Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Promised event not working! Proper form used so SE can't ignore.

Note: While others are discussing this issue in another thread no one filled out the proper form, per SE requirements. As the rules state SE requires a complete and properly filled out form for it to consider an in-game bug.

Thread Title: Promised event not working per:
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...45/detail.html

Platform: PC - Windows 7 and Windows 10

ISP: Sprint, Ting, and RCN

Type of Internet Connection:
    Sprint: 4G LTE
    Ting: 4G LTE
    RCN: CATV

Internet Connection Speed:

Sprint: 12 Mbps
    Ting: 12 Mbps
    RCN: 155 Mbps

Date & Time: March 13, 2017 at 17:51:29 CDT (15:51:29 PDT)

Frequency: ALWAYS! This is a 100% failure!

Character Name: Ibhalliwell

Race: Hume M

World: Ragnarok

Main Job: 99 Summoner (ilevel 119, Pet: ilevel 120)

Support Job: 49 Red Mage

Area and Coordinates:
    Area: Bastok Mines
    Coordinates: K-8

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: Bountibox

Monster Name: None

Steps:

1) I read the the OFFICIAL Square Enix announcement titled:

Announcement: "Early Spring Battle Content Campaign (02/23/2017)"

2) I found this OFFICIAL at URL:
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...45/detail.html

I read the following information:

The following event is suppose to occur: "Wanted Dial Campaign"

The event details are: "A new dial, the Wanted Dial, will be added to the Gobbie Mystery Box. This fresh addition can be spun once per day to receive one of the treasure coffers that drops from Wanted battle content. Additionally, the odds of the special dial yielding equipment will be boosted for the duration.

* Spinning the Wanted Dial does not cost any daily tally.

* 45 days must have passed since character creation in order to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.
    "

3) I went to the Bastok Mines Gobbie Mystery Box Gobblin - Bountibox.

4) I clicked on Bountibox.

5) I opened the menu and went to: Open the Box and Profit

6) I did not find the promised: "Wanted Dial"

QUESTION: As we were promised ~20 days of "Wanted Dial," how will you fix this? Thoughts:

1) Start late, but extend it into April for the number of days missing in March. This is the most fair solution.

2) If you schedule this for another month, it should / must be in addition to what would normally be in that month. It can't / shouldn't replace something. As it would be difficult to tell if this was this case (unless clearly stated and the number of events were obviously higher than normal), it seems #1 thought is the fair solution.

Thank you.

NOTE: My character is over 45 days old. I started it on or around 3/31/2004. Yup, with the USA release of the PS2 version.
    (5)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 03-15-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Wanted to modify the title, but its not changing .... Second attempt.

guess what, your not the first person, and your not the first to use this section of the form too, and guess what, they ignored everyone
    (1)

Character
    Meatboneslash
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Wanted Dial

Just goes to show, S/E LIES!!!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    guess what, your not the first person, and your not the first to use this section of the form too, and guess what, they ignored everyone
    I think he might be the first to file it as a proper bug report. No one else bothered to use the template, which equates to no one has bothered to file a bug report. No template = No action. I don't see any related posts in the trash forums either, so none have been addressed yet either. :/

Personally, I do not see it as a bug. I see it as false advertising. We were told in advance that we'd be getting something, and obviously did not. Heck, it's even still listed in the uncorrected campaign announcement on the front page. It wouldn't bug me as much if they had quickly corrected the announcement if they were not actually planning on doing it and stated it was a website error...
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I think he might be the first to file it as a proper bug report. No one else bothered to use the template, which equates to no one has bothered to file a bug report.
    While I didn't C&P the exact Template, the thread I posted in this forum was close enough, it had all of the relevant information.

What's the point of adding some of the things from the Template when you're just going to write "N/A" after them anyways? And even then I added some information like internet speed that has absolutely jack all to do with the fact the Wanted Dial doesn't appear on the goblin.

Ignoring bug reports because of some irrelevant information was missing or they didn't C&P the exact Template is just asinine and ridiculous.

I can understand "Bug Reports" that are just gibberish being ignored, but when a bug report contains all the relevant information, it should be good enough.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    While I didn't C&P the exact Template, the thread I posted in this forum was close enough, it had all of the relevant information.

What's the point of adding some of the things from the Template when you're just going to write "N/A" after them anyways? And even then I added some information like internet speed that has absolutely jack all to do with the fact the Wanted Dial doesn't appear on the goblin.

Ignoring bug reports because of some irrelevant information was missing or they didn't C&P the exact Template is just asinine and ridiculous.

I can understand "Bug Reports" that are just gibberish being ignored, but when a bug report contains all the relevant information, it should be good enough.
    The point being that when you use the template properly, it doesn't get round-filed by default. It doesn't matter if it's asinine or ridiculous because it's also Failure to Follow Instructions. ^^;; Your opinion (and mine) of "what's good enough" may not match up to what the devs feel is. They gave us the template for a reason, it's not that much more effort to use it rather than not.

Don't forget, we are dealing with a language barrier as well, which is one of the many reasons why we should use the template as instructed. Which do you expect the devs to be notified of and/or check into first: A block of text with opinionated wording OR a templated bug report for the same issue that includes the steps to reproduce the glitch? I can say from personal experience that if you go the 2nd route, you are far more likely to end up with your post not going to one of the trash forums. If you use the template, there is at least the possibility of action.

Yes, you can "N/A" some things sometimes. It's to our own benefit to include as much of that irrelevant info as applicable so that they can rule out things like ISP/OS/etc issues however.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for letting me know. I knew (as I stated at the beginning) I was not the first to report the issue, but after looking through the thread I did see anyone submitting the problem using the form. (If I had seen one in this forum, I'd not submitted mine, just fyi.)
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I think he might be the first to file it as a proper bug report. No one else bothered to use the template, which equates to no one has bothered to file a bug report. No template = No action. I don't see any related posts in the trash forums either, so none have been addressed yet either. :/

Personally, I do not see it as a bug. I see it as false advertising. We were told in advance that we'd be getting something, and obviously did not. Heck, it's even still listed in the uncorrected campaign announcement on the front page. It wouldn't bug me as much if they had quickly corrected the announcement if they were not actually planning on doing it and stated it was a website error...
    Well a bug - IMHO - is when the code doesn't do what the documentation says it will do.

I worked for both IBM and Cray Research, Inc for years each and one thing both companies had in common was this: If it is documented in writing, it is legally binding. We had to match the documentation or change the documentation and also apologize to the customer (should we go the change documentation route). Maybe it wasn't that way for the entire company, but it was for the various groups and division I worked for at the time.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post

Just one thought .. Someone is using a program to pull the bug reports from the forum to collect and enter into an internal database. Maybe they are and maybe they're not .. just saying it is a possibility. Why? It is a way to work smarter not harder.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

This does seem more like a localisation error, and as such, I reported it over at the Localization forum (however (un)necessary it might be).

Perhaps /one/ of these venues will get the message through! :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast