Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    I just thought of something.. For the equipset that has the multi-slot equips in it, try removing the X for the other slots that it covers. (EX: Blank out the legs with the overalls.) I'm thinking it may be possible that it's getting canceled out.. Will test later on in-game to see if I can reproduce what you're seeing.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    ill try that thanks...
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

i found something

found something: my lockstyle set was sticking and messing it up, i did it again without the timer up top going on and it changed correctly. maybe the other times lockstyle was on.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    found something: my lockstyle set was sticking and messing it up, i did it again without the timer up top going on and it changed correctly. maybe the other times lockstyle was on.
    you equip lockstyle once, unless you do something major like change jobs or the mob WSs you and it removes/locks all your gear,once you've equiped it , lockstyle shouldn't interfere,you should neither need to use lockstyle again, only time it'll blink is if you change your weapons or ranged and even then it shouldn't remove lockstyle.

several things to keep in mind:
    *Are you by any chance clicking the "Use current" button after you set your equip macro. that button changes all the gear(Even if theres nothing) in that specific /equipset to what ever your physically wearing at that time without changing the name of the equipset. if you wish to equip a set directly from the source after you have manually set it. you need to use the "Equip" button

*Are you waiting one second after setting a piece of gear to a slot before backing out of it since the computer-server has a delay and it sometimes doesn't recognise the change if you move out of the screen fast .

*Did you make sure to count down from the start and label each equipset with it's position's number (Having a name only without a number doesn't change the /equipset value. /equipset 050 for example will always be 050 even with a different name without the 050 number) so you don't mistake it for another slots number.

*if your setting the macro for something like weapon skills or abilitys, make sure to set the /equipset on the first line without a <wait>, second line should be the weaponskill or job ability this time with a <wait 1>, then third line should be your original /equipset number
    e.g
    /equipset 014
    /ws "Torcleaver" <t> <wait 1>
    /equipset 013

be aware that opening the equipment menu will prevent armor from changing, so even if you click the macro or set a /wait so the /equipset macro activates after a sec or so, if you open the equipment window no gear will change at all

*Once again, MAKE SURE that the armor you have set in the equipset menu is actually equipable by your job. you can set armor in your equipsets (Even if it doesn't match your job/level. however thats specificlly for the purpose of lockstyle) however if the armor you chose isn't useable normally then it won't change (Example is using samnuha tights on WAR [WAR can't use samnuha tights], you can set it in the equipset menu, but when you try to equip it, it won't equip and simply keep w/e you have on at the time)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    I doubt SE will look at this issue for two reasons: (1) You're not using the form in the sticky (first thread in the forum), as they are serious about they need it. (2) You do NOT have enough information for them to work on the issue. Again look at the form and what info they need.

I learned the hard way and now hope to help others learn from my being ignored, in the past.
    Be aware not everything is directly put here to be reported to SE but sometimes seeks the help from other players, however even if it is put here for that purpose without the official template it is still checked since its filled in the bug section (Far too many people think they'll get a instant reply and thats where confusion comes in), even then SE normally takes a month or 2 to either recognise or fix over all game bugs (Unless its a extremely major bug that affects everyone) without telling anyone until the next months update(Don't expect any instant replys for anything from SE with or without a official report since its all about the bugs).

HOWEVER, since there are instances where it affects individual players, they will handle that in a more appropriate dependant on their procedures

ALSO~~~ this is a FORUM and we receive information from fellow players to resolve problems before it reaches SEs hands
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 03-18-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Be aware not everything is directly put here to be reported to SE but sometimes seeks the help from other players, however even if it is put here for that purpose without the official template it is still checked since its filled in the bug section (Far too many people think they'll get a instant reply and thats where confusion comes in), even then SE normally takes a month or 2 to either recognise or fix over all game bugs (Unless its a extremely major bug that affects everyone) without telling anyone until the next months update(Don't expect any instant replys for anything from SE with or without a official report since its all about the bugs).

HOWEVER, since there are instances where it affects individual players, they will handle that in a more appropriate dependant on their procedures

ALSO~~~ this is a FORUM and we receive information from fellow players to resolve problems before it reaches SEs hands
    Their procedures appear to be well defined to me. The only thing that SE will check for at this stage is if the bug report follows the template. If it doesn't, the thread will be moved to the Insufficient Information board, and the development team will not consider it further. As per the sticky thread:

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_JP View Post
    2. Reports that do not follow the template will be moved to the Insufficient Information category.
    * If you wish to re-submit a report that has been moved to this category, please use the template and include all of the required information before posting it in the In-Game Bugs category.
    The player's goal by posting in this sub-forum is to make sure that the report ends up in the Accepted category. This is when the team will properly investigate the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_JP View Post
    5. Once reports with sufficient information have been checked, they will be moved to the Accepted forum.

6. Bug reports moved to Accepted will be investigated and confirmed.
    * Depending on the issue, there may be cases where confirming specific issues may take time.
    By posting here and not following the correct procedure, the player risks the thread being cut off by SE moving the thread to the Insufficient Information category. At that point, the player's only options will be to try again with a new thread, or give up.

This is the system the player is up against, and this is why it is a good idea to use the bug report template when posting a new thread here.
    (1)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    yeah the problem i was having didnt apply to any of that stuff, it was a macro with just /equipset 036 and it was the gear u get from the mog garden, so ws not anything sufficient, i just wanted to know why my other macros were having the same problem, because they really werent changing right. i will take into consideration all of this, because it is helpful, but for the gardening gear it does not apply, to my other sets probably very helpful. thank you
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2