Character
    Snarf
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Smythe's Ecu lost - traded to NPC Mewk Chorosap- and it's now gone.

Format on In-Game Bugs Thread
    When you create a new thread, please use the following template and try to include as much detail as possible.

Thread Title:
    Smythe's Ecu lost - traded to NPC Mewk Chorosap- and it's now gone.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)
    WINDOWS 10

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.
    FIOS

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)
    FIOS

Internet Connection Speed:
    100MB Up/DOwn

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)
    9:30PM Eastern Standard time

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?
    Snarf

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    TarutaruM

World:
    Carbuncle

Main Job:
    99 WAR/THF

Support Job:
    THF

Area and Coordinates:
    Port Jeuno

Party or Solo:
    SOLO

NPC Name:
    Mewk Chorosap

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    **Traded Smythe's Ecu to Mewk Chorosap
    Dialogue:
    "Hmm.. There's something wrrrong with this shield. I don't think it's capable of properly channeling your spirit."
    "Although, it's still perrrfectly repairable, if you so desire.
    However, know that repairing the smythe's ecu will reset the Eschulteon's progress to when you first received the toreutic aspis."
    "Okay, I'll make the rrrepairs. Wait just a moment.
    "That should do it."
    "When you're finished, you'll need to receive a sign on the shield from your guild master that it's finished. Then bring it back to me. I'm counting on you. Mwahaha."
    **Talked to NPC again
    Obtained: Smythe's ecu (the old version, did not have the phase 2 augments)

Tried this multiple time. Trading to guild master after receiving it back and coming back and was stuck in this loop. So, i thought maybe i had to zone out (per wiki it says you needed to zone)

Did the whole thing all over again:

Steps:
    **Traded Smythe's Ecu to Mewk Chorosap
    Dialogue:
    "Hmm.. There's something wrrrong with this shield. I don't think it's capable of properly channeling your spirit."
    "Although, it's still perrrfectly repairable, if you so desire.
    However, know that repairing the smythe's ecu will reset the Eschulteon's progress to when you first received the toreutic aspis."
    "Okay, I'll make the rrrepairs. Wait just a moment.
    "That should do it."
    "When you're finished, you'll need to receive a sign on the shield from your guild master that it's finished. Then bring it back to me. I'm counting on you. Mwahaha."
    **Zoned out
    **Zoned in
    **Talked to NPC again
    "Why hello there, my smithing expert. What is the prrroblem?"

At this point i called a GM.. GM Dorxenore suggested i select "I want a shield" from the NPC. So I did.

NPC gave me a Smythe's Aspir... MY ECU IS NOW GONE.............

GM told me to file a report. Was unable to restore my ECU. So here is the report..........

-Snarf

*** ADDED 3/14... So after not logging in for 5 days, and not seeing any response on this thread, i decided to restart my shield.. I had stocked up about 16k craft points, so i figured it wouldnt be a big deal to start over.....

Got my aspis to 100% for the second time, went to buy the mats... Looks like i now have 0 crafter points.... Seriously.. i'm done..... Please fix asap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Snarf; 03-16-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Character
    Octaviusc
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thread Title:
    Problem with upgrading beveler's ecu to scutum

I figured out my dilemma, what wasn't clear to me was having to trade the shield to the guild master after the first phase was complete. At that point Mewk in Port Jeuno should be able to take it and you'll be able to proceed with the upgrade from there
    (0)
    Last edited by Octaviusc; 03-11-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Character
    Radyyn
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Escutcheons Phase 2

Same thing happened to me and did Snarf, except I still have Smythe's Ecu cause I didn't trade it 2nd time. The npc is trying to offer to reset me to a Toreutic Aspis, which is a Goldsmith's shield.....so the whole quest seems screwed up. Don't want to trade my +1 Smythe Ecu to get a Goldsmith Aspis....please fix this...I should be able to trade Ecu +1 to get a Ecu -1 for Smithing not Goldsmithing.
    (0)

Character
    Snarf
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    All crafter points are now gone too... way to mess with me me twice. thanks SE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Snarf; 03-15-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Character
    Snarf
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hi.... anyone on the dev team planning on addressing this????

DEV TEAM,

Can you restore my lost craft points so I can start over?? I understand looking into issues takes time, that's fine, but i had ~15,600 craft points before this happened, now it reset to 0. If you restore those at least i can start over.

Thank you.

3/23/2017:

UNABLE TO VERIFY? How are you unable to verify that i once owned a Smythe's Ecu before i traded it to the NPC who stole it from me, and how are you unable to verify that i once had 15600 craft points?

Can you please verify my craft point balance and restore them so i can start fresh at the very least if you don't have time to actually verify the real bug?
    (0)
    Last edited by Snarf; 03-23-2017 at 08:49 PM.