take our money, they should provide some sort of support.
    (5)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    At least in the USA, what a company publishes is legally binding. I learned this working for Oracle, IBM, and Cray Research. Thus saying the Dial would do "XYZ" means it will do "XYZ" and saying it isn't a bug is ignoring a written statement to the contrary.

By us paying to play the game, SE is legally bound to provide what it announces even if it is only the English version. Maybe the Dial "XYZ" is only for those using the English version of the game. Who knows, but the bottom line is SE violated the laws of the US on this one.

At IBM this would have gotten me fired (at worse) and on probation (at a minimum). (Fired if the customer sued and probation because I did it.)
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    I'm pretty sure there has to be intent for any advertising laws to be broken and fines to be levied. It was clearly a mistake.
    (1)

Player
    I'm more disappointed that it is not listed in April campaigns... Given the error, as non-intentional as it was, it wouldn't have hurt anything to give it to us the next month at least.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm more disappointed that it is not listed in April campaigns... Given the error, as non-intentional as it was, it wouldn't have hurt anything to give it to us the next month at least.
    Let's just hope the campaign they gave is actually correct.

Also, sigh, another month, and still no CP campaign despite it being the answer 99% of people picked when asked. What was the point of asking if they're just going to ignore it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 03-28-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast