Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Does this ever happen to you?

Curious as to whether this is the "Norm" as it relates to events--specifically Void Watch campaign related events wherein, one individual may "yell" or "shout"...Aello [Do you need it?] [Team Up?]...

Of course since everyone and anyone's ancestor wants a Heavy Metal Pouch or two, most folks flock to one of the spawn locations, team up or alliance form and someone spawns the Notorious monster. I happen to join up prior to getting ready for work as Summoner...so standing out of AoE range of the NMs' attacks I send in Ramuh to do my dirty work... I happen to notice between Volt Strikes and Shock Squalls, specifically when Aello does it's AoE knockback... that a good number of players just end up... standing around with their weapons out... while just a few run back in to re-engage...

"WAIT WUT!?!"... so perhaps my vision is blurred, and I mistook what I just witnessed as 12 out of 18 (I counted) folks were AFK (or NOT since the gold chest which spawns at the conclusion of the Void Op quickly was emptied of it's contents and a new spawn point appeared seconds later)... which made me realize that this appears to a norm.

People show up to a voidwatch encounter with the "intention" of AFK'ing during the fight... by not participating to down the NM, but are ever-present to open the gold chest and reap the spoils...????

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'll tell you what the outcome of this ended up being and what I did...

Being a decently leveled summoner allowed for Ramuh to do substantial damage per Volt Strike, as well as Shock Squall stopping all of those damaging TP moves the NM was fond of... of course, since the AFK folks were being spared the damaging TP moves my avid participation seemed to act as a form of enabling their behavior, as such, I... re-elegated to just having Ramuh perform standard melee hits... no more spamming Volt Strike (which stunned) and no more Shock Squall... result was the NM literally wiping the alliance.

Hence, my initial question... Does this ever happen to you?
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Klihri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I mean, what do you expect? I kill Aello in a single skillchain, it takes about 7 seconds. faster than some people can even hit the attack button. You attacking literally only makes the fight take longer. Your ws interrupts my sc, your tp feed makes me get paralyzed or knocked back etc.

Only a couple people need to bother attacking, it's an unneeded hassle to even bother with more than a couple people.

But the implication here is free money for everyone, and that bothers you?

Or is it that they are automating the chest, cause I wish EVERYONE was FORCED to take their items from the chest.

Or were you upset that you were soloing it, and felt under appreciated that people were idling and taking free money based on your actions?

(To actually answer your question, yes, this is literally every vw event)
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 03-14-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm guessing some third party nonsense.
    (0)

I would have gotten a good laugh out of that.

The larger the alliance, the more likely it is to see what you're describing. There is a large portion of the current player base that takes advantage of third party tools in blatant fashion which isn't surprising considering all the mindless grinding the game throws at us. SE's inability and/or unwillingness to do much about it only increases the odds that more players will decide to hop aboard that proverbial bandwagon in time.
    (1)