Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm more disappointed that it is not listed in April campaigns... Given the error, as non-intentional as it was, it wouldn't have hurt anything to give it to us the next month at least.
    Nearly every unm is soloable (2box etc), the odds of you getting the one good item that can't be solo'd are too high to matter. It's a garbage campaign and I'm more than happy to not feel obligated to get 50 Baldurno's Horns.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Nearly every unm is soloable (2box etc), the odds of you getting the one good item that can't be solo'd are too high to matter. It's a garbage campaign and I'm more than happy to not feel obligated to get 50 Baldurno's Horns.
    It is my personal favorite out of the RandomDailyJunk campaigns. I'm in the middle of tracking results to see if I can map out the logic behind it as well, so I was definitely looking forward to it myself.

And I've always had pretty "good" luck with getting gear from coffers... Even when all I really want are the upgrade mats <,<;; At least all the gear is POL sendable, so my mules are ready to ding into iv119 once they get leveled.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    I'm pretty sure there has to be intent for any advertising laws to be broken and fines to be levied. It was clearly a mistake.
    Ah, if this is the case, then why were three companies so insistent that we made sure the manuals and the code matched, as the law required them to match?

I'm asking for two reasons: (1) Manuals are not part of the advertising. (2) Three different companies (I was in the software side of all three) saying similar things must mean there is some external influence that concerns them all, right?
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 03-29-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Ah, if this is the case, then why were three companies so insistent that we made sure the manuals and the code matched, as the law required them to match?

I'm asking for two reasons: (1) Manuals are not part of the advertising. (2) Three different companies (I was in the software side of all three) saying similar things must mean there is some external influence that concerns them all, right?
    That is an entirely different business model and entirely different purpose/intent for the documentation.
    Product documentation does not fall under the same regulations/laws as advertising. If there are printing errors in the docs for the products of the companies you mentioned, odds are pretty good that some major issues could arise due to that, which is why they'd be required by law to ensure that it was as accurate as possible. The POL frontpage would not fall under the same category as product documentation and most likely would be covered by advertising laws. There are provisions for ads that have printing errors, (lots of companies include a "not responsible for printing errors" clause in the fine print) and I'd say this fell pretty squarely within that realm. :/ In other words, there is no legal liability since it was not intentional.

My takeaway from this whole mess is: I really REALLY hope they fill the Community Manager position sooner rather than later.. >_>;; They probably relied on an untested source for the website update since the position was recently vacated.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

you gotta realise these are general annoucments, they have stated previously that when updates/event happen, they may be expected delays or cancelations. anyways, FF11 is japanese, so everything falls under their law, even then monthly fee pays for the game itself, events aren't included, they simply add it in their own accord.

Its like the time they had the tsunami, they had to shut down the game at certain points due to government restrictions, so they offered the game for free for a month to compensate, however that was because the game as a whole weren't available, not because IBHalliwell missed a random event because it was mistakenly advertised. its a little late, but they have already explained that the mistake happened and they apologised for it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2