Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Off-Hand Weapons and Stats on them.

So, I've been spending the last half hour plus trying to find information on this.

I know that some weapons do not give you their listed stat bonuses when wielded in the offhand, otherwise that would be simply too ridiculous and overpowered.

Are there any guides out there, information, and what-not that tells you WHAT you get when you put a weapon in the off-hand vs what you DON'T get?

I ask this because I just got a Sandung for my THF, and I'm left with these options:

1). Anathema Harpe
    2). Sandung
    3). Arasy Knife
    4). (Soon) Blurred Knife

The Anathema Harpe has the highest damage, but yet I obviously want the Treasure Hunter+1 of the Sandung but it only has 102 damage. So I need to know if I actually get the TH+1 (and the Triple Attack) if I stick it in the OH or does it need to be in the MH to actually get the bonus?

I assume that the best combination of the above is probably Anathema in MH and Sandung in OH, but again, that all relies upon whether or not I'd get TH+1 with the Sandung in the OH.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 03-02-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Never use a Sandung. Unless you absolutely have to.

Offhand stats that do not work generally only apply to crit rate (wkr weapons) relics(att/acc) and original tp bonus weapons. Some standards would be nice though... we just have to guess, and that's silly.

Everything on sandung applies while in offhand.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Never use a Sandung. Unless you absolutely have to.

Offhand stats that do not work generally only apply to crit rate (wkr weapons) relics(att/acc) and original tp bonus weapons. Some standards would be nice though... we just have to guess, and that's silly.

Everything on sandung applies while in offhand.
    Well, the Sandung has Treasure Hunter +1 so I got it as a farming weapon. We do lots of farming, just to derp around and have fun doing it, so ya.

I mean, it's miles better than the Thief's Knife, lol. But thanks for the info on the offhand stats!
    (1)

Depending on whether or not your server still has people doing Delve you may want to get at the very least Plunderer's Armlets +1 for farming. And if you don't mind going down to lvl118 you could also get Skulker's Poulaines (lvl109) to cap gear TH (cap is TH8), or if you can get the lvl119 version then all the better because while you'll go over the TH cap Skulker also gives a very nice evasion bonus in addition to Despoil bonus.

That would free you to use either better weapons (for high lvl mobs) or fast attacking weapons like Platoon Dagger+Beestinger (for lower level mobs) so you can cap TH easier. Because at least in my experience having TH10+ on a mob makes a huge difference while farming.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm on Sylph, so uh... no Delve lol. At least not that I know of.
    (0)

Yeah, it's mainly because the Bztavian stinger you need to get reforged +1 are kinda rare to find at the AH these days unless there's a campaign.

Though getting both lvl109 reforged Relic armlets and Empy feet would still give you TH+4, so you'd be able to cap gear TH using your Sandung. If you don't mind going down to ilvl 117 that is.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 03-02-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

7. 03-02-2017 04:07 PM

Initial treasure hunter sticks as long as thf doesn't die, if he dies, TH resets, so all you have to do is equip yourself with TH 5 with gear (TH 3 from traits) which caps at TH 8, do something to the mob to get on the enmity list, then unequip TH gear for normal gear and continue building your TH from there, TH 8 gear/traits doesn't have to be on the whole fight.

Its mostly things that that affect WSs directly such as it says "Insert WS name" . Also if it say "skill" they don't stack off hand, such as magic acc skill and dagger skill etc, anything else such as triple attack, crit attack,attack, TH, WS damage etc etc does work as a off hand

sounds like a good a time for them to make the requirement to enter delve lowered from 3 people to 1 person? that'll allow for servers that lack it to beable to come up with solo stratergies. fight individual outside delve that'll have weakness problems with solo jobs, then finish the reset of delve with workable jobs.
    Be prepared for servers that sell those items for a fair amount to drop in price
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Initial treasure hunter sticks as long as thf doesn't die, if he dies, TH resets, so all you have to do is equip yourself with TH 5 with gear (TH 3 from traits) which caps at TH 8, do something to the mob to get on the enmity list, then unequip TH gear for normal gear and continue building your TH from there, TH 8 gear/traits doesn't have to be on the whole fight.
    TH doesn't get cleared if THF dies. I believe that it only resets if the target "phases" (depops/repops, like Sybaritic Samantha or Kirin V2). So basically, no worries about that.
    Official word from the devs is that TH procs are affected by your current total TH level compared to the proc level, so unequipping TH gear after tag will result in a significantly lower proc chance. The ideal is to have a total of TH13 to maximize proc chance assuming you have the 1200JP gift, TH11 if you have no JP.
    Anything over your THcap-1 provides no benefit in any way.

OP: Sandung also makes a really nice offhand once it's fully aug'd. The accuracy alone makes it very useful especially when your gear options are rather limited like it sounds to be the case for you currently. Since it sounds like you are leaning towards the Harpe (which has no acc+ on it,) then the aug'd Sandung sounds like your best offhand choice.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-03-2017 at 04:38 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    TH doesn't get cleared if THF dies. I believe that it only resets if the target "phases" (depops/repops, like Sybaritic Samantha or Kirin V2). So basically, no worries about that.
    Official word from the devs is that TH procs are affected by your current total TH level compared to the proc level, so unequipping TH gear after tag will result in a significantly lower proc chance. The ideal is to have a total of TH13 to maximize proc chance assuming you have the 1200JP gift, TH11 if you have no JP.
    Anything over your THcap-1 provides no benefit in any way.

OP: Sandung also makes a really nice offhand once it's fully aug'd. The accuracy alone makes it very useful especially when your gear options are rather limited like it sounds to be the case for you currently. Since it sounds like you are leaning towards the Harpe (which has no acc+ on it,) then the aug'd Sandung sounds like your best offhand choice.
    I wish they'd update BG with this information, would help alot
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    I wish they'd update BG with this information, would help alot
    No, it wouldn't.

Square has officially stated things about TH, it doesn't have any lasting effect on players. You still get people using Theif's knife while naked on KB.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast