Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't know why, back in the early days of FFXI, they didn't just allow the camera buttons to actually work while in-combat/locked on.

They work everywhere else anytime yo uare in 3rd person view.

Then, you pull your weapon out and BOOM. No more camera control. It's fixed where it thinks the camera "Should" be. The behavior really doesn't make any sense and it makes the game feel very rigid and it breaks any smooth movement flow.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    I don't know why, back in the early days of FFXI, they didn't just allow the camera buttons to actually work while in-combat/locked on.

They work everywhere else anytime yo uare in 3rd person view.

Then, you pull your weapon out and BOOM. No more camera control. It's fixed where it thinks the camera "Should" be. The behavior really doesn't make any sense and it makes the game feel very rigid and it breaks any smooth movement flow.
    That only happens while locked-on to a target. If you unlock while in combat, you can control the camera again.

Ah, and there's a trick I'd like to share as well. :3 If you are dead, then type: /target <stpc>
    It will bring up the subtarget cursor and while that is active, you can control the camera. No more staring at the corner of the room while taking a dirtnap and wondering wth is going on with the rest of the group or how much HP the mob that killed you still has left. ^^
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    That only happens while locked-on to a target. If you unlock while in combat, you can control the camera again.

Ah, and there's a trick I'd like to share as well. :3 If you are dead, then type: /target <stpc>
    It will bring up the subtarget cursor and while that is active, you can control the camera. No more staring at the corner of the room while taking a dirtnap and wondering wth is going on with the rest of the group or how much HP the mob that killed you still has left. ^^
    Eh, I tried that earlier today. Unlocked (but still have weapon pulled out), tried to use the camera buttons..... nope. Camera no move.

But then it'd help if the camera move buttons weren't the same as the menu nav buttons, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Eh, I tried that earlier today. Unlocked (but still have weapon pulled out), tried to use the camera buttons..... nope. Camera no move.

But then it'd help if the camera move buttons weren't the same as the menu nav buttons, lol.
    Hold shift.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2