Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    sword + shield looks good too....... but blu still got dual wield.
    I've said it before elsewhere and I'll say it here: BLU should have gotten Dual Wield before DNC. BLU is the only job I can think of that, on its own, cannot do anything with its left hand natively. THF can equip bucklers with its native shield skill, and DNC has native hand-to-hand, but BLU has no access to either shields or two-handers.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    ninja has GK & h2h too.......
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Dual wield makes way more sense for dancer than blu hands down.

Dancer is the most tp reliant job in the game, dual wield is the biggest supply of tp in the game. Blue is an mp reliant job, therefor dual wield makes less sense for it.

I don't think either jobs should have gotten dual wield though, since the dawn of ffxi dual wield was Ninja's thing, it's half the reason you went /nin

I'd hate to see ffxi turn into WoW, where every job slowly begins to become the same as others, until eventually you're either a DD job, a tanking job, or a healing job.

Ninja has dual wield because that's ninja's thing. Everyone else stop whining to ask for DW and just sub ninja. You may as well start whining that you don't get a pet to fight with you but pet jobs do, and you don't have a way to heal yourself so you want a cure spell, and you don't have a way to manage hate so you want a voke.

Job's are different in ffxi for a reason, if you don't like your job go level something else.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dear Alukat,

Before asking the development team to expend resources making bst have a natural DW trait you might want to actually take the afternoon, or at the most the 5days to a week to level DNC to 49. You've spoken at length in this thread about how /dnc isn't a viable option yet your's sits unopened. I'll agree that /nin for bst nowadays has lost it's usefulness since dnc received DW naturally. /nin affords DW3 being it's only truly useful advantage over /dnc. With the use of snarl you should spend very little time taking hits. Unless your trying to proc yellow with /nin your options with /dnc are far more favorable.

Curing Waltzes for yourself, party members, your npc. Healing Waltz. Debuffs to enemies Eva, Def, Magic Eva. Haste Samba for yourself, and your party. Spectral Jig(while the duration is atrocious) allows for gil free snk/invisi. Violent flourish for stuns. All of these are incredibly useful for both solo, and party situations.

Basically what I'm asking is at least take the time to try out all viable options for a job you play before asking the dev team to spend time adding things to a job. I would like to think that a player with a relic like yourself takes the time, and goes the extra mile to leave no stone unturned in their testing of playstyles. If you'd like to see Bst/Dnc in action, and what it's capable of drop me a /tell in game sometime.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i know what bst/dnc is capable of, i always duo with one >.>
    dnc was the worst thing SE could ever do to FFxi stun/cure/debuffs who needs rdms whms and blms anymore? aside of proc.
    i think /dnc makes bst way to overpowered that's why i don't level it. i like challenges.
    i need approx 10-15 seconds to get 100+tp so with this fast tp build do u think something could kill me?
    well and no stone unturned in playstyle, i would really love to try new ways as bst and other subs, but i either had to sacrifice my 100tp-bonus or occ. 2-4 attack axe. this is why other subs aside from nin/dnc/whm aren't used. that's why i want a natural dual wield for bst.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 07-12-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Even if some DNCs are shown Dual Wielding, in Campaign they all use H2H. So its not entirely sound.
    NPCs behaving Red Magey in Campaign also tend to use two swords. ^^;

But anyhoo, I wouldn't really mind if each and every job could pick up two single-handed weapons at once. I mean, the characters DO have two hands and so on... Obviously there would be different kind of draw-backs depending of the job, and many a tweaks would be likely needed to not tip things off-balance.

It's not completely un-heard of in older Final Fantasy titles, though, it would be mostly via an accessory of some kind that it would become possible.

Genji Gloves + Offering, anyone?
    ~Dozes imagining attacking 8 times per round, all the time, any job, and no not with a kraken club...~
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If anything maybe I'd be fine with all jobs being able to dual wield, BUT without the dual wield trait itself you wouldn't get the substantial -delay. In other words all you'd get from DWing is extra stats from the offhand, you'd swing twice per round but twice as slow.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    If anything maybe I'd be fine with all jobs being able to dual wield, BUT without the dual wield trait itself you wouldn't get the substantial -delay. In other words all you'd get from DWing is extra stats from the offhand, you'd swing twice per round but twice as slow.
    indeed. DW I would be a 15% loss in delay reduction, but i would be able to test new subs as bst, and i think its worth
    (0)

Oh god who dug this topic back up lol. The hate in this thread was almost on par with the War and Sam threads

Also dual wield FTW i think V would do nicely lol
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8